Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are Christians Mocked?

+6
Lofty_Love
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that British Airways discriminated against an employees Christian beliefs by stopping her from wearing a necklace with a cross. Quite right to.

What is the world coming to when a Christian can't display his or her colours. Christianity is the greatest religion on the planet, and the major religion in the UK, so why are so many people offended by open acts of religion?

I am a Christian, one of the best, yet I often suffer abuse on here from the likes of Hipster and Reebok Trotter who are both headed straight to Hell. Similarly, if I want to say a little prayer in the Trafford Centre or read out loud from the bible in the cinema people get annoyed and slag off the Christian religion.

Religion is here to stay, it's about time some of you embraced it rather than abused it.

2Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:56

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

All religions get mocked these days. When someone proves heaven exists things will change.

3Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I see your point Nat, however I believe the woman who worked for BA is simply trying to make a point - not for religious reasons, but for the inevitable compensation claim for the terrible amount of distress this has caused her.

It clearly states that the woman wore a cross under her BA uniform for many months before one day deciding to wear it on the outside - for some reason.

Naturally, her bosses asked her to remove it (or put it back under her blouse) and she refused, leading to disciplinary action against her for breaking a company wide rule forbidding ANY member of staff from wearing jewelery on health and safety grounds.

When the employment tribunal told her to grow up and fuck off - she went to the world famous ECOHR, a place where you simply cant lose a case.

shes very clever and has possibly made herself very rich, which I would assume, being the strongly devout christian she is, she will give it all to the church as a thank you to god...

4Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What is the world coming to when a Christian can't display his or her colours. Christianity is the greatest religion on the planet, and the major religion in the UK, so why are so many people offended by open acts of religion?

I think you will find that the UK is actually now a "Multicultural, secular religious society" but that's another heap of bullshit I don't like...

5Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I see your point Nat, however I believe the woman who worked for BA is simply trying to make a point - not for religious reasons, but for the inevitable compensation claim for the terrible amount of distress this has caused her.

It clearly states that the woman wore a cross under her BA uniform for many months before one day deciding to wear it on the outside - for some reason.

Naturally, her bosses asked her to remove it (or put it back under her blouse) and she refused, leading to disciplinary action against her for breaking a company wide rule forbidding ANY member of staff from wearing jewelery on health and safety grounds.

When the employment tribunal told her to grow up and fuck off - she went to the world famous ECOHR, a place where you simply cant lose a case.

shes very clever and has possibly made herself very rich, which I would assume, being the strongly devout christian she is, she will give it all to the church as a thank you to god...

I have no idea for her personal reasons for doing this. But the fact remains who really cares if someone wears a small gold cross outside their uniform?

6Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I have no idea for her personal reasons for doing this. But the fact remains who really cares if someone wears a small gold cross outside their uniform?

Health and safety care - as you will know running a huge company yourself...

I don't exactly agree with the extensive amount of H&S bullshit employers have to put up with, it now looks like they cant win either way - let them wear a necklace that gets caught in a machine and rips both their arms off - they get sued. stop them from wearing it and you get fucked for discrimination.

Its not discrimination Nat, they would have stopped her wearing it if it was any other pendant.

7Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Considering ALL religions are about preaching tolerance to our fellow man I really don't see the problem.

8Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:32

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think you will find that the UK is actually now a "Multicultural, secular religious society" but that's another heap of bullshit I don't like...

What's not to like about it?

9Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

What's not to like about it?

Il Keep my opinion to myself, im sure you have the same one deep down but wont express it for fear of being branded 'racist'

10Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:38

I enjoy a multi cultural society, and have no such feelings 'deep down'. A range of cultures is interesting, different cuisines for instance - go to London and you can eat any type of food in the world and its all genuine I love it.

I'm genuinely asking what you don't like about it?

11Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:I enjoy a multi cultural society, and have no such feelings 'deep down'. A range of cultures is interesting, different cuisines for instance - go to London and you can eat any type of food in the world and its all genuine I love it.

I take you have not ventured down the bottom of Halliwell Rd, Deane Rd and Derby St of late? Those areas are becoming ghettos of thieving, unemployed bums who think they are 2Pac from Asia and former eastern-bloc countries, it stinks to high heaven.

All the pubs are now either mosques or Asian grocery stores and the only time ive ever been down there when I wasn't in a car it was horrible - loads of cocky Asian youths bouncing round with scarves round there faces shouting 'English pigs' and 'white bastards' while giving it the 'brap brap brap' bullshit hand signals...

A CATHOLIC CHURCH and the adjoining NUNNERY have been turned in to mosques and a Islamic school respectively.

Our Culture and economy, a culture our forefathers fought and died for is being sold under the veil of 'multiculturalism'

I have no real issues with people of any nationality living here, however - I HATE it when they try (and are allowed) to foist their world upon us, destroy entire communities and refuse to integrate with the western world. this country is soft - other countries have it sussed, but we pander to the needs of minorities more than the needs of our own people.

if that's multiculturalism, il never embrace it...

sorry, hang me for being a racist bigot.

12Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think one of the main problems with multi-culturalism is that it appears to be one sided. Here in the UK we have espoused the virtues of a multi-cultural society on the basis that it enhances and enriches the lives of all who embrace it, regardless of colour or religion.

The same bonhomie and ' hail fellow well met ' does not apply in many middle eastern countries. Christianity, and most things Western, are frowned upon. Many christians have to practice their faith in secret.

If the Archbishop of Canterbury put in a request to build an Anglican church in Saudi Arabia they would probably tell him to fcuk off, or words to that effect.

In countries where women are stoned for adultery and in some cases beheaded, I find certain cultures and their way of life quite reprehensible.

13Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:39

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Exactly Trotter, we pander to everything they want.

If they hate the English and our 'backward' ways so much - then fuck off back home.

harsh but true.

14Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

SICKENING! since when has 'Islamic law' stood in the UK?

Id take a piss sitting down just to make a point...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1061051/Londons-Olympic-Park-toilets-turn-away-Mecca-respect-Islamic-law.html

15Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:I enjoy a multi cultural society, and have no such feelings 'deep down'. A range of cultures is interesting, different cuisines for instance - go to London and you can eat any type of food in the world and its all genuine I love it.

And part of that culture is honour killing if one of their daughters steps out of line, marries someone she might just love, because her family object.
Apparently this is becoming more common in the UK.
That's not something its easy to like.

16Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:

And part of that culture is honour killing if one of their daughters steps out of line, marries someone she might just love, because her family object.

Racist.

17Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with this kind of pandering is that there is never an end to it. Give an inch and they want a yard. I notice they have designated a prayer room in the WSL but in the interests of fair play they have called it the Quiet Room. I am not sure how that works at a football match?

They used to open it up at half time to allow Muslim followers to pray to Mecca. Nobody had a problem with it until some scally lobbed a stinkbomb inside it during a half time prayer session.. Since then, they have had a security man on the door during the half time meetings.

18Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

The Shafilia Ahmed case was a particularly tragic one. They call them honour killings but there really is no honour in killing your own children. How can any religion be stronger than the love for your children?

19Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="Reebok_Rebel"][quote="rammywhite"]

Racist. [/quote)

Racist: One who believes that each race or ethnic group posseses specific characteristics ,abilities or qualities that distinguish it as inferior or superior to another such group.(Oxford English Dictionary)
If I don't object to killing your own children ,then I suppose that I must be racist then

20Why Are Christians Mocked? Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is about christianity, typical of you bigots to turn it into a muslim-bashing thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum