Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson

+7
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
Jamster26
Bernard Dennis Park
observer
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Craig Dawson Empty Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 12:51

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Say it ain't so Dougie... (or are you being clever)?

West Bromwich Albion defender Craig Dawson is unlikely to join Bolton
permanently after his loan spell, according to manager Dougie Freedman.

Dawson has scored four goals in his last three outings, including

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I told Craig the deal. I'll develop him as a player
and then I'll send him back to West Brom," Wanderers boss Freedman told

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 12:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt they'd sell him to us tbh.

Also I heard if we make the playoffs Dawson won't be able to play as his loan deal will have expired. Anyone know if this is right?

I'd love us to sign him up though.

3Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 13:00

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That is right. Hopefully we can extend the deal at some point.

4Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm hoping its a bit of kidology to throw others of the scent, but if we can't buy him why not extend his loan to the end of the season? Seems silly to send him back and for him to miss the last few games.

5Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 14:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been good going forward, he's good in the air generally and he's got a decent partnership going with the much maligned Knight. Thought he should have blocked the shot that led to Barnsley's equaliser, but he's competent defensively by and large. But what is Dougie thinking?
He knows that if Dawson has a great loan spell and we make a move for him, we'll be asked to pay way over the odds so maybe this is a pre-emptive negotiation move?
Or maybe he's remembered that he left Ream and Mills in a locker somewhere and Wheater is coming back so we don't need Dawson?
Or maybe he is hedging his bets in case by some outside flukey chance we manage to get promoted and we need to get better quality at the back than all of them?

6Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Megson would say.

"It gets up my hooter a bit when they're all going megson megson sign him up, on who brought, who they thought brought him here in the first place, you know and urr, who plays him, and ur, who knows him better than anyone else"

Wise words that could be applied here too.

7Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 14:24

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Laughing

8Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye, sadly he goes back before the Blackpool game.

From what I can read from DFs comments WBA maybe willing to sell at the right price, though i'm guessing we would need to go up in order to afford the fee.

9Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come the end of the season I can see a few of our current squad leaving the club. If we have the money to sign Dawson then I think Dougie will do everything in his power to try and get him to sign for us on a full time basis. It all depends on how much we have to spend.

10Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no doubt he's a threat from an attacking point of view - five goals in six matches and he could easily have had a few against Burnley.

It's difficult to evaluate a player's defensive abilities over six matches. We're unbeaten since he arrived, but he's one of a few recent changes to our play.

I'm excited by what I've seen but it's early days to be talking about splashing the cash in my opinion.

11Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:There's no doubt he's a threat from an attacking point of view - five goals in six matches and he could easily have had a few against Burnley.

It's difficult to evaluate a player's defensive abilities over six matches. We're unbeaten since he arrived, but he's one of a few recent changes to our play.

I'm excited by what I've seen but it's early days to be talking about splashing the cash in my opinion.

In the games he's played it's evident that he's much better than knight, ream and wheater. Of course we should splash whatever cash we have on him

12Craig Dawson Empty Re: Craig Dawson Tue Mar 05 2013, 01:11

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Look at it from his point of view:

Bolton - First team playing at Championship level (possibly prem if we are promoted, massive IF.. but even then still a huge risk of relegation for him).

West Brom - In and around the first team of a stable prem club.

Not only would we have to pay a lot of money for him, we would also have to pay huge wages to tempt him away, if indeed hes willing to leave west brom at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum