Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves Fcuk up Continues - another one turns down the job!

+7
Sluffy
doffcocker
xmiles
Keegan
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Simon Grayson is reported to be due to sign for Huddersfield in the next few days. Very bizarre with regards to the dismissal of Lee Clarke.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:I imagine BSA would be like Bruce if he was backed with the money he had at Sunderland.

Why do you think that? He did get a few signings wrong (e.g. Cid) and his time at Newcastle wasn't good but looking at his overall career I can't see much to support the idea that he would have wasted money had he been given it.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jardel was Sams biggest cock-up!

Speaking of McCarthy, I can see him pitching up at Huddersfield.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I imagine BSA would be like Bruce if he was backed with the money he had at Sunderland.

Why do you think that? He did get a few signings wrong (e.g. Cid) and his time at Newcastle wasn't good but looking at his overall career I can't see much to support the idea that he would have wasted money had he been given it.

People are bitter about Sam because he's the best manager we've had ever, and we won't ever see that success again.

Now he's gone people try and pretend he was shit anyway.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I am not arguing he is the best manager we have ever had, stats speak for them selves, I just imagine if he was given a shit load of cash he wouldn't invest in it wisely, maybe not as bad as Bruce though (hell who could)

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:

Doesn't he have money to burn at West Ham Wanderers (oops I mean United), but look at the shrewd buys there and look where West Ham at present?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Jardel was Sams biggest cock-up!

Speaking of McCarthy, I can see him pitching up at Huddersfield.

Biggest as in fattest?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There's only one Mario Jardel!

(Thank goodness)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Doesn't he have money to burn at West Ham Wanderers (oops I mean United), but look at the shrewd buys there and look where West Ham at present?

I don't know how much money he was given but he has certainly spent it wisely. Incredibly mostly on former Bolton talent.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Walter Smith turns down approach over Wolves job

Former Rangers boss Walter Smith has rejected a move back into football management with Wolves.

Smith joins a growing list of people to have rebuffed the Midlands club, who have been without a manager since they sacked Mick McCarthy on 13 February.

Their bids to recruit Alan Curbishley, Reading boss Brian McDermott and Brighton's Gus Poyet have all failed.

"It was a purely personal thing, nothing to do with Wolves," Smith, 64, told the Express and Star newspaper.

"I know Jez Moxey [Wolves chief executive] and knew I was more of a fall-back than anything. We didn't even get as far as discussing money.

"There was never a face-to-face meeting and we never discussed finance.

"If someone asks you, you're pleased to be asked, but the longer you think about it, you start to ask yourself whether it was right."

Smith, who had been without a club since leaving Rangers in May 2011, was reported to have been offered the job until the end of the season.

Ex-Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has been interviewed for the post, but McCarthy's former assistant Terry Connor is still in temporary control of the side.

Wolves, who are 18th in the Premier League, travel to Newcastle on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17145530

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Turning into a bit of a farce this Wolves thing now, Curbs turns it down due to lack of vision the board had and now this.

Megson anyone?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There's talk of Megson being told to walk if his lot lose to Sheff Utd on Saturday, but its probably paper talk, especially when you see what he's done for them, (that comment really grates with me)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wolves have promoted assistant boss Terry Connor to manager until the end of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17153404

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It bodes well for us when we play them next month.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves have made the right decision - better to appoint this bloke from within the club who the players like than someone like Steve Bruce who is clueless.

They will stay up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wolves have made the right decision - better to appoint this bloke from within the club who the players like than someone like Steve Bruce who is clueless.

They will stay up.

Sounds very similar to how Steve Kean got the job at Blackburn, and from what I can see he is doing a fantastic job.lol!

So that the 3 for the drop decided..... Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves. Phew!!!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suppose everybody has to start somewhere. It could go well, it could be a disaster. I must admit, from a Bolton point of view, I've got a good feeling about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum