Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvin Sordell - £4 million?

+5
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
BWFCinPhila
Keegan
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 13:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 4 million I think he was a bargain. Mark Hughes at QPR paid 6 million for Zamora and 4 million for Cisse and Sordell is a lot younger than the pair of them.

22Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 13:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Quite interested to see what this fella is all about, personally know very little of him and apart from the football league show and that clip of him in the u-21's for england I have never seen him.

Then again I know lttle of all 3 of our signings so I won't make judgement until I see them play.....unlike some of our so called fans on facebook.

23Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 14:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm reasonably optimistic about OC's signings. He has not spent a lot but seems to have acquired some decent players. Time will tell and we have a hard struggle to avoid relegation starting tonight.

I don't know what is being said on facebook as I don't have an account, probably because I am too old to want one.

24Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 14:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My worry is the fact that Coyle's been known to want to spend a considerable fraction of his tight budget on players he has no intention of drafting into the first team for a good while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sordell isn't a regular first teamer for a good while which would be annoying as £4m is a lot of money for us to spend on a might-come-gooder. It's the kind of money we needed to be spending on a player who's going to come in and command a first team spot straight away. I can't see a 20 year old from Watford doing that.

25Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 14:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've almost given off the impression there that I don't think he'll be any good when I do.

I just worry that he'll be Coyle's latest benchwarming toy, through no real fault of his own.

26Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 14:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well to be honest that is the way I see it too.

Are we really going to throw a 20 year old fresh from the Championship player right into our relegation fight?

Will we really have a 19 year old who has never played in the Premiership as our starting winger?

And will an American who has never played first class football in this country be better than Knight - well ok, I'll give you that one - but I don't really see any of the three being regulars in the first team anytime soon though.

27Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 16:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree that all 3 are unlikely to feature regularly at first but I am not sure who Coyle could realistically have targeted as immediate recruits in our relegation struggle. I think and certainly hope that Myo will be given a chance this season and maybe one or both of the signings will break through. If we do go down Ream and Sordell should at least be assets for next season.

The other good news is that Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves don't seem to have done very well out of January and we only have to finish above these 3 to survive.

28Marvin Sordell - £4 million? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marvin Sordell - £4 million? Wed Feb 01 2012, 17:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting point. Also note that the teams above us have bought tried and tested players for the most part. Rovers and Wolves picked up potentially interesting signings/loans too.

Sure we only have to finish where we are to survive but there seems to be little margin for error and the signings could make the difference - although we also have the advantage of returning players. If we pull it off it augurs well for the future as the signings could have a long-term effect if they step up to the plate this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum