Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson for £3 million - NIXON

+11
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Craig Dawson for £3 million - NIXON Empty Craig Dawson for £3 million - NIXON Fri Dec 28 2012, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton are planning an ambitious swoop for West Brom’s England Under-21 defender Craig Dawson.

Dawson was born in nearby Rochdale and could be ready for a switch to the Reebok if it means regular first-team football.

Trotters boss Dougie Freedman is keen to bolster his defence and believes the centre-half – who is both young and hungry – has just the qualities his Championship outfit need.

The Baggies rate Dawson at around the £3million mark and Bolton are willing to buy, but may first ask to bring him on loan for the rest of the season.

The 22-year-old is frustrated at the Hawthorns and is unlikely to be put off by a drop to the Championship.

He signed for Albion from Rochdale in 2010 before being loaned back to Spotland.

Freedman identified his back-line as a problem after taking charge at the Trotters – and costly defeats to Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday have stretched his patience.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know of this player, but he is young and hopefully will be a good player if he signs for us, at least it seems we are after a defender which is what spoeArs to be our main problem area.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Burnley were sniffing around when he was at Rochdale when Coyle was manager.

We also tried getting him on loan from West Brom.

£3 million is a lot of brass. Shocked

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm glad that I'm not mental and that I actually remembered sommat cheers

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It also appears Swansea were looking at him a couple of weeks ago

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He must have something about him being picked for team GB and england u21's.

He also has a decent eye for goal, 5 in 10 for England. And 10 in 40 for Rochdale.

Boggersbelief wrote:He must have something about him being picked for team GB and england u21's.

Marvin Sordell :whistle:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marvin sordell is a decent player though, he can score goals. Proved it at watford.

I'm sure when he's moved on he will be a different player for his new club.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great news! A young hungry quality defender, just because WBA may value him at £3 million, that doesn't mean they'll get it. Just offer £1 million initially and take it from there.

Dougie is also looking for a right back, left back, and a defensive midfielder. Very Happy

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

he wont come...

A) Because we dont have (or wont fork out any money for anybody)

B) Because if a prem club sniffs at him - he will go there regardless.

C) West Brom wont allow us to do our favourite method of bringing a player in - a loan.

how terrible has it become that we are begging shitty clubs like west brom for loans...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Burnley were sniffing around when he was at Rochdale when Coyle was manager.

Nuff said. He's shite.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Burnley were sniffing around when he was at Rochdale when Coyle was manager.

Nuff said. He's shite.

Didn't coyle sign stuart Holden?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Indeed he did. Spent 80% of his BWFC getting paid to sit on his arse. Awful, awful signing.

He also signed Ngog, Sordell, Pratley, Mears, Andrews and several other useless bastards.

The facts speak for themselves, if Coyle thinks you're a good player then you are, in fact, shite.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Indeed he did. Spent 80% of his BWFC getting paid to sit on his arse. Awful, awful signing.

He also signed Ngog, Sordell, Pratley, Mears, Andrews and several other useless bastards.

The facts speak for themselves, if Coyle thinks you're a good player then you are, in fact, shite.

Come on be fair, Holden couldn't help getting injured, you must agree that he was our star man before injury and had he stayed fit I would have even hedged my bet on us avoiding relegation, I still think holden will turn out to be a great signing, he's just turned 27 and if he comes back the same man (I think he will) then we will have a hell of a player.

I don't agree with you about N'Gog or sordell either, both are young an have great potential.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Come on be fair, Holden couldn't help getting injured, you must agree that he was our star man before injury and had he stayed fit I would have even hedged my bet on us avoiding relegation, I still think holden will turn out to be a great signing, he's just turned 27 and if he comes back the same man (I think he will) then we will have a hell of a player.

I don't agree with you about N'Gog or sordell either, both are young an have great potential.

I can't decide if you're WUMming or not, but I'll play along as I'm waiting for my housekeeper to return from Sainsburys with some fresh bread.

Holden is a good player. A very good player. But it's no point having a good player if he's going to be injured every week - especially when you're paying him thousands of pounds per week. I'm sorry, but unless he goes on to stick around for another few years and actually plays a full season or two, he will go down as a very poor signing.

As for Ngog, he's scored one goal every ten games so far in his Bolton career. He has two years left on his contract. If he continues in his current form he will leave on a "free" and sign for Tranmere or Scunthorpe. He may well turn out to be decent one day, but unless he does it soon it'll be too late for us.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was teh red-scum wwho injured Holden but it was then Coyle's backroom medical staff that did not notice any other potential damage, so when he did come back for one game it put him back to square one on teh injury list.

None of it was Holden's fault, you really cannot blame the lad for being out of action for so long. Again cruelly put out by a red-scum player and then our inpet medical staff not spotting the danger signs of further problems and then our inept manager, at the time, playing him when not even match-fit!!! How would you feel if you were Holden and in that predicament???

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden is "injury prone" by definition but his injuries aren't niggling complaints like a Michael Owen or a Kieron Dyer they are trauma injuries.

sadly he's been the victim of horrific bad luck. On his day i do believe he could hold his own at a club like Everton or Spurs. Sadly we might never see that quality again because of some bad luck, and some very bad tackles.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Id be happy with this guy, hes mean't to be pretty good.. not that I can ever remember seeing him play personally.

A loan with a view to a permanent move would be perfect.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Signed him on Football manager, he's aweful.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need a defender with Championship experience and who is proven to be good at this level. Not if/but/maybe players who can't get into a Prem team and have only played for Rochdale in Leagues' One & Two. £3million? Naff off Baggies!

I'm out! Next.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum