Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pubs, Clubs Past and Present, what is/was your Night out.

+7
Angry Dad
NickFazer
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
Hip Priest
Banks of the Croal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mine would be the Starkie then down Folds Rd,  then Town.

Also  the pubs on Blackburn Rd and Halliwell Rd .

Nowadays it's The Spoons in  Howfen on match days.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Halliwell road pub crawls were always a favourite. The Howcroft was also a popular pre-town haunt in my younger days. Draught Coates's Triple Vintage strong still cider (about 8%), tasted bloody awful but got you pissed in no time for next to nowt. Moved on to a variety of venues later in the night which over the years included The Nocturne, The Playmate, Scamps, The Va Va, The Bees Knees, Maxwells Plum etc. God,just how ancient am I.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a Saturday night, it was Crompton's Mule, then about 23.59 head down to the club Eden/Temple, dance my head off in there till it shut around 06.00 then go home, they were the days when you tested the limits off insanity, loved it.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anybody remember atlantis? I miss it...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Does anybody remember atlantis? I miss it...

I don't miss it. It startd off good but soon got took over by many villains who live withiin 5 minutes of the club, It had to be closed, by the police, because of the violence between gangs.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:On a Saturday night, it was Crompton's Mule, then about 23.59 head down to the club Eden/Temple, dance my head off in there till it shut around 06.00 then go home, they were the days when you tested the limits off insanity, loved it.

That was the club I frequented the most - Eden/The Temple. Great music and actually a great venue - except for having to close early some nights because of a stabbing or two and had to be questioned by the police as you left!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:On a Saturday night, it was Crompton's Mule, then about 23.59 head down to the club Eden/Temple, dance my head off in there till it shut around 06.00 then go home, they were the days when you tested the limits off insanity, loved it.

That was the club I frequented the most - Eden/The Temple.  Great music and actually a great venue - except for having to close early some nights because of a stabbing or two and had to be questioned by the police as you left!!!

Had some great nights in there, agree with the music too.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Station in Pendlebury and then into M/cr to one the following Jilly's / Banshee / The Brickhouse or Legends till the early hours.

Like a booze round Castlefield these days [was there last night].

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

All my clubbing and pubs were in Manchester and Salford. My old man had a roughhouse pub in Ardwick ,boxing gym on one side and a pikey site on the other, the fights between those two were legendary in ardwick the cops never came near the place. I was 15-16but big enough to get into pubs in those days then come home to find the pub wrecked and my old man with a few bruises and cuts , I came home early one night to find my old man holding a pikeys head in the fire grate in the saloon his hair was on fire and regulars trying to drag my old man off the pikey, scary for a kid and I had 4 younger brothers and sisters to look after,he used to come into my room with the base ball bat and say get downstairs the fuckers are about to kick off ,I was too scared not too I was better off facing them with the bat than him if I didn't do it. I look back on it now and am glad I went through it.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Favourite Bolton pub was the Boars Head on Churchgate.
Spent too many nights in the Beachcomber/Cromwellian/Playmate and Empress
But favourite club was The Original Twisted Wheel, the all-nighters were epic. Did go to the new Wheel when it moved, but nowhere near as good.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody remember the pre match two bob strip in that disco on Bradshawgate where the Lido was. Forget the name of the place but it was a couple in The Anchor a couple in there with a tits out bonus then down to Burnden. Happy days!!

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Scamps?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

if Scamps was on Bradshawgate that's the one. Thanx Wayne.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes, it was in the Lido building. Big Sam and Reidy were regulars.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:Yes, it was in the Lido building. Big Sam and Reidy were regulars.
It was about the time they were playing so did they go for a prr match pick me up?Very Happy

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wouldn't surprise me!!!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Used to love Blightys in Farnworth. and the bus inn.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Any  oldetimers  remember The Aspen  or The Blue Lagoon?

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm just wondering here if the strippers really were on at Scamps. My memory is telling me that they were on further down Bradshawgate. I'm pretty sure they were on at a pub called The Trotters which was facing The Alma and was pulled down many years ago. There's a car showroom there now. Scamps is indeed where the Lido used to be but was a disco and was never open during the day. Pretty sure I'm right. Doesthis ring any bells with anyone else.

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/lancashire/bolton_trotters.html

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm thinking you're right Hip, Scamps was a night club and Trotters was tbere for the football fans, well maybe originally it was... bit of a dive at weekends upstairs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum