Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay

+7
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Spirit of 58
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ebay  Empty Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've had a huge wardrobe revamp in recent weeks which has seen the emergence of my ebay career, though it hasn't been without hiccups.

Just three weeks ago for instance, I kissed goodbye to my favourite Lonsdale tracksuit (it's seen better days, but I got a good price nonetheless) before taking it to the Post Office to be shipped off. Hours later, the buyer requested a refund on the basis that he had changed his mind, before calling me a paedophile and, in broken English threatening to get his Johnson Fold based brothers to batter me. I refused to be bullied, and needless to say, ebay didn't take his complaint seriously, but he remains an existing member despite the incident which I reported with evidence, his biased feedback hasn't been removed and as a seller, I can't get my own back with some nasty feedback of my own.

Please share your own ebay injustices and annoyances here.

2Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I've had a huge wardrobe revamp in recent weeks which has seen the emergence of my ebay career, though it hasn't been without hiccups.

Just three weeks ago for instance, I kissed goodbye to my favourite Lonsdale tracksuit (it's seen better days, but I got a good price nonetheless) before taking it to the Post Office to be shipped off. Hours later, the buyer requested a refund on the basis that he had changed his mind, before calling me a paedophile and, in broken English threatening to get his Johnson Fold based brothers to batter me. I refused to be bullied, and needless to say, ebay didn't take his complaint seriously, but he remains an existing member despite the incident which I reported with evidence, his biased feedback hasn't been removed and as a seller, I can't get my own back with some nasty feedback of my own.

Please share your own ebay injustices and annoyances here.

I feel for you, I really do. I feel if I get started on this thread I'll be here all night. I hate ebay, yet am strangely addicted.

3Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All my dealings on Ebay have been great with no issues at all

4Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are my ebay observations:

1) Virtually all ebay members are thick as pigshit. Most can't write in English despite living their whole life here.

2) Ebay buyers cannot read. They look at the photo of the item and ignore everything you write in the description. So you sell a jacket with a small stain and clearly mention this - the buyer will ignore this and expect a perfect jacket.

3) Ebay sellers are liars. If they say "good condition" they mean "shit condition". If they say "CD has light surface marks" they mean "my 16 year old son with the mental age of 8 used the CD to sharpen his collection of knives".

4) Ebay and Paypal are wankers. They are in it together and will rip you off at every opportunity.

5Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have had several ebay incidents. The worst was paying £125 for a rare first press CD, only to find it was a re-issue worth £5 at best. The seller promised me it was the original press. I got nowhere with ebay who said he had "sold it in good faith". I ended up taking the twat to the small claims court. And won.

Last year I bought a coat from a seller in the US. When it arrived it was clearly a fake. He refused to refund me so I sent a letter to all his neighbours saying he was a convicted peadophile using a false name.

6Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 22:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

never had a problem and buy quite a bit on there.

7Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sun Nov 25 2012, 22:31

I buy quite a bit and never had any real problems that haven't been sorted.

Last weekend my daughter got into my Ebay after I left it logged in an bought some 1 Direction tickets for £160, put them back on Ebay as soon as they arrived. Currently at £80 if anyone wants to bid feel free.

8Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Mon Nov 26 2012, 22:41

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Bought and sold on Ebay without any problems. Shocked

9Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 14:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spirit of 58 wrote:Bought and sold on Ebay without any problems. Shocked

Me too. Any thoughts on this one? On Monday I bought an Xbox Live 12 month Gold card advertised as brand new still in packet. The seller had a star rating of 357 and 100% rating and had been a member since 2007. I paid £28 via Paypal ( normal retail price being £40)

The seller turned out to be an Asian guy from London. He marked the item as despatched yesterday and today he has e-mailed me to ask me if once I receive the item, I can cancel the transaction so that he can recover his ebay fees.

On going through his feedback he only has 21 responses from buyers and all his other feedback has been from sellers.

Is he operating a scam of some sort or is he just trying to recoup a few bob ? I have never come across a request like before.

10Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Spirit of 58 wrote:Bought and sold on Ebay without any problems. Shocked

Me too. Any thoughts on this one? On Monday I bought an Xbox Live 12 month Gold card advertised as brand new still in packet. The seller had a star rating of 357 and 100% rating and had been a member since 2007. I paid £28 via Paypal ( normal retail price being £40)

The seller turned out to be an Asian guy from London. He marked the item as despatched yesterday and today he has e-mailed me to ask me if once I receive the item, I can cancel the transaction so that he can recover his ebay fees.

On going through his feedback he only has 21 responses from buyers and all his other feedback has been from sellers.

Is he operating a scam of some sort or is he just trying to recoup a few bob ? I have never come across a request like before.

It's not really a scam but it's bloody cheeky. He basically wants to recoup his £2.80 fees. It won't affect you as you'll already have the product. But DO NOT do as he asks as ebay are pretty hot on stuff like this, if he does it enough times he will be banned from ebay, and perhaps you with him.

11Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 16:45

Report the tight fucker to eBay, if everyone did this there wouldn't be an eBay to use.

12Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 16:47

bwfc1874 wrote:Report the tight fucker to eBay, if everyone did this there wouldn't be an eBay to use.

i agree with this. i recently bought a dress for £35 and the seller asked me to do the same thing. i reported her and within 48 hours her account said "no longer a registered user".

13Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 16:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's the problem with Ebay - if you do anything that fucks THEM over and effects their profit and loss accounts, your really in the shit.

But... if a seller fucks YOU over, they turn a blind eye.

its all about the interests of Ebay and not the 'customer'

in all seriousness, ebay has to protect the sellers, not the buyers - they get more money from sellers.

14Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am goint to wait until the item arrives and as long as it isn't snide then I am going to ignore his request. Surely ebay must smell a rat if he is asking me to cancel the transaction AFTER I have used Paypal to pay for it and he has acknowledged posting the item ?

15Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Thu Nov 29 2012, 06:33

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

eBay is fine until there is a problem, then you realise they don't give a shit. I once put up two tickets for a concert which was 5 days away. some slag won the auction for about 100 quid but after two days I had still not received payment. She claimed she would pay me shortly but no payment came. I put a complaint in about her and she claimed I had been abusive and threatened her and eBay didn't want to know. By this time it was too late to sell the tickets and they went to waste. I was fuming and closed my account.
Another time I bought sonething and the item never came, eBay just didn't want to know.
The other thing I hate about eBay are the selling costs. I sold a watch once and about two months later got a ten quid bill - the watch only sold for about 90 quid. It's a bollocks of a site.

16Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Dec 12 2012, 14:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction."

When did it become trendy to write this? It's awful.

17Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Dec 12 2012, 19:40

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

HELP!

I've just bid for a Mickey Mouse outfit, now I'm two minutes away from owning Blackburn Rovers.

(Yes, the old ones are the best)

19Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Sat Feb 02 2013, 00:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Anyone got a spare £2.5 million?

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ebay&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQqQIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2Fdefence%2F9841624%2FFormer-RAF-radar-station-with-bunker-and-helipad-for-sale-on-eBay.html&ei=6_oLUYz3AsSP0AXytIGQCw&usg=AFQjCNGO1dP31P1MhqPVvJrdxv-AInjeOA
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ebay&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQqQIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2Fdefence%2F9841624%2FFormer-RAF-radar-station-with-bunker-and-helipad-for-sale-on-eBay.html&ei=6_oLUYz3AsSP0AXytIGQCw&usg=AFQjCNGO1dP31P1MhqPVvJrdxv-AInjeOA[/quote[/url]]

That's about 6 miles from my gaff. Might put a cheeky bid in.

20Ebay  Empty Re: Ebay Wed Feb 06 2013, 23:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Selling a lot of my dad's old Vinyl's at the moment, which has opened the door to a new ebay hate.

It's amazing how many people think they have a right to a postage discount if they're buying multiple items from you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum