Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fan's View: We need points not praise

+2
Norpig
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fan's View: We need points not praise Empty Fan's View: We need points not praise Mon Mar 18 2024, 08:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We descended upon Pride Park in our thousands for arguably the biggest match of our season so far.

Despite Bolton’s national dish, a meat and potato pasty barm being available, it was over a draught Doombar and Chicken Balti pie, that we discussed out chances.

If we could perform like we did at Barnsley and against Oxford, then a win would put us in pole position, a draw would keep us right in the mix, whilst a defeat would be a huge blow to our hopes of an automatic promotion place. Which Wanderers would turn up?

The ground was full, the biggest League 1 crowd of the season, the atmosphere was brilliant, and it was the Bolton Boys making all the noise as the Wanderers dominated from the start.

Only their goalie, Joe Wildsmith kept them in the game, with two fantastic saves from Bodvarsson and Thomason, while the referee feebly fell for their dark arts, calling timeouts for feigned injuries, breaking our play up and slowing down the proceedings.

Then disaster struck in the 75th minute when we failed to defend a corner and they scored with their only chance. We were stunned. The Derby crowd finally woke up.

Don’t ask me how but we had lost this match and come away with nothing. Gutted does not begin to describe my feelings. We had put in a decent performance, we were ahead on all the stats, except the one that matters, the goal scored.

Even their manager, Paul Warne, thought that we deserved something.

It is points not praise that we want and need at this time of the season. We do not want pats on the back with nothing to show for it. It is no good being the best footballing team without making our chances count by sticking the ball in the net.

We are all in this together, the players, management, and fans together. Ian Evatt and the players will be as gutted as we are, with this result. But it’s not over by a long way. It has got hugely more difficult for the automatic spot but not impossible.

Let’s sulk for a couple of days, then get our heads up and come roaring back at Stevenage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What we really what is prizes.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:What we really what is prizes.

???

Do you mean 'want'?

If so is promotion seen as a 'prize', as I would see it as more as the basic job of what we are doing and not recognition of it as some form of reward?

Or are you talking about something else completely, like a prize for the stadium with best mowed grass for instance?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You do realise what you've unleashed now BTID?  Laughing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just wait till Bonce sees this Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got home to find the walls of Nuts plastered with pictures of the great man. What a joy.
I've run out of tissues.
I'll need to have a lie down. I feel blessed.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks BTID. As a Wanderers free weekend approaches, what better way to pass the time.
I'll try not to let you all down. I've opened my Brucie vault. cheers

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Thanks BTID. As a Wanderers free weekend approaches, what better way to pass the time.
I'll try not to let you all down. I've opened my Brucie vault. cheers

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I've run out of tissues.

Disturbing thought.
No wonder you need a lie down.

karlypants

karlypants