Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which are/were your local pubs.

+8
Norpig
Triumph
JonnyRandom
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Having lived most of my life in Farnworth my locals have been the flying shuttle, but mostly the railway moses gate, always enjoyed a good night doing the market street run, black horse, smokies, post office, queens, and finish in the Brittania, whers yours?

2Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:47

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Most of mine was on Halliwell rd, we used to do them all on a Saturday night, then of to the Dance factory.

3Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

4Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:50

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ask Sluffy he has internal pics of it, get him to take them when he is having breakfast.

5Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:00

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When I was younger The Starkie, the pubs on Folds rd and Town.

Nowadays a few in Howfen.

6Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last Orders on Halliwell Road, previously known as The Peel. Wouldn't piss on the bar staff if they were on fire. As unfriendly as pubs come, but we tolerate it because it's cheap.

Finishers Arms on Church Road. Love the quiz on Tuesdays. Friendly pub.

Doffcocker Inn. Friendly but a bit dear these days.

Hope and Anchor. Same story as Doffcocker.

Arkwrights, Vallets Lane used to be great, but has changed hands hundreds of times and lost it's vibe.

7Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Went in Arkwrights once, deader than magoos sex life.

8Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 06:22

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hulton arms, although it has more different owners than beer. Not keen on the current owner at all

9Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 07:37

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Railway Hotel and Royal in Atherton then moved home and had Queen Vic Hindley Green and then Red Lion in Hindley all Darts pubs.

10Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the Victory on Chorley Old Road was my local for years but closed so spent more time in the Lion Of Vienna.

When i first started going out the Halliwell lodge was right on my doorstep so went in there as well.

11Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 10:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I go in a few pubs around Howfen too as I live and work there.

Match-days I used to be in farnworth a lot in the Wellington followed by a late trip for last orders at the beautiful Welcome inn.

The strawberry Duck Is the usual place I eat/drink with the rents or the Chetham arms.

Im also in the flying flute a fair bit these days pre/post match.

12Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:58

Used to be the Feathers, Red Bridge or Top Bull when lived in Breightmet. Now go drinking in Hindley mostly.

13Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My old local (3 pigeons) is now closed, on Blackburn Road, but also used to frequent The Pineapple, The Lamb and Brierfields, as well as the Blue Boar in town centre.

Nowadys I don't tend to go to local bars but was up at The Strawberry Duck on Friday evening and was in the Victoria Inn yesterday.

Otherwise just various bars in centre of Manchester or London.

But my "locals" back home in Amsterdam are The Satellite Sports Cafe, Cafe de Prins, Cafe Trinity, Aran bar and Mulders.

14Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:33

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Used to be a lively night out on the "Top Road" in Pendlebury but those still left open are pretty crap now. Like to go into M/cr these days to Cask, The Knot and Dimitri's around Deansgate and Castlefield.

15Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Used to be a lively night out on the "Top Road" in Pendlebury but those still left open are pretty crap now. Like to go into M/cr these days to Cask, The Knot and Dimitri's around Deansgate and Castlefield.

i was in Cask the other night, great bar with lots of quality German and Belgian beers on, i shall be going again soon

16Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:45

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Used to be a lively night out on the "Top Road" in Pendlebury but those still left open are pretty crap now. Like to go into M/cr these days to Cask, The Knot and Dimitri's around Deansgate and Castlefield.

i was in Cask the other night, great bar with lots of quality German and Belgian beers on, i shall be going again soon

Agreed! Paulaner and Erdinger are my usual tipples but I don't turn my nose up at a Cruz Campo either.

17Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know the owner of Dimitri's ... greek fella, nice bloke actually.

18Which are/were your local pubs. Empty Re: Which are/were your local pubs. Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My fave pub is Barristers for one reason only, quality ale!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum