Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Pope - Worth a punt?

+12
xmiles
Sluffy
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Leeds_Trotter
Tigermin
Keegan
Spirit of 58
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty The Pope - Worth a punt? Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month.

He says he is too old to continue at the age in 85.

it is the first resignations from the papacy in the modern era which has been marked by pontiffs dying while in office.

He became Pope in 2005 following John Paul II's death.

At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

A Vatican spokesman indicated that even the Pope's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10219977.Pope_Benedict_XVI_is_to_resign/

2The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Title in very poor taste. I trust the mods will step in.

3The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:32

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think i will send my CV to this one, i am a Catholic and i think i could make some good changes.

4The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:57

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

The Italians view the papal throne as their birthright, and having lent it to a Pole and now a German for 35 years, many say it’s time for an Italian Restoration. The favorite among the Italians would be Cardinal Angelo Scola, 70,

It would be brilliant if this guy gets it as he could be called: 'Pope's A Scola !' Laughing

5The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ohhhhh..... he said punt! Embarassed

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:33

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keegan wrote:Ohhhhh..... he said punt! Embarassed

FFS who gives a fuck who a load of kiddy fiddlers vote in to become chief kiddy fiddler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:49

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe Owen Coyle will apply for the post.

8The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:54

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Maybe Owen Coyle will apply for the post.

He's too young. You have to be in your late 70's !

9The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Spirit of 58 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Maybe Owen Coyle will apply for the post.

He's too young. You have to be in your late 70's !

He's the best catholic he has ever been don't you know.

10The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:42

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Just a thought. The current banner would be better if the Pope was pictured wearing a Wanderers scarf !

11The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But at least he is acknowledging the power of Bolton Nuts! No wonder he wants to resign!

12The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Tue Feb 12 2013, 23:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spirit of 58 wrote:Just a thought. The current banner would be better if the Pope was pictured wearing a Wanderers scarf !

True - that would have been good, anyway I'm sure a new banner will appear in the very near future

13The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Feb 13 2013, 00:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Spirit of 58 wrote:Just a thought. The current banner would be better if the Pope was pictured wearing a Wanderers scarf !

True - that would have been good, anyway I'm sure a new banner will appear in the very near future

Who the hell is that!?

14The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Feb 13 2013, 00:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's a Bolton forum leg end!

15The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio has greeted crowds in Rome's St Peter's Square after his election as the Catholic Church's new Pope.

Appearing on a balcony over the square, he asked the faithful to pray for him. Cheers erupted as he gave a blessing.

The first Latin American and the first Jesuit to be pontiff, he will call himself Francis I.

An hour earlier, white smoke from the Sistine Chapel chimney announced the new Pope's election.

Pope Francis, 76, replaces Benedict XVI, who resigned last month at the age of 85, saying he was not strong enough to lead the Church.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21777494

16The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Always good to see a youngster given a chance.

But seriously who gives a fuck?

17The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 1.2 billion roman Catholics in the world...

18The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 22:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The 1.2 billion roman Catholics in the world...

More fool them. Very Happy

19The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 22:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should sign the new pope - he's Argentinian so he's bound to be half decent plus it will boost the gate, loads of foreign players will queue up to play for us and global shirt sales will be phenomenal. Definitely worth a punt.

20The Pope - Worth a punt? Empty Re: The Pope - Worth a punt? Wed Mar 13 2013, 22:23

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pope Frank !!! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum