Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Run In Fixtures

+17
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
MartinBWFC
Jamster26
wanderlust
observer
summercummings
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
NickFazer
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 17:41

MartinBWFC wrote:In truth I don't see us beating any of the others over 2 legs, just scoring at will at the moment, where we are struggling for goals.

Worry about that if we get there. The fact Brighton won 6-1 is great for them, but it means fuck all in the play offs.

22The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Assuming Leicester and forest lose next week and we get a point we'd only need a point on the last day.
Why on earth would you assume they're going to lose? Both teams are going for the playoffs so I would assume they'll both win.
The match on the final day will be the decider but it's a good bet that one team or the other will get 6 points more.
So we have to win at Cardiff to be sure.

Leicesters next game is automatic promotion chasing Watford, point at best for Leicester.

Forest are back to their woeful self and new managers luck has run out for them, millwall will beat them.

23The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:02

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Leicester playing Forest is not necessarily a good thing, if Forest and/or Leicester win next weekend and we don't away to Cardiff then the play offs will be out of our hands come the last game of the season.

I just hope that with Cardiff having nothing to play for that they will be giving a game to fringe players and not that arsed about the game.

24The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Assuming Leicester and forest lose next week and we get a point we'd only need a point on the last day.
Why on earth would you assume they're going to lose? Both teams are going for the playoffs so I would assume they'll both win.
The match on the final day will be the decider but it's a good bet that one team or the other will get 6 points more.
So we have to win at Cardiff to be sure.

Leicesters next game is automatic promotion chasing Watford, point at best for Leicester.

Forest are back to their woeful self and new managers luck has run out for them, millwall will beat them.
We hope they'll drop points but I'm just saying we can't bank on it, especially as they have such a huge incentive to win. The only way to be certain of a playoff place is for us to win both remaining games. Mathematically, a draw at Cardiff isn't good enough.

25The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The other thing to consider is that Leicester have a massively superior GD to us so even if they only get a draw at home to Watford and we lose at Cardiff, they can overtake us.

26The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:12

I just cannot see us winning at Cardiff. Apart from the fact our away form is woeful, Cardiff have a great home record. I don't buy this theory they'll take it easy for a minute. The ground will be full and they won't want the presentation of the trophy to be an anti-climax to a home defeat.

Reading a couple of Forest forums over the last half hour it's clear they don't think they're going to do it, goals seem to have dried up for them. I think they'll get a point at Millwall mind. I also think Leicester will get at least a point at home to Watford.

It's just too damn close. But if you'd told me in February that we'd have an exciting end to the season I'd have thought you meant a relegation battle.

27The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester v Watford live on sky this Friday

Should be an interesting watch.

28The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank goodness Watford still have 2nd place to go for otherwise I would strongly have fancied a home win.

29The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:24

The Friday night game works in our favour - a Watford victory will give the Hull players a good few hours to worry about winning their game.

30The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:24

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hopefully Watford destroy them.

31The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watford have lost 3 on the bounce away from home, can't see Leicester making it 4.

32The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:27

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Also, if Burnley can get a point away at Cardiff, then so can we if not better. It's easy to forget, but we have beaten them once already this season, and they didn't look that special back then.

33The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is good stuff, we're the in form team, every other team is pooing it.

34The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go there with no fear and we will win the game.

35The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Go there with no fear and we will win the game.
I will be shitting myself - it's an away fixture.

36The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:34

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How much better it would look now if we got a point at Leicester - we would be 4 ahead of them and 3 ahead of Forest, we would only need to win our last home game to be sure of the play offs.

37The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:36

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just shows how damn tight this league is. Get us out of it!

38The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Go there with no fear and we will win the game.
I will be shitting myself - it's an away fixture.

Surely we are owed one brilliant away performance in a full season?

39The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sat Apr 20 2013, 18:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will get spanked at Cardiff, 3 or 4 nil. It's all about the other clubs.

I suspect we'll go into the last game level on points with Leicester, but below them on goal difference. It'll come down to whether they can beat Forest on the last day as I expect to beat Blackpool.

40The Run In Fixtures - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In Fixtures Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't think we will get spanked. I think it will be a fairly even game.I think it will depend on what game plan DF has on the day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum