Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The collapse of UKIP continues

+11
whatsgoingon
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
karlypants
Chairmanda
Sluffy
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The collapse of UKIP continues Empty The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 16:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stopped for petrol on the way back from the West Country today (passed through Bath at 07.30 so decided not to wake Manda. Did see a vote Ben Howlett poster though Smile) - and had a look at the newspaper headlines. One Tory rag (Times I think) led with Farage being set to lose his seat in the election.
Currently he's second to the Tory in recent opinion poll in his Kent constituency but the Labour candidate is coming up fast so there's a chance Farage will end his political career by coming third on his home turf.

Great story if true - only ousted from attention-grabbing top spot by the Sunday Sport's "Easter record - man sticks 9 Cadbury's Eggs up his bum"

Although TbF that's not as clever a trick as Farage disappearing up his own.

2The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

At the risk of sounding like a thick cunt, how does an election work?

What I mean is, in theory, if you get the most votes, you win.

It doesn't quite work as simple as that though does it?

Why can't they just add up every single vote and whoever has the most wins?

Am I making sense?

3The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:At the risk of sounding like a thick cunt, how does an election work?

What I mean is, in theory, if you get the most votes, you win.

It doesn't quite work as simple as that though does it?

Why can't they just add up every single vote and whoever has the most wins?

Am I making sense?

Totally agree. Even if you win by a single vote you should be Prime Minister. Ridiculous that minority parties can play a part in forming a government.

Who does it actually benefit?

5The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its all bent.

7The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:26

scottjames30 wrote:Im bent.

I did wonder

8The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very simply -

The country is divided areas of similar size populations throughout, and each of these areas elect a Member of Parliament.

If one of the partys standing end up with a majority of MP's elected, they form the government.

If there is no clear majority, party's try get others to join them to form a coalition government.

Yes you can and I believe we have - had governments formed who had the most MP's but less of the total vote of another party.

I don't know why we all don't vote just one party in - full stop - but I guess it as something to do with having MP's elected from other party's and as such form some base of elected opposition to the party in power - and give people something to rally around if the party in power goes to extremes.

9The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:05

Sluffy wrote:
I don't know why we all don't vote just one party in - full stop - but I guess it as something to do with having MP's elected from other party's and as such form some base of elected opposition to the party in power - and give people something to rally around if the party in power goes to extremes.

That's precisely it.

Our entire system of government relies on things being voted on in parliament before they are entered into the statute books and if you only had one party represented, they could bring in whatever new laws they wanted and in theory could ban elections and stay in charge forever.

The current system is designed to protect our freedom from tyranny.

And it works.

10The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
I am johnny, my mum says life is like a Box of chocolate's.

11The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:10

Chocolate's what?

12The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:12

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
I am johnny, my mum says life is like a Box of chocolate's.
I wish i knew who my mum was

Smile

13The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 23:28

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Stopped for petrol on the way back from the West Country today (passed through Bath at 07.30 so decided not to wake Manda. Did see a vote Ben Howlett poster though Smile

Should have said hello Wanders! Can't believe you saw a Ben4Bath poster, there aren't many around!

14The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Sun Apr 05 2015, 23:38

Just Googled Ben and he looks unnervingly like he should be wearing a brown shirt and smashing windows in southern Germany in about 1938.

Surprised Nige hasn't already tapped him up.

He looks disturbingly Aryan and "just a bit too happy" to be representing his Volk......

15The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Mon Apr 06 2015, 01:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Stopped for petrol on the way back from the West Country today (passed through Bath at 07.30 so decided not to wake Manda. Did see a vote Ben Howlett poster though Smile

Should have said hello Wanders! Can't believe you saw a Ben4Bath poster, there aren't many around!
Twas on the way in from the A36 Longleat direction in a campervan missing three parking sensors and a plastic strip from the roof and with a chewed through satellite dish cable and covered with Barbary Ape footprints.
That's what happens when I do nice things for other people.

16The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UKIP leader Diane James stands down,after only 18 days in the top job.

Her middle name,believe it or not,is Allardyce. Razz

17The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:UKIP leader Diane James stands down,after only 18 days in the top job.

Her middle name,believe it or not,is Allardyce. Razz
Just heard this now on Smooth FM. 

I'm currently having a soak (lots of bubble bath). Very Happy

18The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You sexy beast. Very Happy

19The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You sexy beast. Very Happy
Tell a lie, I had run out of bubble bath so had to make do with the Mrs fresh, sweet raspberry shower & bath gel with real fruitness (it actually says this on the bottle!) and it's done a hell of a lot more with the bubbles than traditional bubble bath. 

My love length smells quite fruity now as well.

Shame I'm in here all alone.

Was that too much info? Shocked 

Laughing

20The collapse of UKIP continues Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fairy liquid does for me. I usually take the pots and plates in with me.

Two birds with one stone. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum