You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Who is/are going to finish fourth?

Who is/are going to finish fourth?

Who will finish fourth?

Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_lcap40%Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_lcap40%Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_lcap0%Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_lcap10%Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_lcap10%Who is/are going to finish fourth? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 12:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Whilst obviously we are all concerned who the bottom three are going to be at the end of the season, the top three places look to be have been claimed already - but who is going to finish fourth?.

It wasn't that long back that the big 'four' included Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool - but it seems at least two of these clubs won't make the champions League next year - maybe all three!

So who will finish fourth this season?



Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Feb 13 2012, 18:59; edited 1 time in total

2Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 12:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
hard one to call, because they are so inconsistent, (for them), but I think Arsenal might just creep in there, especially as we are going to dent Chelsea's chances even more when we meet Smile

3Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 12:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think Arsenal will do it. Chelsea will come back but too inconsistant ATM.

4Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 18:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Moderator
Moderator
I will say Chelsea just because I think they will sack AVB and bring in a top manager who will get them playing again........most probably before our game with them in 2 weeks.

5Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I refuse to comment on this thread until sluffy corrects the title.

6Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 18:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Moderator
Moderator
Haha, welcome back Nat. Very Happy

7Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Sun Feb 12 2012, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I refuse to comment on this thread until sluffy corrects the title.

Should it be 'Who is going to finish fourth?' - otherwise you're going to have to spell it out for me because I don't know where I've gone wrong?

Think it will be Chelsea myself!

8Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 12:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Should it be 'Who is going to finish fourth?'

Yes.

Sluffy out.

9Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 18:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Actually Sluffy could be right as Football teams names are a collective, and as such would be "are" instead of "is".

10Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 18:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You're Dutch, what do you know?

11Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:02

Keegan

Keegan
Moderator
Moderator
Tottenham are going to finish fourth?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're Dutch, what do you know?



I've only lived in Holland 5 years and 6 days, if you don't mind, matey!!!



Shocked





And, anyway, there are more Dutchies who speak and write more perfect English than English people. They are taught english from the age of 5 in schools.



The worst thing is one of my friends who is English, actually cannot spell Wednesday. He spells it Wensday!!!Evil or Very Mad

13Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Keegan wrote:Tottenham are going to finish fourth?

Tottenham is going to finish fourth?

I'm no grammar expert but 'are' sounds right and 'is' sounds wrong to me.

14Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:21

Guest


Guest
@bwfc71 wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're Dutch, what do you know?



I've only lived in Holland 5 years and 6 days, if you don't mind, matey!!!



Shocked





And, anyway, there are more Dutchies who speak and write more perfect English than English people. They are taught english from the age of 5 in schools.



The worst thing is one of my friends who is English, actually cannot spell Wednesday. He spells it Wensday!!!Evil or Very Mad

I had to tell my girlfriend how to spell February today, she didn't know it had 2 r's in it. It's ok though she is only a primary school teacher,

Arsenal will finish 4th because they have Robin Van Persie (or because they don't have Torres or Carroll)

15Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
OneOinCoyle wrote:I had to tell my girlfriend how to spell February today, she didn't know it had 2 r's in it. It's ok though she is only a primary school teacher,

Arsenal will finish 4th because they have Robin Van Persie (or because they don't have Torres or Carroll)



No Comment! I actually trained to be a primary school teacher, as well.

16Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:52

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@bwfc71 wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're Dutch, what do you know?



I've only lived in Holland 5 years and 6 days, if you don't mind, matey!!!



Shocked





And, anyway, there are more Dutchies who speak and write more perfect English than English people. They are taught english from the age of 5 in schools.



The worst thing is one of my friends who is English, actually cannot spell Wednesday. He spells it Wensday!!!Evil or Very Mad

"more perfect" doesn't look like perfect English to me. Smile

17Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
'Dutchies'. We always knew them as cloggies, (not in a nasty way). Stationed on the German /Dutch border, and found the cloggies to be an excellent bunch of people. Very pro-British as well

18Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 22:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@xmiles wrote:"more perfect" doesn't look like perfect English to me. Smile



When you see how a lot of British people write and think they are perfect, of which even I know I am not, then you will realise as to why I used "more perfect"



Problem is we all fall into bad habits when writing, but still believe we are good at our own language.

19Who is/are going to finish fourth? Empty Re: Who is/are going to finish fourth? on Mon Feb 13 2012, 22:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@gloswhite wrote:'Dutchies'. We always knew them as cloggies, (not in a nasty way). Stationed on the German /Dutch border, and found the cloggies to be an excellent bunch of people. Very pro-British as well





They are a good bunch of people, and as you say, they are very pro-British, which is fantastic - in fact both our cultures are very very similar, yes there are some slight differences but not many at all. But that can be a problem when trying to learn their language as when they hear the accent, they respond back in English!



And yes both terminologies are used - Dutchies and cloggies

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum