Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever been in a plane crash?

+7
rammywhite
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
Sgt. Bash
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Have you ever been in a plane crash? Empty Have you ever been in a plane crash? Sat Jan 19 2013, 23:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Last night I had a really vivid dream that I was in a plane that was falling apart and was going to crash soon. It was pretty scary stuff. It was so real that it has partially put me off flying simply because of the moment where you realise "I am actually going to die in a minute". You are fit and healthy, with air to breathe, you are not injured or fighting for your life. You have a few minutes or moments where you are as healthy as can be but you know that your end is imminent.

It's a feeling akin to being executed, I imagine. You know it's coming and you can't stop it. It's not like a car crash, in a car you don't know you are going to crash, and eve if you do you have a good idea that you will probably live. In a plane crash you have time to consider your demise and you can do precious little about it.

Anyone on here had any dreams that have affected you. Or had any really scary dreams? Or been in a plane crash? Or are you afraid to fly?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For years, and I mean years, I had a dream that I was watching a plane crash.

I wasn't in the plane, I was on the ground watching it crash. They were really vivid dreams and I often woke up thinking they were real for a few seconds.

My shrink put it down to my parents removing my dummy too early in life.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was once on a plane that circled the airport for about an hour burning fuel off because they had problems with the landing gear and were going to do an emergency landing. Quite a few people were freaking out and crying. It ended up being a normal landing after all that.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've had dreams about viewing plane crashes as well. Never had one about being in a crashing plane though. It's scary thought.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I flew into Funchal at the beginning of November, if it had been the first time I'd flown it would have been the last! The airport is notorious for being difficult to land due to it's location and runway out onto the sea. The pilot tried to land on numerous occasions in a period of about an hour on that day but the weather prevented a clean approach to all aircraft on that afternoon. We were lucky, some finished up flying to Tenneriffe and losing part of their hols. After numerous attempts he finally landed it but their was some nervous passengers on that plane!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seeing as most people involved in a plane crash are dead it's unlikely you'll get many replies. I have had a couple of narrow escapes though and one of them defies all logic. Flying out of Singapore to the Middle East we'd been in the air for 10 minutes when we hit a lightning storm that threw the plane all over the shop for the next half hour including dropping like a stone for a couple of hundred feet - the worst "butterflies" I've ever had and several people were clearly having bowel problems as a result. Pilot announced that we had to go through the storm as it was so huge. About 25 minutes into the storm we suffered some minor wing damage. By this time the drinks waiter was being run off his feet as we all attempted to find oblivion in a bottle.

Finally we came out of the other side in one piece but the pilot was concerned about the wing damage. After a brief conversation with ground control he announced that due to wing damage he has been instructed to return to Singapore - and promptly turned the plane round and flew back through the lightning storm to get us back.

We arrived safely but couldn't get a flight out until the next day as the entire plane was paralytic drunk and 3 passengers were arrested for assaulting the air crew.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Aboout 20 years ago flying back from Malaysia in a 757 one of the engines caught fire- a bit scary ,but as there are fire extinguishers in the engine the fire was quickly put out. However there was rather a rich aroma in the plane. We landed quickly in Bahrain- where we were stranded for 3 days in a 5* hotel with everything laid on. Also got a few hundred quid in compensation.
The fire was an experience that I don't want to repeat- but the free hotel was welcome.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:For years, and I mean years, I had a dream that I was watching a plane crash.

I wasn't in the plane, I was on the ground watching it crash. They were really vivid dreams and I often woke up thinking they were real for a few seconds.

My shrink put it down to my parents removing my dummy too early in life.

I've had very similar dreams to that, very vivid dreams on looking up from the ground watching the plane or in some dreams 2 or 3 planes just suddenly stop and crumble in mid air, very strange.

Had a couple where I am in a car driving past an airport watching them just crash into the ground or the building itself.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This as to be the shitest topic ever on here.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Great comments, I wonder if the original poster has ever been outside his bedroom? It's another wind up, childish but fun!!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Why is it a wind up you spack?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You cant say that to one of your fellow wanderers, Have you ever been in a plane crash? 3671336489now go to your room.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I once landed at Leeds/Bradford airport in a fcking nightmare wind in one of these.

Have you ever been in a plane crash? BA_Jetstream_31_lrg

the plane came in almost facing the terminal. I was scared suffice to say.

but no never been in a crash.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thanks for your scary flight stories. Didn't realise there were so many close calls.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mr Magoo wrote:You cant say that to one of your fellow wanderers, Have you ever been in a plane crash? 3671336489now go to your room.

I know it's pretty bad isn't it, but apparently I was already in my room.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I also once landed a shuttle on the moon if that counts. Have you ever been in a plane crash? 1415013262

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Why is it a wind up you spack?

ffs what's a spack?

It's a wind up because the likelihood of surviving a plane crash is low! Have you ever survived one?

I'd love to have survived one but can only relate an experience that shat me up earlier posted.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spack ? Spacker ? Knacker ? Cream Cracker ? Hair Lacquer ?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure everyone knows that spack is an abbreviation for a not very PC term for a person with high muscle tone.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:I also once landed a shuttle on the moon if that counts. Have you ever been in a plane crash? 1415013262

No it does NOT!! Nat asked about plane crashes and a space shuttle is not a plane and it didn't crash!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum