Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON.

+11
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
Triumph
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Tue Apr 16 2013, 22:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably anyway, Dislocated shoulder according to DF.

David Ngog will be out for three months after dislocating his shoulder at Leicester City last night.

The French striker could need an operation later today after a heavy fall in the second half of the 3-2 defeat at the King Power Stadium and will certainly miss the remainder of Wanderers' campaign.

The injury mirrors that suffered by Mark Davies against Huddersfield Town back in December, which saw the midfielder ruled out of the action until mid-February.

Ngog had become a key figure in the late surge for a play-off spot and has started the last 12 games for Dougie Freedman.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 01:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There's always SKD to come back in now and grab a hatfull of goals Rolling Eyes

3NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 01:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's been doing an excellent job at scrapping for everything and chesting the ball down, bringing other players into the game. Because he's generally lacklustre when faced with goalscoring opportunities, people never fail to undervalue this critical side to his game.

A big loss in my opinion.

4NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:He's been doing an excellent job at scrapping for everything and chesting the ball down, bringing other players into the game. Because he's generally lacklustre when faced with goalscoring opportunities, people never fail to undervalue this critical side to his game.

Completely disagree.

He is a striker. He can't finish and has less assists than Kevin Davies. The fact he can chest the ball down and bring others into play is a bit of a myth in my opinion, but regardless, surely any professional footballer should be able to chest a ball down!!

If this forces Dougie Coyle to pick Sordell with Craig Davies then it could be for the benefit of the club.

5NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recalling eaves seems less pointless now.

I think Craig Davies could be the man to step up and fire us to the play offs, he was desperately unlucky not to make it 3-3 last night with that header.

6NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:32

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This isn't very good news, even though I'm not one of N'Gogs biggest fans.

BKD hasn't had a sniff, since his infamous Talksport interview. Sordell hasn't really impressed, when he's been given a chance and he often get's subbed. Eaves is unproven at this level, but he might get a chance now, still a big gamble though.

I think it's now time for Craig Davies to step up to the plate, personally, I think he should have been given more playing time and from what I've seen of him, I prefer him to Sordell, N'Gog & BKD.

7NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:52

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:There's always SKD to come back in now and grab a hatfull of goals Rolling Eyes
If he does come back I am glad there are only 2 more home games for him to frustrate the living daylights out of me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:56

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we'll miss him allot more than people realise. However; I have allot of confidence that Craig Davies can be the man to fill in. He looked very dangerous last night and was very unlucky not to score atleast one.

9NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:He's been doing an excellent job at scrapping for everything and chesting the ball down, bringing other players into the game. Because he's generally lacklustre when faced with goalscoring opportunities, people never fail to undervalue this critical side to his game.

He was signed as a striker - strikers should score goals.

Elmander was the same - Shit, just like Ngog.

I want a striker who does what a striker should do, unfortunately we Dont have one of them.

10NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:31

I agree, he was excellent last night. The run of games has really benefited him, looks far more confident and showed some really classy touches.

11NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:31

Boggersbelief wrote:Recalling eaves seems less pointless now.

I think Craig Davies could be the man to step up and fire us to the play offs, he was desperately unlucky not to make it 3-3 last night with that header.

And the volley he smashed off the bar, great strike.

12NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:00

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If N'Gog is out for the season, then he's probably finished in a Bolton shirt. Fulham and other European clubs are still officially "interested" in him and if we get a good offer with enough time to find a replacement, we'll most likely sell.

IIRC, the only thing stopping us selling him in January was the lack of time to find a replacement.

13NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, we now have SKD, Sordell, Craig Davies and Tom Eaves to choose from. If Dougie is going to play 4-5-1 then my first choice would be Craig Davies and if it is 4-4-2 then Sordell can partner him.

14NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sgt. Bash wrote:If N'Gog is out for the season, then he's probably finished in a Bolton shirt. Fulham and other European clubs are still officially "interested" in him and if we get a good offer with enough time to find a replacement, we'll most likely sell.

IIRC, the only thing stopping us selling him in January was the lack of time to find a replacement.

:facepalm:

You're right, a striker who can't score goals in the Championship is definitely the answer for a team that don't score goals in the PL.

15NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sounded like Ngog had a decent game last night but the injury doesn't really worry me even though it has left us short on attacking options.

He has never once turned in a match winning performance and is goal ratio is woeful.

Let's see what Eaves and C.Davies can do up front together.

16NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell should be playing, we look more dangerous when he does.

17NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sordell should be playing, we look more dangerous when he does.

I'm surprised you have said that as I think Sordell has done little to impress when he has started in recent games, always been subbed too.

The best I have seen of him was against the 2 premier league sides in the FA cup, other than that he doesn't seem that good.

18NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:02

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

David N'Gog has scored 11 goals in 64 appearances for us, which works out at a goal in every 5.82 games.

Marcos Alonso, our left back has played 30 games and scored 6 goals, which works out at a goal in every 6 games for us.

Basically, N'Gog's goal scoring record is terrible, I wouldn't like us to rely on him, to score our goals in the Premier, If we get promoted.

19NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:13

I don't think he'll ever be a goalscorer, but he was excellent last night and bare in mind that run of games was probably the longest of his professional career, and you could tell he looked sharper and faster than I've seen him.

He will be a loss, thought Craig Davies was good when he came on though I'd go him and Sordell against Boro.

(By the way Alonso's 6 in 30 is a goal every 5 games)

20NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Empty Re: NGOG UPDATE - OUT FOR SEASON. Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wrong thread.

Apologies.

Last edited by doffcocker on Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:37; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: