Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Chippy etc, past or present?

+14
boltonbonce
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
LW23
bwfc71
doffcocker
waynagain
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sat Aug 10 2013, 22:55

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Past... Pie Shop...Taylors Tonge Moor Rd. never ever tasted a better Meat pie in my life.

Present...Wongs Chippy Wigan Rd. Howfen... propper Chips.

Past...Cafe, Sammy's Snacks, Blackburn Rd. they served the real meaning of "the full monty" for Breakfast.

2Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sat Aug 10 2013, 23:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't beat the chippy opposite morrisons in harwood, Shays I think it is. Best Fish and chips in bolton.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Tornadoes takeaway on bury road is the dogs bollocks.

3Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sat Aug 10 2013, 23:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't eat junk food.

4Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 01:40

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Best ever Chippy in Bolton was Abdul's which used to be on St Geoges Road.

5Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 01:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always loved Bennetts Lane chippy. No complaints about the chips. They're cheap and taste great. The fish on the other hand, albeit cheap are pretty poor. It's obvious that they're some cheap white fish like coley or pollock as opposed to cod or haddock. Whiteside's on Halliwell Road on the other hand do good quality fish and chips.

6Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 09:33

Scout Lane chippy is a good one.

Agree with chaes in harwood. Used to live just up totty Road which was lethal. Also amigos in Bromley Cross.

7Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 11:18

Ex Man City player Paul Mouldens chippy, used to be in Great Lever but now it's between Breightmet and Tonge Fold (well it was last time I was in Bolton).

Best Cafe: Is in Walkden (near the train station) next to a motorbike shop,go every Sunday morning for a full English.

8Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 13:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:I always loved Bennetts Lane chippy. No complaints about the chips. They're cheap and taste great.
The one on the corner of Arnold Street?

Whe I visited a relative who lived on Arnold Street, we always used to use that chippy, as well as the bakery next door and the greengrocers next to them

Whatever happened to all these small local shops/businesses???

Chippy has to be Su's chippy. Named after his father who orginally owned the chippy, Su junior has carried on the tradition.

Pie Shop always will be ye olde pastie shop in Churchgate

9Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 15:39

LW23

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

SAM & ANNS deane rd

10Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 16:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Queensgate chippy was always good but apparantly now its a kebab shop, also always liked Bennetts lane chippy as well, used to go to Smithills and went for dinner most days.

11Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It always amazes me how chips can be made so badly.

It's bloody easy to make a good chip yet the vast majority of chippies make shite chips.

Dickheads.

12Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Aug 11 2013, 19:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Prices bakery in Westhoughton is a great one for pies & pasties and also Whittakers pie shop in Tyldesley.

Market street chippy in Atherton is a cracker and also Green lane chippy in Leigh.

13Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Mon Aug 12 2013, 09:29

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chippy Kens on Ainsworth Lane was legend!

14Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Mon Aug 12 2013, 19:19

Oh. Best do a shout out to my mrs best mates bakery really too. Armstrongs in morris green. Dinky pies Surprised)

15Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 10:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As there has been a couple of posts on the 'best restaurant' thread about chippys I thought I would bump up this old thread to see if we still like the same places?

16Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 11:06

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Best current chippy in my view is Whitesides haliwell road, my favourite take away is peri peri chicken from Mash's on Deane road (not to be confused with Mash's Wing Ranch) there seems to be ever decreasing numbers of English cafes but my favourite for breakfast used to be the hut behind the market that's gone now

17Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 11:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pryces,in Walkden is my first port of call whenever I'm in the area. Luvverly grub.

18Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 11:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

At the risk of getting dragged off topic, the blue cafe in Farnworth does an amazing full monty breakfast. You're right about pryces as well Boncey, it's a cracking place.

19Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 11:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:At the risk of getting dragged off topic, the blue cafe in Farnworth does an amazing full monty breakfast. You're right about pryces as well Boncey, it's a cracking place.
Is the chippy next to The Antelope still going?

20Best Chippy etc, past or present? Empty Re: Best Chippy etc, past or present? Sun Jun 19 2016, 12:18

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:At the risk of getting dragged off topic, the blue cafe in Farnworth does an amazing full monty breakfast. You're right about pryces as well Boncey, it's a cracking place.
Is the chippy next to The Antelope still going?
Yes, and it's still shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next