Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grugas signed - NIXON

+14
JonnyRandom
doffcocker
chipbutty
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
observer
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I think some of you are reading too much into CD not being in the team on saturday, DF said after the game that he hasn't played a part in Barnsleys last 2 games and wasn't at the right fitness levels he was required to be, plus he can't play tonight due to him not being in the team against Sunderland.

Ha ha, what a dummy you are Aaron.

How much fitness can a professional footballer lose in two weeks when he is still training?

He should at least have been on the bench to give the crowd a lift at 1-1 with 20 minutes to go.

42Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:28

Bolton Nuts

Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:I think some of you are reading too much into CD not being in the team on saturday, DF said after the game that he hasn't played a part in Barnsleys last 2 games and wasn't at the right fitness levels he was required to be, plus he can't play tonight due to him not being in the team against Sunderland.

Some of you make out like it's a bloody area 51 conspiracy.

This.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

43Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He didn't sign in time to play against Sunderland and so cannot play in this round of the cup.

44Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Ha ha, what a dummy you are Aaron.

How much fitness can a professional footballer lose in two weeks when he is still training?

He should at least have been on the bench to give the crowd a lift at 1-1 with 20 minutes to go.

Everyone a lift? Ha, you really think the fans would have been excited to see an unknown from barnsley on the bench who has recently come back from a broken leg?

No offence to the lad he might turn out great but it's not like having anelka on the bench.

45Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Wed Jan 16 2013, 18:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Grugas is apparently "training well, looking good and just awaiting international clearance". That's what my pal Alan says, anyway.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

46Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 07:39

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is this guy going straight into the first team squad, or is he for the development squad?

47Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 08:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One for the future apparently.

48Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 09:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So another pointless signing then...

49Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:So another pointless signing then...

Only if you are desperate to sign players that will make an immediate impact this season and I'm not convinced that we should or could get promoted this year. We've had a fair bit of upheaval and I think that this season should be about rebuilding/developing the squad and starting to bring through younger players like Gregus so that we have a solid platform for a run at the title next year. I also think we have enough in the midfield with the return of Holden and Vela and Mavies on the way back, so there's no point in rushing another youngster into the team in that area. I know it's yet another "one for the future" signing, but it's good to get promising young internationals in before their price rockets.

50Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Only if you are desperate to sign players that will make an immediate impact this season and I'm not convinced that we should or could get promoted this year. We've had a fair bit of upheaval and I think that this season should be about rebuilding/developing the squad and starting to bring through younger players like Gregus so that we have a solid platform for a run at the title next year. I also think we have enough in the midfield with the return of Holden and Vela and Mavies on the way back, so there's no point in rushing another youngster into the team in that area. I know it's yet another "one for the future" signing, but it's good to get promising young internationals in before their price rockets.

History suggests he'll be shite and a complete waste of money. If we're going to buy potential we should be buying British.

51Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

History suggests he'll be shite and a complete waste of money. If we're going to buy potential we should be buying British.

You are a little ray of sunshine.

52Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Just tired of the club making the same mistakes. When was the last time we bought a teenage foreign player and he progressed to be a regular in our first team?

In truth I'd rather the club invested in the here and now, if we're in League 2 in five years no young player is going to hang around anyway.

53Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:16

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Just tired of the club making the same mistakes. When was the last time we bought a teenage foreign player and he progressed to be a regular in our first team?

In truth I'd rather the club invested in the here and now, if we're in League 2 in five years no young player is going to hang around anyway.
We haven't brought anyone through the ranks for ages, English or foreign.

54Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:We haven't brought anyone through the ranks for ages, English or foreign.

Exactly. So why does the club want to throw even more money at it?

55Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:20

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:We haven't brought anyone through the ranks for ages, English or foreign.

Exactly. So why does the club want to throw even more money at it?
because the club is turning a corner, if you look at our youth squad now, there seems to be a good set of players, they seem to be winning most their games and are looking very promising. We have some good youth coaches in Jimmy and Co and they seem to be working their magic.

56Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair to the club the youth set up is already bringing players through, Vela and Riley, and they have emerged from our crap U21s, before massive changes were made to the youth set up.

So this U18s team might have some really good potential since they are actually doing well in their leagues/competitions.

I saw they beat Reading U18s last night, Reading U18s have only been beaten twice I think, both by us.

57Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote: because the club is turning a corner, if you look at our youth squad now, there seems to be a good set of players, they seem to be winning most their games and are looking very promising. We have some good youth coaches in Jimmy and Co and they seem to be working their magic.

Just because the club is "turning a corner" doesn't mean they're suddenly going to be able to turn foreign youngsters into professional footballers.

The youth team that is doing well is made up of predominantly British players - and there's a reason for that - they are more accustomed to the pace and strength of the British game. Most foreign players are lightweight.

58Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alonso is starting to look the part albeit 2 and a half years in the making. Bogdan is there too and Iliev should appear on the scene within the next 18 months. But I agree that we have had young foreign players on our books that don't seem to be able to earn the right to play and consequently take ages to come through (Vaz Te being a prime example) I think it's more to do with the club's approach to player development.

59Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:42

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
The youth team that is doing well is made up of predominantly British players - and there's a reason for that - they are more accustomed to the pace and strength of the British game. Most foreign players are lightweight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

?

60Grugas signed - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Grugas signed - NIXON Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:dontgetit:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum