Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out of contract players from the Premiership and Championship

+17
Keegan
LW23
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
terenceanne
wanderlust
JakeSnake
waynagain
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here are some players who are out of contract at Premiership clubs this summer who could do a job for us:
Christ Brunt, Thomas Hitzelbeger, Danny Simpson, Jermaine Pennant, Gary O'Neill, Yossi Benayoun, Dean Whitehead, Chris Baird, Matthew Kilgallon, DJ Campbell, Lee Camp, Marc Antoine Fortune, Zolten Gera, Clint Hill, Carlton Cole.
A few Championship players out of contract:
Kevin Doyle, Christophe Berra, Paul McShane, Ebanks Blake, Stephen Hunt, Lewis McGugan, Diouf, Danny Murphy, Fitz Hall, Ricardo Fuller.

Who would you look to sign from these?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take K Doyle on a free if we can get rid of Ngog.

I'd take that D Simpson and Jermaine Pennant too.

Diouf anyone. Foe one last hurrah?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Benayoun - he could do a proper job for us

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chris Brunt, Danny Simpson, Gary O'Neill, Yossi Benayoun. Any of those would be quality signings. The big problem is personal terms though.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Benayoun turned us down because he thought he was too good for Bolton - don't give him a chance to prove he's not good enough now.

Pennant could be OK, but is he now any better than Petrov was?

Doyle is better than the poor bunch of strikers we've been linked with so far.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Gera

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dougie is apparently looking for an attacking midfielder. The lad from Palace, Andre Moritz, he's out of contract in August, might be worth a punt.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good players in that list, but unfortunately many of them are coming to the end of their careers and would probably have fairly high salary demands. Gera I would have taken 5 years ago and Benayoun is a great player to have in the team.
But I can't see anyone on this list who I think would be a bargain or anything but a short term solution for us. I don't know if I'm reading too much into Dougie's apparent approach to transfers, but I wouldn't have thought any of these would be in his thinking. Maybe a striker like Cole or Fuller if the price was right? Doubt it though.

I'd have a go on McGugan and DJ Campbell, McGugan will end up signing again for Forest once he realises no prem clubs want him though. I liked Campbell at Blackpool.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

waynagain wrote:Benayoun turned us down because he thought he was too good for Bolton - don't give him a chance to prove he's not good enough now.

Pennant could be OK, but is he now any better than Petrov was?

Doyle is better than the poor bunch of strikers we've been linked with so far.
Wouldn't you say that most Prem players would think they are better than Bolton.....on that basis we would not sign anybody. Benayoun is the only decent player on that list IMO.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

shay given?

Angry Dad wrote:shay given?

I hope not, way past it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Diouf anyone. Foe one last hurrah?

Who Diouf of Foe?

ba dum tishh.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Brunt stands out for me - are WBA really letting him go? He has an excellent left foot and chips in with goals on a regular basis. Also think DJ Campbell is a proven scorer at this level so worth a punt.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If money was not object then i'd take a look at Yossi Benayoun but other players I think who could do a job for us are, Gary O'Neill, Zolten Gera, Kevin Doyle and perhaps Ricardo Fuller.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely Chris brunt and Fortune.

Might aswell go for the hatrick and take Dawson from them too

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Would definitely sign Brunt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie had any sense he'd have Brunt signed up now. There are few players around these days that can actually pass, shoot and put a shift in.

LW23

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

fucking none of that list

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum