Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!!

+2
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 00:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To me this is a great idea which will porbably never see fruition in UK due to our current laws.....

I caught the 0052 train back from Amsterdam to Almere. Upon walking through the main part of the city centre there was a police blockade. Basically you were only allowed to go into the town centre once you have been frsiked for weapons - and then at the other end of the town centre, when leaving, you were frisked again.

I had a good chat with one of the policemen involved and he said its not teh first time they have done this, although its the first time I have encountered it, but he said that no one has ever refused a search and most say it creates a safe area for party-goers, and seems to be a succesds as street and club crime has been reduced by 60% over the last 3 months they have done it.

For me its a great idea and something that Greater Manchester Police should look at not only for Bolton for all towns and cities within its jurisdiction. I ahve nothing to hide and pleased that the police are actually being pre-emptive rather than catching up with the criminals.

Do you think its a great idea that the UK forces should adopt?

Saying that in Australian, especially Melbourne, they normally seal off teh roads leading out from Melbourne and everyone is breatherlysed - since the introduction drink-driving has been reduced by over 50% - again is this an idea that the forces of teh UK should adaopt - although this should require a change in the law as "random" breath tests are currently illegal under British law!

2Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 09:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

It would be great in my opinion, but with all the budget cuts in the UK it simply won't happen.

I haven't been into town on a weekend night in a very long time. Too many drunken dickeads who think they're Mike Tyson.

3Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 11:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

mixed feeling on this one. Although good in principle, its yet another step, albeit a small one, towards a Police state.

4Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 11:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:I caught the 0052 train back from Amsterdam to Almere. Upon walking through the main part of the city centre there was a police blockade.

They'd obviously heard you were on your way Chris.

5Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="Bernard Dennis Park"]
bwfc71 wrote:
They'd obviously heard you were on your way Chris.

Perhaps they had a tip off from Mr Sharp ? Shocked

6Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They didn't ask for names or addresses and as they were speaking Dutch, and so was I they wouldn't even know who I was!

7Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You were speaking Dutch?

8Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:27

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yep, I have been taking night classes for the last year. Whats so surprising about that?

9Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:42

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What makes you think I was surprised? I just asked you a question. Klootzak.

10Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we talking to Chris or his girlfriend here?

11Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:03

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wonder if she even knows that she's Chris's girlfriend or it's another Jitbag situation.

12Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are we talking to Chris or his girlfriend here?

:dontgetit:

13Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apparently his girlfriend sometimes posts things when he's not looking.

14Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Apparently his girlfriend sometimes posts things when he's not looking.

Might be a good idea to log off after finishing on the computer.

15Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:19

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

These imaginary girlfriends are sneaky fuckers. Glad I killed mine.

16Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nothing wrong with having an alter ego, is there Jemima ? king

No, I'm all for it sweetie queen

(ok, I'm going for a lie down now) Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! 2839888827

17Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:31

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't like the idea of being hassled and searched twice every time I want to go into town, I could be in a rush. How long did the queue/frisk take?

Especially driving, it must make significant queues having to stop each car to Breathalyze them!

This seems like punishing the majority because of the minority. Like the proposed netting at grounds, the rest of us shouldn't be punished because of a few idiots.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:32; edited 1 time in total

18Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:32

bwfc71 wrote:To me this is a great idea which will porbably never see fruition in UK due to our current laws.....

I caught the 0052 train back from Amsterdam to Almere. Upon walking through the main part of the city centre there was a police blockade. Basically you were only allowed to go into the town centre once you have been frsiked for weapons - and then at the other end of the town centre, when leaving, you were frisked again.

I had a good chat with one of the policemen involved and he said its not teh first time they have done this, although its the first time I have encountered it, but he said that no one has ever refused a search and most say it creates a safe area for party-goers, and seems to be a succesds as street and club crime has been reduced by 60% over the last 3 months they have done it.

For me its a great idea and something that Greater Manchester Police should look at not only for Bolton for all towns and cities within its jurisdiction. I ahve nothing to hide and pleased that the police are actually being pre-emptive rather than catching up with the criminals.

Saying that in Australian, especially Melbourne, they normally seal off teh roads leading out from Melbourne and everyone is breatherlysed - since the introduction drink-driving has been reduced by over 50% - again is this an idea that the forces of teh UK should adaopt - although this should require a change in the law as "random" breath tests are currently illegal under British law!

I've seen them do it at Bolton train station after someone got stabbed at that club at top of Bank Street. They did it for about 5 weekends afterwards but didn't find much so gave it up as a bad job.

19Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

5 weeks ? The train would have gone by then

20Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Empty Re: Frisked for weapons in Almere!!!! Sun Dec 16 2012, 14:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:5 weeks ? The train would have gone by then

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum