You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Marcos alonso - GONE.

Marcos alonso - GONE.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fiorentina have signed full-back Marcos Alonso after the 22-year-old's contract expired with English club Bolton Wanderers.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport has a agreed a contract worth around €700,000 a year until the summer of 2016 and the Viola will make an official announcement shortly.

The defender joined Bolton in 2010 from Real Madrid after making just a solitary La Liga appearance for his home town club.

After a difficult start to his career in England Alonso went on to make 30 appearances in all competitions this season as the side narrowly missed out on a promotion play-off place.

2Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:07

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Best of luck to him. We need to change the forum wallpapaer asap.

3Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
What's the situation in terms of the the death he was supposedly responsible for? Presumably it's all in the past if Fiorentina are happy to pay for him.

Sorry if this question's already been answered.

4Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:17

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Good luck to him,good player who played a lot better once Petrov had fiucked off.Hope he does well.

5Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Waste of money.

Bye.

His family are friends with some important people in Spain. So his drink driving incident never happened.

6Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Overall a shit player for us. Slower than Chris Amos carrying his storybook.

Good riddance, the defence is already better.

7Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:22

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What's the situation in terms of the the death he was supposedly responsible for? Presumably it's all in the past if Fiorentina are happy to pay for him.

Sorry if this question's already been answered.

Turns out that it was actually Owen Coyle who was driving that night, that's why he's not been back to Spain since.

8Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Decent for the last few months but certainly replaceable.

He will be ok in italy IMO, as he has no pace what so ever.

9Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
His wages have surprised me.

Seems he's not a money grabber as I first thought

10Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:34

We'll definitely miss him going forward, be better at the back without him though.

Good luck Marcos.

11Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I thought he was still talking to Hull?

12Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 16:55

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Let's see, play for a team who are 4th in the Italian Serie A, nice sunny weather and a beautiful, cultured city

OR

Play for a team who finished in 7th place in the second tier of English football, in the Jewel of the north that is Bolton

13Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 17:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It was on the cards a couple of months ago, DF will get a replacement so no need to worry.

14Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 17:30

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yet another transfer tragedy for us. I quite rated Alonso towards the end as he was pretty good going forward. Couldn't defend for toffee although that side of his game was improving too. Reminded me of Bibi in terms of playing style and ability. Finally gets round to shaping up and he ships out. Typical Bolton.

15Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I quite rated Alonso towards the end
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Couldn't defend for toffee

:facepalm:

That's the Owen Coyle philosophy on football, buy a defender who can't defend.

16Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 17:56

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I quite rated Alonso towards the end
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Couldn't defend for toffee

:facepalm:

:rofl:

17Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 18:44

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Good luck to the lad. He was OK not great, no big loss.

18Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 19:38

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yet another transfer tragedy for us. I quite rated Alonso towards the end as he was pretty good going forward. Couldn't defend for toffee although that side of his game was improving too. Reminded me of Bibi in terms of playing style and ability. Finally gets round to shaping up and he ships out. Typical Bolton.

Holden and lee will go for fuck all in time as well...

19Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 20:13

Keegan

Keegan
I haven't found any link to Alonso's departure. What's the source, please?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 20:17

@Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Holden and lee will go for fuck all in time as well...

I think you're right about Lee - regardless of if we get promoted or not I think he'll look to move on.

Although both were worth a decent amount before their injuries Im not sure they'd command much these days to be fair.

21Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 20:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You want everything Smile

22Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 20:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've heard he might be off to Hull as Fiorentina wont pay him what we were paying him ?

23Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 21:12

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Alonso was good and one ofthe better left backs we have had for the past few years but obviously no loyalty so let him go. Seeing the club and fans stuck with him after the car incident you would have thought he would have repaid that loyalty. Anyway his replacement, Tierny, is supposed to be pretty decent so its all good!

24Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 21:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Nixon as said (in my words not his) that Alonso does not want another season in the Championship (even though we still were trying to keep him up to last week) but as been shocked that the money he thought he was going to get from other clubs - Fiorentina and Hull - do not even match what he is on with us.

Seems he's sort of backed himself into a corner because we have acted and have now got a replacement for him - he's out of contract and the clubs who are interested in him won't pay anything like what he was on.

Serves him right imo.

25Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 21:34

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nixon as said (in my words not his) that Alonso does not want another season in the Championship (even though we still were trying to keep him up to last week) but as been shocked that the money he thought he was going to get from other clubs - Fiorentina and Hull - do not even match what he is on with us.

Seems he's sort of backed himself into a corner because we have acted and have now got a replacement for him - he's out of contract and the clubs who are interested in him won't pay anything like what he was on.

Serves him right imo.

If this is right id still let him go. Show him same respect hes shown Bolton

26Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 22:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I've only just noticed the bag on his head. Very Happy :clap:

27Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 22:53

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So, he'd rather go somewhere else for less money than play for Bolton?

28Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 22:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He thought he'd get more money, when in fact he's going to get less money...Result Smile

29Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 23:01

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
but he's still going

30Marcos alonso - GONE. Empty Re: Marcos alonso - GONE. on Tue May 28 2013, 23:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Maybe he's getting a hefty signing on fee

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum