Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Australia waiting on Jones scan results after Indonesia win

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Australia waiting on Jones scan results after Indonesia win 17425975

Australia are waiting on the results of a scan after Gethin Jones was forced off during the 4-0 win against Indonesia.

Jones was named in the starting line-up and assisted Martin Boyle’s goal as the Socceroos secured their place in the quarter-final of the Asian Cup.

However, the Bolton vice-captain came off with 20 minutes to go due to a groin issue. He was replaced by Nathaniel Atkinson.

After the final whistle, manager Graham Arnold revealed that Jones had gone to get a scan straight away.

“Gethin has gone straight to hospital to get a scan on his groin,” he explained. “We will know the answer to that in the next 24 hours. It is what it is, unfortunately for him.”

Craig Goodwin and Harry Souttar were also on target for the Socceroos, who initially went ahead through an Elkan Baggott own goal. Arnold’s side will now face Saudi Arabie or South Korea in the last eight.

“I think you have got to give credit to Indonesia, they made it tough for us,” said Arnold. “They are very big and strong, and it was a tough game.

“But the quality we have up front came through, and the stuff we have been working on in training with the attacking combinations. Our boys are probably starting to believe more and more in it, they are working.”

He added: “Asian football has come along leaps and bounds, and we expected that. We said to the boys – ‘be ready for a fight, be ready for a physical battle because that is what Indonesia are going to bring’.

“We can probably do better in every aspect, and I will do a review tonight or tomorrow morning to review what we can do better because we always want to be positive with things.”

Source

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gethin Jones has been cleared of any major damage to his groin after a scare while on international duty with Australia.

The Bolton vice-captain was forced off during the 4-0 win against Indonesia and manager Graham Arnold revealed he had gone straight to hospital for a scan.

Thankfully, the scan came back all clear and Jones should be available for the quarter-final against Saudi Arabia or South Korea.

"All clear," he said. "Just a bit of fatigue. This is new to me, a different kind of competition from what I am used to at the club level.

“Definitely (be ready for Friday). The group has been doing really well, working hard in training every single day and now we just need to look forward to who we get after they play tomorrow night."

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'll put this bit of gossip here from this morning.

10:56
Calvin Ramsay to join Bolton on loan
Mail Sport understands that Calvin Ramsay from Liverpool is joining Bolton Wanderers on loan.

Liverpool were impressed with the work done by Bolton with Conor Bradley last season and that has played a part in their decision.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/live/article-13018339/Transfer-news-LIVE-Monday-2024.html

There might be nothing in it.

It might have been cover just in case Jones was out injured for some weeks, if so he isn't need now, or,

It might be cover for JDC as we don't seem to have any other natural left wing back in the squad and Cogley has played in more or less all but a few games for us already this season.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The transfer rumours thread is here if you have lost your bearings.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:The transfer rumours thread is here if you have lost your bearings.

No, I haven't lost anything thank you, I specifically posted it here for this reason...

Sluffy wrote:It might have been cover just in case Jones was out injured for some weeks, if so he isn't need now...

...and which was completely relevant to this thread, wouldn't you agree?

..dunno..

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:The transfer rumours thread is here if you have lost your bearings.

No, I haven't lost anything thank you, I specifically posted it here for this reason...

Sluffy wrote:It might have been cover just in case Jones was out injured for some weeks, if so he isn't need now...

...and which was completely relevant to this thread, wouldn't you agree?

..dunno..

Fair enough. I did skim read it when I saw it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, why always on the defensive by the way? ..dunno..

No, I haven't lost anything thank you

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Sluffy, why always on the defensive by the way?  ..dunno..

No, I haven't lost anything thank you

Well maybe because I'd done nothing wrong in the first place?

How else can I be then?

You implied I'd lost my way, which I clearly had not, so if anything I was simply being polite in my reply by thanking you for your help to find the Transfer Thread which you somehow thought I'd lost, rather than wanting to point out the obvious that you clearly had not properly read what I had posted in the first place because if you had you wouldn't have posted what you did!

Which you have admitted to above, being the case!!!

You seem to be making something out of absolutely nothing here for some reason?

If I've upset you by some means or other then I apologise as it certainly was not my intention in any way.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You haven’t upset me. It just came across like you were that’s all. Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:You haven’t upset me. It just came across like you were that’s all. Smile

I would have hoped by now that you would know that I don't get upset by anything on social media.

It does however becomes a bit scary when some (and it has happened) take their issues with me from social media and bring them into their real life and they try to do something to fuck me up!

I've had one trying to hack me and others trying to fuck the site.

And they all thought I was the one who was weird and bonkers...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Things are usually said in jest with me to wum a little sometimes in a good way. I have no beef with anyone to be honest and this place is simply a bit of fun away from real life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum