Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are Christians Mocked?

+6
Lofty_Love
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:This thread is about christianity, typical of you bigots to turn it into a muslim-bashing thread.

you could have added a christian angle to this 'Muslim bashing thread' by mentioning the crusades...

just a thought.

:hijack:

22Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:39

rammywhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I enjoy a multi cultural society, and have no such feelings 'deep down'. A range of cultures is interesting, different cuisines for instance - go to London and you can eat any type of food in the world and its all genuine I love it.

I'm genuinely asking what you don't like about it?

And part of that culture is honour killing if one of their daughters steps out of line, marries someone she might just love, because her family object.
Apparently this is becoming more common in the UK.
That's not something its easy to like.

Except it's not part of the culture, it's a minorities extremist views. You don't have to agree with extremist views to see that multi culturalism is a good thing.

23Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:40

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think one of the main problems with multi-culturalism is that it appears to be one sided. Here in the UK we have espoused the virtues of a multi-cultural society on the basis that it enhances and enriches the lives of all who embrace it, regardless of colour or religion.

The same bonhomie and ' hail fellow well met ' does not apply in many middle eastern countries. Christianity, and most things Western, are frowned upon. Many christians have to practice their faith in secret.

If the Archbishop of Canterbury put in a request to build an Anglican church in Saudi Arabia they would probably tell him to fcuk off, or words to that effect.

In countries where women are stoned for adultery and in some cases beheaded, I find certain cultures and their way of life quite reprehensible.

You are right RT, but I'd like to think we are way ahead of countries like Saudi Arabia in terms of the way we treat women and other cultures, I think it's something we should be proud of.

24Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You are right RT, but I'd like to think we are way ahead of countries like Saudi Arabia in terms of the way we treat women and other cultures, I think it's something we should be proud of.

And yet you won't let me play for BWFC.

25Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 12:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I enjoy a multi cultural society, and have no such feelings 'deep down'. A range of cultures is interesting, different cuisines for instance - go to London and you can eat any type of food in the world and its all genuine I love it.

I'm genuinely asking what you don't like about it?

I take you have not ventured down the bottom of Halliwell Rd, Deane Rd and Derby St of late? Those areas are becoming ghettos of thieving, unemployed bums who think they are 2Pac from Asia and former eastern-bloc countries, it stinks to high heaven.

All the pubs are now either mosques or Asian grocery stores and the only time ive ever been down there when I wasn't in a car it was horrible - loads of cocky Asian youths bouncing round with scarves round there faces shouting 'English pigs' and 'white bastards' while giving it the 'brap brap brap' bullshit hand signals...

A CATHOLIC CHURCH and the adjoining NUNNERY have been turned in to mosques and a Islamic school respectively.

Our Culture and economy, a culture our forefathers fought and died for is being sold under the veil of 'multiculturalism'

I have no real issues with people of any nationality living here, however - I HATE it when they try (and are allowed) to foist their world upon us, destroy entire communities and refuse to integrate with the western world. this country is soft - other countries have it sussed, but we pander to the needs of minorities more than the needs of our own people.

if that's multiculturalism, il never embrace it...

sorry, hang me for being a racist bigot.

This is true.

But this is an example of a failure of multiculturalism, not a product of it, there are many other areas of Bolton in which all types of cultures merge and they are perfectly nice areas.

The shitholes we find on Blackburn Road and the like are a product of poor town management, by our more than useless council. As well as a government failure to keep a cap on immigration - which is the fault of every government in place since the second world war when we used cheap immigrants to rebuild the country.

Allowing hundreds of thousands of people into the country who are fleeing from their own crap counties with: no education, no skills and strict religious beliefs is always going to result in ghettos, no matter what their skin colour is.

So I agree with Rebel on the front that we have these problems and people can't say anything in fear of being racist. But it is also the case that any poor, unskilled and uneducated mass of people will form ghettos in new countries not just Muslims, there are plenty of places abroad that holidaying Brits have totally ruined because they go there, get pissed, expect a full english with tomato ketchup, expect everyone to speak English and have no regard at all for local culture,

26Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Religion is for losers.

Drugs are more fun and cause less deaths.

27Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I totally agree that our kindness and humanity is something that we should be proud of but unfortunately our openness comes at a price. In handing out a welcome to all and sundry, including those that despise and hate us, we run the risk of alienating and disenfranchising our own people. We should by all means practice tolerance and fairness to all ethnic minority groups but NOT to the detriment of our own overwhelming majority.

England is a free country and anyone is free to exercise their right to freedom by pissing off elsewhere if they don't like it.

28Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was at a christening in Rochdale last month. One of the main topics the conductor addressed was modern day society's rejection of God. His theory was that fear and ungratefulness were behind this. This followed his explanation that God was behind all things good, where the devil was behind all things bad.

My name is Daniel - when I'm doing charity work, that is. It's Darren when I'm out robbing, fighting and cheating on my girlfriend.

So Christians are mocked because they often mock those that don't adhere to the endlessly flawed teachings of a book they can't prove to be less fictional than Harry Potter.

29Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

So Christians are mocked because they often mock those that don't adhere to the endlessly flawed teachings of a book they can't prove to be less fictional than Harry Potter.

It's called faith. Why someone who follows a shite football club through thick and thin can't understand that seems very strange to me.

30Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:10

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It's called faith. Why someone who follows a shite football club through thick and thin can't understand that seems very strange to me.

But for a non Christian then the faith seems misguided and therefore sometimes humorous.

Just in the same way you would no doubt laugh if someone said they still had faith Zat Knight would become Englands top centre back.

31Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

watch this space... Laughing

32Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

But for a non Christian then the faith seems misguided and therefore sometimes humorous.

Just in the same way you would no doubt laugh if someone said they still had faith Zat Knight would become Englands top centre back.

This is a good example of how to explain something in layman's terms.

33Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bible is true. If you do your research you will find that countless people died over it - people tend not to go to battle for something that doesn't exist.

When I'm in heaven watching McGinlay, Lofthouse & Gudni I'll think of you bellends in Hell being forced to watch Nicky Hunt, Ngog & Elmander 25 hours a day.

34Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:54

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:The bible is true. If you do your research you will find that countless people died over it - people tend not to go to battle for something that doesn't exist.

Weapons of mass destruction?

35Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

I'm sick of you trying to be clever.

36Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

I'm sick of you trying to be clever.

Il be honest, it was a fucking good reply though...

37Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:01

Reebok Rebel you fucking racist. I'm gonna have a word with Fat Abdul and ask him to sort you out.

38Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:Reebok Rebel you fucking racist. I'm gonna have a word with Fat Abdul and ask him to sort you out.

Im going to report you to the police for trying to incite racial hatred.

I trust the mods will step in.

39Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat your religion threads always fall down because you end up being silly.

I've said before i was religious for quite a long time, up until my teenage years. But the more i heard from my religious friends/families the more i started to question it and obviously i came to the natural conclusion. I was only "religious" because i hadn't taken the time to question/research anything.

I think it's mocked more nowadays because information is readily available online and people are seeing earlier in their lives just how ridiculous some of the claims of religions are, they're also able to see what an utter mess religion has made in countless countries around the world.

It's just common sense at the end of the day.

That said there are plenty of people who use religion as a positive force, and it adds value to their life, good for them and i hope that continues.

40Why Are Christians Mocked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are Christians Mocked? Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:When the employment tribunal told her to grow up and fuck off - she went to the world famous ECOHR, a place where you simply cant lose a case.

Actually 3 other Christians lost their case, on the same day, at the ECHR!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum