Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manager of the month is...

+2
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manager of the month is... Empty Manager of the month is... Fri Mar 15 2013, 22:56

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Gianfranco Zola of Watford. His side played five won four and drew one in February.

Dougie will need to keep he wins coming if he wants to pick up the award next time around!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Fri Mar 15 2013, 22:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, we don't want it. Its the kiss of death for a good run !

3Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Fri Mar 15 2013, 23:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watford will now plummet.

4Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Fri Mar 15 2013, 23:37

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1/2 way through March

poor

5Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 09:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank goodness for that!!!!!

I honestly don't want us to win the Manager of the month, as above, its the poison chalice and, more or less, everytime we win it we end up on a run of very bad luck.

6Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 11:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets make sure its not, lets beat Ipswich town wankers.

7Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 11:54

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I don't know this for certain stats wise but I imagine that the manager of the month award curse is a bit of a myth. I know that team form tends to worsen after an award but it is almost inevitable. Manager of the month awards normally go to teams who are on an unrealistically good run of form.

If Man U win 5 out of 5 Fergie doesn't get an award but if Wigan do it their boss will be up or the award. The only difference is that Wigan are most likely not to keep that sort of winning streak going so it is most likely that their form will dip and the chances are quite high that they will have a losing streak.

Just saying, like.

8Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 13:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop trying to debunk it biggie. It's a curse I tell ya.

9Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Didn't do Watford any good did it?

10Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:08

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Stop trying to debunk it biggie. It's a curse I tell ya.

Very Happy

11Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

gloswhite wrote:Didn't do Watford any good did it?

If Dougie got manager of month we would be saying today that is was the curse. In reality we have been lucky to get two 1-0 wins in the last two and the wheels were bound to come off today. Could have been 4-0.

12Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

fair point Biggie, but the award is still a curse

13Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 17:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be worse, you could be a Leeds fan, they are well and truly out of it now.

14Manager of the month is... Empty Re: Manager of the month is... Sat Mar 16 2013, 19:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next time, we don't accept this curse.

And see what happens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum