Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The collapse of UKIP continues

+11
whatsgoingon
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
karlypants
Chairmanda
Sluffy
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 09:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:From what I've been reading from European leaders in recent weeks, they'll be looking to take a very tough stance on Brexit.
The attitude of the Europeans seems to be that they won't allow their market to be flooded by cheap British imports (the irony!) so British exporters will be told they have to pay an import tarriff to remove any advantage from a weak pound and they are going to shove it to the Brits "when you come begging for a deal cap in hand".

Most of all they can't seem to believe that the PM has been naive enough to spell out what the UK wants and when the UK needs it by before the negotiations have even begun. It's like playing poker with a blind man who has his cards in full sight but can't see his opponents cards. Dutch guy I spoke to on Tuesday reckoned the EU can now just stall negotiations until the UK is so desperate we'll take anything we're given and that Hammond has already started to try to explain away the damage by telling us to expect a rough ride, knowing full well we are at the mercy of Europe now.

Personally, I don't know how it will turn out but I have to agree that it looks like the EU has Theresa May's Government by the metaphorical balls at this stage.

Really doesn't help when the Chancellor bases an economic strategy on future exports without even knowing if there will be any profit in exporting after an increase in raw material costs and a trade tariff. Not that he cares having made a commitment to borrow his way out of trouble regardless of how much we are shafted.

62The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 13:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

63The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Woolfe had a couple of epilepsy - type fits after a scrap with another MEP.

64The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:38

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't care if this makes me a bad person but I can't help giggling like a kid every time I look at this:

The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Collapse-718281

Wonder what's in that briefcase because he wasn't letting go, was he...?

:rofl:

And kudos to Lusty for giving this thread such a prescient title.

65The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Irony!

66The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

British politics at its best!

67The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:53

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's European Politics actually - He's an MEP.

68The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kid.

69The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 19:56

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, he's a grown up.

49 today, as it turns out.

Happy Birthday, Steve - Knock yourself out, mate.

Oh.....you already have.

70The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 20:12

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The UKIP meetings are still the best place for a drunken fight. It is their brand of democracy, and you could probably buy some stolen trainers too. This was in Europe? it seems to have had a more Australian outback theme.

71The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 20:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't his half brother on our books?

72The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 20:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, Nathan.

73The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 21:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:No, he's a grown up.

49 today, as it turns out.

Happy Birthday, Steve - Knock yourself out, mate.

Oh.....you already have.
Very Happy

74The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 21:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I couldn't help but think of the chalk outline you see in murder scenes. They always have this exact pose.

75The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 21:27

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I couldn't help but think of the chalk outline you see in murder scenes. They always have this exact pose.

Laughing 

I saw it as him being a boxer whom has been knocked out and the man leaning down is the ref counting him out 4-3-2-1

76The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 22:02

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

sunlight wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I couldn't help but think of the chalk outline you see in murder scenes. They always have this exact pose.

Laughing 

I saw it as him being a boxer whom has been knocked out and the man leaning down is the ref counting him out 4-3-2-1

I though it was one of SKD's trademark dives outline in and around the box.

77The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Thu Oct 06 2016, 22:22

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The bag that he is refusing to let go of, even unconscious, contains all his loot that he carries around in the boot of his 1970`s Jag.

78The collapse of UKIP continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The collapse of UKIP continues Fri Oct 07 2016, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always thought that UKIP's popular appeal was based on attracting a wide range of people to a set of vacuous concepts such as "controlling immigration" which means so many different things to so many people - i.e. they don't all agree what they're supposed to be agreeing about or what should be done about it.
It seems inevitable then that when they finally had to agree on a way forward and some actual policies there was never going to be consensus.
When push comes to shove (or jab, cross, uppercut) this happens and frankly I think the other parties should also consider taking political debate to the next level. It could certainly liven up PMQs.
That said, I don't think Corbyn could punch his way out of a wet paper bag, so maybe it's time for 2 Jags to make a comeback and show us his moves? And someone needs to give Hammond  a slap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum