Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Employees Be Tested For Drugs?

+4
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Are they bollox cos Whittam international Plc is a figment of imagination lol!

agreed, i don't understand what made up stuff adds to the convo.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

agreed, i don't understand what made up stuff adds to the convo.

Yeah, because I'm going to give you the real name of my company so you can look me up and knife me in the car park after work on Monday.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

..... good point.

If it is a real company i want to work there.

the dogging ring, flagrant wanking and sex in the toilets.

any vacancies nat?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we could work together with all that sexual tension between us.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm repulsed.

Is there any way the mods could step in?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Insensitive.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

If that was the case then there would be some sort of presence on the net - but there isn't -

Even the most successful agencies have a presence on the web whether its just to announce their annual or half annual results or to showcase their successes with contact information, even for the more discerning customer.

We are strictly a word of mouth company, like an underground gentleman's club. No one knows we are there until they are invited in.

We're an Advertising company that doesn't advertise. Genius or what?

Not genius at all, as it would never work. Advertising agencies are part opf a cut-throat business and the more business one can get the more they will succeed and flourish and take the market share, rather than die and be taken over by a bigger firm. Therefore advertising agencies have to advertise their business to win contracts. Its like any other "cut-throat" business.

Also a successful business win the market awards and through that the company gets advertised - whether the company agrees to receive or not!!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

71, I'v notices over the years, the rich, especially the filthy rich, tend not to use the services, agencies, banks , etc that the rest of us do. Nat is right in that there is an 'in the know' sub-culture present. If Nats business operates in this way, then we wouldn't necessarily know or hear of the company. Rather thatn advertise in the way we think of it, it would be more in the way of bespoke commissions, probably within a selected set, or type, of clientele. (Alternatively, it could all be bollocks) Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many people have heard of Coutts Bank? I reckon less than 1% of the people of Bolton bank with the Queens Bank.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:How many people have heard of Coutts Bank? I reckon less than 1% of the people of Bolton bank with the Queens Bank.

I know Coutts Bank quite well, as I did quite a bit of work with them when I used to work for the RBS, as it is part of the Private Banking division of the RBS group along with Adams & Co, Drummonds and Child and co.

But my point is still valid they they all have their presence on the internet, and as such its not word by mouth.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bellend Mr Amos, stop pretending you know everything. My company works off word-of-mouth introductions and is doing very well thank you. Just this morning I received a note under my front door from a company wanting my services.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: Just this morning I received a note under my front door from a company wanting my services.

Was it Quent Services by any chance?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I had an idea about this.
You know how they reckon drug/alcohol testing is expensive to do so they do it randomly in order to put people off? Well what about this idea?

For example, instead of random urine testing of a pilot why not do this.
Every day before a flight the pilot goes into the special pilot urine test cubicle.
He has to have a wee. But what ever he urinates (or a small sample of it) is collected over 3 months in a bottle. Then at the end of 3 months the whole lot gets tested in one go, with one test. So, it's as if he has been tested every day for the last 3 months but with only one test...!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bellend Mr Amos, stop pretending you know everything. My company works off word-of-mouth introductions and is doing very well thank you. Just this morning I received a note under my front door from a company wanting my services.

Are you sure that the note isn't about your other job as a high-class hooker?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bellend Mr Amos, stop pretending you know everything. My company works off word-of-mouth introductions and is doing very well thank you. Just this morning I received a note under my front door from a company wanting my services.

Even with word of mouth people want to see how good you are, they want "live" examnples of the wrok to see whether you are the right company for them.

Would you employ a builder just by word of mouth without seeing examples of the builders work?

Would you employ a butler, just by word of mouth, without seeing in action as to how good he actually is?

Would you employ a nanny without checking out references to see whether they are as good as they claim?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Even with word of mouth people want to see how good you are, they want "live" examples of the work to see whether you are the right company for them.

You idiot. What do you think word-of-mouth is? A company visits another company and sees a fantastic ad campaign. They ask which ad agency did the work. They are given my name.

Try and keep up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So you would go on the trust of one person?

I honestly believe that is more idiotic. I would never part with money or sign any contracts unless I fully knew what I was getting into and if that means testimonials, independent reviews, seeing by my own eyesight and fully investigating the property. No matter how long a company has been established.

Otherwise on could end up in the cowboy trap.

It is quite easy to set up a company, get favourable reviews out in the market place and even set up a very professional website with various certificates which just could be a cover to swindle money.

RBS did something very similar - they believed in the sales papers, hearsay and word of mouth with regards to ABN-AMRO and as such did not do any checks, mainly because they wanted to get one-up on Barclays who were also sniffing around ABN. Eventually Barclays pulled out of the struggle and just left RBS. It was only after the contracts were signed that they realised they had bought a failing bank with massive debts and massive problems within the sub-prime markerts thus causing the near collapse of RBS!!!

The moral of the story is that no matter what the company is or how good the company is supposed to be do the checks before even contemplating signing a contract in with the comapny.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Mon Feb 04 2013, 12:27; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

It is quite easy to set up a company, get favourable reviews out in the market place and even set up a very professional website with various certificates which just could be a cover to swindle money.

You are being quite offensive now. I may cry.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You are being quite offensive now. I may cry.

Not being offensive just being pragmatic.

You never know who you are dealing with, even if you know them personally! I would suggest you watch Cowboy Trap, Cowboy Builders and Cowboy Traders to see the difficulties that can happen without checks! Or even follow the guidelines given by the Trading Standards Institute.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

71, just one point. You say you wouldn't commit cash unless you saw the work your self. Does that include building, car mechanics, and other skilled tasks ? Or something as simple as jumping on a bus, when you don't even know if the driver is good or not. Sometimes you have to take opinions, (or word of mouth/recemmendations, as that person has done the testing for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum