Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worthy of a mention.

+19
Tigermin
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Barryjw
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
JohannesburgWanderer
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
xmiles
Copper Dragon
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

bwfc1874 wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Hidetoshi Nakata

He was rubbish and not interested in football by the time he signed for us.

One of my favourite players when I was younger, so I didn't give a shit.
The last I saw of that bloke was on premier league world about 4 years ago, he became a lawer after leaving us apparantly.

22Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was a massive superstar in Japan. I thought he'd got into fashion or something for some reason.

23Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My main memory of him was when he hit the bar against spurs at WHL and we played some great football that day.

but lost 1-0

24Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The only good memory I have of Nakata was the free kick he scored at the reebok - can't for the life of me think who it was against though.

25Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The only good memory I have of Nakata was the free kick he scored at the reebok - can't for the life of me think who it was against though.

West brom!

26Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Didn't he get sent off for a really classy ( i.e. nasty dirty) tackle on someone?

27Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 14:36

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Super Bobby Taylor. He played over 75 games for us at the end of the 90's/early 00's, as well as coming back to play in Jussi's testimonial. Never see him mentioned anymore, yet he was so popular when he was at the club.

SUPER, Super Bob! SUPER, Super Bob! SUPER, Super Bob! SUPER BOBBY TAYLOR!

28Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 14:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember Bob well. Decent player, no doubt about it.

29Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Paul Ritchie and Allan Johnston.

30Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 15:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Donovan Ricketts. Made Chicharito, Dos Santos, Guardado etc look ordinary in the Azteca last night in a 0-0 draw in a World Cup Qualifying match.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 15:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But did fuck all for Bolton so doesn't deserve a mention really.

Bob Taylor is a good call though. Quality player.

32Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:09

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Spotted Nakata on Eurosport playing in a charity match in Brazil about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Also playing was Jardel, Hierro and a 4th ex wanderer but I can't remember who it was.

33Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Spotted Nakata on Eurosport playing in a charity match in Brazil about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Also playing was Jardel, Hierro and a 4th ex wanderer but I can't remember who it was.

Warren Joyce?

34Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:26

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Neil Whatmore.

Could always be relied on for 15-20 every season. Always seemed to get a lot of stick at the time, could never understand why!!

35Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 19:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember Steve Taylor ? He preceded Neil Whatmore and was also a half decent striker.

36Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Anyone remember Steve Taylor ? He preceded Neil Whatmore and was also a half decent striker.

I do.

He played at Wembley for us.

37Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iirc we sold him to Oldham but he certainly played for quite a few clubs in his career. He missed out on promotion with us in the mid seventies and was sold to make way for Whatmore and Worthy.

I think we sold him too soon because he had goals written all over him. A decent poacher but a grafter as well.

38Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NickFazer wrote:Neil Whatmore.

Could always be relied on for 15-20 every season. Always seemed to get a lot of stick at the time, could never understand why!!

One a week, had few equals at the time!

39Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Peter Thompson was always one for me that never got the plaudits he deserved at Wanderers. Came at the end of his career but I remember us struggling as a newly promoted team in the second division, his arrival started a turn round in performance, fortune and ultimately three promotion challenging seasons and a short return to the top flight. Top man.

40Worthy of a mention. - Page 2 Empty Re: Worthy of a mention. Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Iirc we sold him to Oldham but he certainly played for quite a few clubs in his career. He missed out on promotion with us in the mid seventies and was sold to make way for Whatmore and Worthy.

I think we sold him too soon because he had goals written all over him. A decent poacher but a grafter as well.

He wasn't bad at all for a lower level league forward.

He won promotion with us when we were champions of Division 3 in the early eighties. He was actually in the side at that time with Brian Laws, Micky Phelan and Trevor Steven

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum