Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michael Owen: Hero or Twat?

+12
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
JonnyRandom
Bernard Dennis Park
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Michael Owen is a .....

Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Vote_lcap10%Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Vote_lcap90%Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Vote_rcap 90% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Owen has today announced his retirement from football at the end of the season. Most of you probably thought he retired 5 years ago judging by the amount of games he's played.

What bugs me is the way the media are gushing over him like he was some English hero. Personally I think Michael Owen typifies the modern day footballer - he'd rather sit on the bench on big wages than drop down a division on lower wages and play ever week.

He's no hero, he's a twat of the highest order.

2Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

typical of an English player, vastly overrated.

Top finisher in his day, for Liverpool, a nice moment for England against Argentina.

but world class? As he was often credited, i think not.

3Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:typical of an English player, vastly overrated.

Top finisher in his day, for Liverpool, a nice moment for England against Argentina.

but world class? As he was often credited, i think not.

Please stop posting messages I agree with. Makes my job very difficult.

4Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am in the middle of both answers

5Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:21

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Twat.

6Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:25

I see why people think he's a twat, but I think he fell out of love with the game after so many frustrating injuries.

He was a top quality player before the injuries, he wasn't world class but in his Liverpool years he had the potential to be. Injuries stopped that and it's a real shame because he was a brilliant striker, and would have been an England legend too.

I think people are too harsh on him, he clearly doesn't have a passion for the sport anymore - that's not his fault and I don't think that makes him a twat.

But he may as well have retired once he left Madrid, he's not played regular football since Liverpool so he's not a hero either.

He's a man whose career was ruined by injury, and that's how he'll be remembered.

7Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 12:44

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wouldnt say hes a hero or twat. Doesnt bother me but he is massively overated. Could have been an exellent player bit wasnt due to unfortunate injuries

8Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Neither. When he first broke onto the scene he was unplayable with his pace and finishing.

Injuries have taken their tole on him and he has failed to adapt his game after he lost his pace.

9Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 13:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least Fergie and Pulis got their moneys worth out of him.

10Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 14:08

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was going to say neither, but then I remembered he's currently at Stoke and is ex-Manure. So I voted twat.

11Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 16:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's always been my football hero.

12Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Tue Mar 19 2013, 16:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never heard of him.

13Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 06:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Awesome as a teenager but he has done absolutely nothing since leaving Madrid. It is a shame injuries ruined his career. I mean Messi never ever gets injured, Owen was always injured, injuries ruin players.

14Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 08:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a top finisher, but also a top twat.

Being a Liverpool legend, then going to play for utd is all the proof you need.
And also, he took all that money from Newcastle when he was injured, then when they got relegated he jumped ship.
in fact he's probably one of the biggest twats ever to set foot on this planet come to think of it.

I hope he get's run over by a horse.

15Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 09:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He always gave me the impression that he played for himself and would have been perfectly happy to play a bit part at a club and take the wages especially if he could get back in the England team, which was always his main aim.

16Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 09:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like many players he never fulfilled his potential, but still ended up scoring 40 goals for England (more than Sir Nat) and was the last British European Player of the Year. Could have been a great but as mentioned, injuries did for him as he was entirely dependent on pace at his best - when that went, he was half the player he was.

17Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I feel indifferently towards him, and even more so towards the fact he's retired.

I think the media should just announce these things, then move on.
Granada Reports did a 15 second report on a dramatic East Lancashire derby the other day, and a thorough dissection of Michael Owen's career as well as interviews the next. I was really keen to hear about the Blackburn game. Didn't give a shit about Owen.

18Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A good player when he was injury free, but those times didn't happen very often - not a hero and not a twat...

19Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Empty Re: Michael Owen: Hero or Twat? Thu Mar 21 2013, 12:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

doffcocker wrote:I feel indifferently towards him, and even more so towards the fact he's retired.

I think the media should just announce these things, then move on.
Granada Reports did a 15 second report on a dramatic East Lancashire derby the other day, and a thorough dissection of Michael Owen's career as well as interviews the next. I was really keen to hear about the Blackburn game. Didn't give a shit about Owen.

I fucking hate Granada Reports when they cover the lower leagues football on a monday night, they squueze all the local lower league games highlights into about 30 seconds and only showing one goal per match regardless if it was a 5-5 thriller.

They didn't bother showing the bolton and blackpool highlights on Monday just because we lost!....Tossers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum