Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Documentary Thread

+3
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Documentary Thread Empty Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 21:17

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I watched Cannibal Warlords of Liberia the other day....

Anybody seen anything worth watching?

2Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 21:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The doc "Restrepo" about the afghan war was pretty powerful, few years old now but stuck in my mind.

3Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 21:45

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

High on Crack Street was another good one.

4Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 22:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Depends what Documentaries you are keen on watching.

I enjoyed the Trev Mac Death Row one a few weeks back and anything with Louis Theroux always seems interesting.

5Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 22:59

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't like the Trevor MacDonald stuff. I find him boring.

Louix Theroux has done some good stuff though. When he was with the Westboro Baptist Church was a good one.

6Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sat Mar 23 2013, 23:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I didn't like the Trevor MacDonald stuff. I find him boring.

Louix Theroux has done some good stuff though. When he was with the Westboro Baptist Church was a good one.

They both have very different interviewing techniques, you can see why he did well as a news reader.

Not very controversial like Louis Theroux.

7Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 00:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I usually browse the BBC's iplayer 'factual' category at least once a week and often find something to my liking.

I quite like a range of things so as an example I've recently watched stuff on Science (The Challenger space ship story as to what went wrong), Business (The Fixer) a business woman going in to failing family businesses and attempting to turn them around, History (Heritage) how the National Trust and other organisations came into being (did you know the man who owned William Shakespeare’s house simply burned it down one day because he didn't like people coming to see where Shakespeare once lived - and nobody had any legal power or rights to stop him doing it!), and Social (Toughest Place to be...) following people doing similar jobs to their own in another country and culture.

I know I must sound like I'm a right barrel of laughs in real life but I much prefer to sit and watch stuff like this than be with the Mrs watching stuff like Emmerdale, Eastenders, etc, on the telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/categories/factual

8Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 08:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fearless-the jeb Corliss story.

Its about a base jumper, fucking mental bastard.

His mate flys straight into a bridge and gets killed, he tried to just miss it bar a few feet.

9Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 08:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Richard the lionheart and saladin holy warriors .

10Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 08:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In terms of documentaries- what do you think about this bloke Brian Cox from Manchester university. He's essentially a physicist but appears on every science programme from biology to ecology. I'm getting a bit sick of the sight of him. He appears misty-eyed standing on a cliff top-as if he's astonished at the wonders of nature- when it's the big bucks he's earning that he should be astonished at. His script writers are infantile. Stuff like 'London is a big city:it's the capital of England' (I made that up as an example!!)- then he looks do- eyed at the camera witth a gormless toothy grin!! He appeared on Ql with Stephen Fry- supposed to be a funny programme but he was as funny as toothache.
It's a bit like Carol Vorderman- at one time you couldn't put the telly on- but she'd be there!
Is it just me- or is anyone else getting sick of seeing him on almost every new science documentary

11Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Fearless-the jeb Corliss story.

Its about a base jumper, fucking mental bastard.

His mate flys straight into a bridge and gets killed, he tried to just miss it bar a few feet.

Seen it. Decent.

12Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:In terms of documentaries- what do you think about this bloke Brian Cox from Manchester university. He's essentially a physicist but appears on every science programme from biology to ecology. I'm getting a bit sick of the sight of him. He appears misty-eyed standing on a cliff top-as if he's astonished at the wonders of nature- when it's the big bucks he's earning that he should be astonished at. His script writers are infantile. Stuff like 'London is a big city:it's the capital of England' (I made that up as an example!!)- then he looks do- eyed at the camera witth a gormless toothy grin!! He appeared on Ql with Stephen Fry- supposed to be a funny programme but he was as funny as toothache.
It's a bit like Carol Vorderman- at one time you couldn't put the telly on- but she'd be there!
Is it just me- or is anyone else getting sick of seeing him on almost every new science documentary

And was also the lead singer of D:Ream and their "one-hit wonder" which was stolen by the Labour Party - Things Can Only Get Better!

13Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:In terms of documentaries- what do you think about this bloke Brian Cox from Manchester university. He's essentially a physicist but appears on every science programme from biology to ecology. I'm getting a bit sick of the sight of him. He appears misty-eyed standing on a cliff top-as if he's astonished at the wonders of nature- when it's the big bucks he's earning that he should be astonished at. His script writers are infantile. Stuff like 'London is a big city:it's the capital of England' (I made that up as an example!!)- then he looks do- eyed at the camera witth a gormless toothy grin!! He appeared on Ql with Stephen Fry- supposed to be a funny programme but he was as funny as toothache.

And was also the lead singer of D:Ream and their "one-hit wonder" which was stolen by the Labour Party - Things Can Only Get Better!
......and they've certainly got a lot better for him

14Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:51

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was the keyboard player actually.

15Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Sun Mar 24 2013, 21:17

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This short documentary about Amsterdam cracked me up. The soft bastards shit themselves and advise people it's not safe to walk around the red light district. One of the blokes is a fucking copper in England...

16Documentary Thread Empty Re: Documentary Thread Wed Apr 03 2013, 11:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Solomon's tablet of stone.

I remember some guy from Bolton did stuff like this in his garden shed.

Clever bastards .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum