Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would anybody like to contribute?

+8
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 14:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hello there lovely members of Bolton Nuts!

How is everyone today?

I just thought I would take a moment to draw everybody's attention to our contribution page http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/donate to see if anyone would like to donate £0.50 or £1.00 to help with our minimal costs over the next 12 months.

No pressure. Some people like to donate to things, some don't. Just that I imagine most of our posters don't know the option is there (very bottom of every page "contribution"). Any donation made will be put directly into the site, mostly for the removal of adverts to keep the site looking clean and easy to use.

Go on, be our first donor!

Many Thanks

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 14:48

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have 2 fresh eggs i can post. Very Happy

3Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Come on you tight fisted Bastards, Every little helps.

4Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I'm paying for the site I'll expect some changes. Magoo & Hipster banned for a start.

5Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:42

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old grouchy Knickers, i love you to.

6Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:49

how much is it for the year to keep the site going biggie?

7Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 15:52

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

£20 mil, and 2000 cases of Artois for the Admin & Mods.

Should this not be a sticky.

8Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you but there is no reason to contribute anything at all. I think Biggie may have over reacted somewhat.

I've not had chance to post on here before now today due to a private matter and thus not have been able to deal with the adverts that have returned.

Our site is a bit unusual in that most other forums actively look for adverts, sponsorships or member donations but our site is different in that we pay the 'host' of our site to keep the adverts off here.

All it costs is £14 for the whole year!

That is basically the total running cost of the site annually - and should give you some idea how much some of the owners of other sites must be making from their members!

It is not our intention to screw anyone least of all the people on here, so I apologise for this thread and would have removed it if I was online at the time Biggie posted it.

Sorry.

9Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well in recognition of the entertainment delivered by the site such as the Chatbox when I can't get to the game, I went to the donate page ready to throw you a few quid only to find that despite setting the currency to £ sterling, everything converted to euros.
So came back to ask you to sort your PayPal account out first, but I see that won't be necessary.

10Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:15

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

£14 and Biggie was asking for donations Laughing.

It does show how other places are fleecing their members though.

11Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This was clearly an attempt by Biggie to get a hefty contribution towards his carer costs.

He should step down.

12Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can I have my £50 quid back then Would anybody like to contribute? 1415013262

13Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 18:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This was clearly an attempt by Biggie to get a hefty contribution towards his carer costs.

He should step down.

I agree to be honest.

14Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 18:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:This was clearly an attempt by Biggie to get a hefty contribution towards his carer costs.

He should step down.

I agree to be honest.

You would.

15Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

£14 ? I'll round it up to £20, and just let me know where to send it. Worth every penny

16Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very generous of you Glos but it is all in hand now.

This thread should never have been started and is a bit of an embarrassment to me personally as I have said a number of times in the past that it is as cheap as chips to run a forum (no matter what other forums may say to the contrary) and that the last thing I would wish to do is to gain from doing so personally from exploiting fellow Wanderers fans.

We got a bill in today for round about £7.00 to keep the adverts off here for the next six months. Unfortunately non of the sites founders were around to deal with it and Biggie panicked a little to try to raise the cash a.s.a.p. to get rid of the ads.

His heart was in the right place but we really had no need for the appeal.

We are now in the process of paying the bill and the ads should be disappearing shortly.

17Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Biggie should have to do a forfeit, change his Avatar to Maggie for 2 days.

18Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

He should step down.

I agree to be honest.

You would.

Yes, i would. Thats why i said i did.

Keep up Boggers.

19Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:31

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would like to like to donate 2,800 Ugandan Dollars, Mo has a few ruppies and I am sure Brother Dah has some Nigerian Naira lying around. In total it works out at 66p so this should help keep the site running for just over a fortnight.

20Would anybody like to contribute? Empty Re: Would anybody like to contribute? Wed Apr 10 2013, 19:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes, i would. Thats why i said i did.

Keep up Boggers.

Keep up? You're the one completely missing the point..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum