Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Run In Fixtures

+17
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
MartinBWFC
Jamster26
wanderlust
observer
summercummings
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
NickFazer
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The Run In Fixtures Empty The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 17:54

It's interesting to look at the remaining fixtures of the clubs above us. We have arguably the easiest run in...Forest & Leicester have it particularly tough if you ask me.

Leicester City

Cardiff (a)
Derby (a)
Millwall (h)
Barnsley (a)
Brighton (a)
Birmingham (h)
Bolton (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Watford (h)
Notts Forest (a)

Notts Forest

Hull (a)
Brighton (h)
Burnley (a)
Blackpool (h)
Cardiff (a)
Middlesbrough (a)
Barnsley (h)
Millwall (a)
Leicester (h)

Brighton

Barnsley (a)
Crystal Palace (h)
Notts Forest (a)
Charlton (h)
Leicester (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Peterborough (a)
Blackpool (h)
Leeds Utd (a)
Wolves (h)

Bolton Wanderers

Ipswich (a)
Charlton (a)
Huddersfield (h)
Wolves (h)
Bristol City (a)
Leicester (a)
Middlesbrough (h)
Cardiff (a)
Blackpool (h)

2The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18points, I have gone for.

Will that be enough.

3The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:18points, I have gone for.

Will that be enough.

Probably not.

4The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we can get 4 points from the next two away games I think we can do this.

Leicester seem a bit hit and miss, Forest are definitely our biggest rivals.

5The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:33

You will lose the next two and will be lucky to finish mid-table. Rovers will finish above you.

6The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't bring myself to look at our or any other teams run ins just yet, just take it one game at a time and hope for the best.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league so it is certainly possible we can do this.

7The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ipswich, Leicester and Cardiff are the toughies there.

Charlton are terrible at home and their pitch is one of the worst in the league. It's definitely a game for Kevin Davies to start, as you may have to give it a bit of hoofball on that pitch.

8The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Mar 09 2013, 20:41

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Our away fixtures are tricky, get 4 points from the next two and win our home games against Huddersfield and the Woolufs and we may find ourselves in a play off place going into the Bristol game. Leicester are a little out of sorts just now and may do a Boro, we just have too keep winning and see where it takes us. Right now I'm just enjoying our good run.

9The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:01

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Current form says we can take 20 points but it's going to be a big ask.

10The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Tue Mar 26 2013, 13:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's look at the month of April.

Tuesday 2nd April home to Huddersfield. Mark Robbins seems to have given the players a lift and relegation no longer looks a possibility. I see this as a repeat of our game at their place so it's a 2-2 draw for me. (1 point.)

Sat 6th April home to Wolves. This one has to be there for the taking. Dean Saunders has been unable to motivate them and I see this as our best win of the season. 5-0 ( 3 points )

Sat 13th April away to Bristol City. They are struggling to avoid relegation and we are struggling for promotion. I can see us narrowly losing this one by 3 goals to 2. ( 0 points )

Tuesday 16th April away to Leicester. We can win this one but it will be tight. A narrow 1-0 away win to us (3 points.)

Saturday 20th April home to Boro. We owe them one for our lacklustre performance at the Riverside. Boro are in freefall and I fancy us for a narrow 1-0 home win ( 3 points )

Saturday 27th April away to Cardiff. By now, Cardiff should be assured of promotion and should be resting on their laurels. But, it's their last home game before their fans so I expect them to raise their game and come out 2-0 winners. ( 0 points)

There you have it. 10 points out of a possible 18. I don't think it will be enough for a play-off place but you never know!

11The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Tue Apr 02 2013, 22:02

The next three fixtures for each of the play-off hunting clubs are quite interesting - if we can win our next two games the away match at Leicester could be vital.

Leicester City

Brighton (a)
Birmingham (h)
Bolton (h)

Notts Forest

Blackpool (h)
Cardiff (a)
Middlesbrough (a)

Brighton

Leicester (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Peterborough (a)

Bolton Wanderers

Wolves (h)
Bristol City (a)
Leicester (a)

12The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Tue Apr 02 2013, 22:04

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Tonights victory has pushed us right back into the mix - how frustrating we got zilch from the last two away games!

Brighton have three tough fixtures to come, and while I expect Forest to beat Blackpool on Saturday their next two games away at Cardiff & Middlesbro are tough. We could still do it.

13The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Tue Apr 02 2013, 22:06

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

summercummings wrote:Tonights victory has pushed us right back into the mix - how frustrating we got zilch from the last two away games!

Brighton have three tough fixtures to come, and while I expect Forest to beat Blackpool on Saturday their next two games away at Cardiff & Middlesbro are tough. We could still do it.
Still have to play one game at a time. DF needs to figure out the defensive problems... Huddersfield sounded poor tonight... but we did not sound as if we played on all cylinders.

14The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Tue Apr 02 2013, 23:05

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All playing each other which helps us, can't see Leicester getting anything at Brighton, looks like they have lost it but you never know in this division.

15The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:01

The next game is vital, but with Leicester and Forest playing each other on the last day we're certainly in the driving seat.

Leicester City

Watford (h)
Notts Forest (a)

Notts Forest

Millwall (a)
Leicester (h)

Bolton Wanderers

Cardiff (a)
Blackpool (h)

16The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think we can say Brighton are out of sight with their +23 GD and 3 point lead over us, so it's four teams for 2 playoff places. Palace are catchable but their game in hand is away at Rovers which they should win and then they have Millwall and Posh so they should easily qualify. Leaving 3 teams for one slot. Despite Leicester and Forest playing each other, either team could get 6 points from the final 2 games which means to be certain we need to win at Cardiff.
Repeat: We need to win at Cardiff.

17The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Assuming Leicester and forest lose next week and we get a point we'd only need a point on the last day.

18The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:27

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think we need to win at Cardiff. We definitely need to win against Blackpool. I think if we can get a point at Cardiff too, then that should be enough.
It's really helpful that Leicester and Forest play each other.

19The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In truth I don't see us beating any of the others over 2 legs, just scoring at will at the moment, where we are struggling for goals.

20The Run In Fixtures Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Assuming Leicester and forest lose next week and we get a point we'd only need a point on the last day.
Why on earth would you assume they're going to lose? Both teams are going for the playoffs so I would assume they'll both win.
The match on the final day will be the decider but it's a good bet that one team or the other will get 6 points more.
So we have to win at Cardiff to be sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum