Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sponsors leaving us in protest...

+10
doffcocker
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
waynagain
JAH
Reebok Trotter
josh31
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sponsors leaving us in protest...  Empty Sponsors leaving us in protest... Tue Jun 04 2013, 11:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well Gartside, Looks like you messed up here didn't you? Yes Quick Quid possibly offered the 'best' sponsorship deal, however... a massive boycott of shirt sales, fans protesting both at the ground and over social media - now some of our other sponsors are leaving us in droves - Both the PurplePropertyShop and Booths, along with Carr's Pasties (apparently, I have a friend who works for them) have withdrawn sponsorship. Maybe a rethink is in order?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're fucked without the drums.

Dougie out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A massive boycott of shirt sales?

Didn't know the shirt had gone on sale.

and 30 people at the town hall.

Personally i'd say the "protest" had been a damp squib but i might be wrong.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A massive boycott of shirt sales?

Trust me Hipster - shirt sales will be down, a lot.

I wasn't at the "protest" so cant comment - I just know it happened.

You cant argue that all over Facebook, forums and your beloved Twatter, there is a shitstorm.

Other 'smaller' sponsors leaving us may hammer the point home to Uncle Garty that this was maybe not the best move for the club (unless of course he was handed a huge financial incentive by Quick Quid, then obviously, it was...)

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You cant argue that all over Facebook, forums and your beloved Twatter, there is a shitstorm.

Other 'smaller' sponsors leaving us may hammer the point home to Uncle Garty that this was maybe not the best move for the club (unless of course he was handed a huge financial incentive by Quick Quid, that obviously...)

Seems to have been a poor move from the club really, obviously don't know the full financial implications but with sponsors leaving, shirt sales dropping and the general bad press it's caused it surely would have been better to choose Appliances Online as the sponsor.

I did read that Gartside had been opposed to Quick Quid and it had been other board members who pushed for them for the financial benefit. Don't know how much truth there is in that, but Gartside does get all the flack when in reality he's just the face of the board, who knows what he wanted to do.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Other 'smaller' sponsors leaving us may hammer the point home to Uncle Garty that this was maybe not the best move for the club (unless of course he was handed a huge financial incentive by Quick Quid, then obviously, it was...)

I agree I've seen plenty of tweets moaning about it, but i did see the same with the 188 bet pick up.

and we had the same whinging and whining when Davies was released.

fans just love a good moan.

I'm not saying It's great to have QuickQuid, in fact, i'd much rather something more savoury but unfortunately football is focussed on money 1st these days, fans are slowly moving down the list.

Lets just say hypothetically the difference between quick quid and the local sponsor is getting us a years wages for a player who helps us into the playoffs/top 2? I doubt many fans would be up in arms about that and request we forfeit.

time to move on i think. Sad but true.

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

4,304 signatures on the petition says a lot for a club like ours

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Statistics show that around only 1% of people who feel strongly about something will actually get off their backside and go out and protest.

That suggests there could be 6000 pissed off BWFC fans out of an average of around 18,000.

If you think that amounts to nothing you are a bigger fool than I thought. And I already thought you were a big fool.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know times are hard but this is a massive own goal by the board. No consultation with fans and other sponsors by the looks of it. Whoever rubber stamped this deal is a clueless, ignorant, complete Pillock.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wonder if this board room departure has anything to do with the QQ issue. Bolton Wanderers announce Director of Communications Mark Alderton has left the football club.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I agree I've seen plenty of tweets moaning about it, but i did see the same with the 188 bet pick up.

and we had the same whinging and whining when Davies was released.

fans just love a good moan.

I'm not saying It's great to have QuickQuid, in fact, i'd much rather something more savoury but unfortunately football is focussed on money 1st these days, fans are slowly moving down the list.

Lets just say hypothetically the difference between quick quid and the local sponsor is getting us a years wages for a player who helps us into the playoffs/top 2? I doubt many fans would be up in arms about that and request we forfeit.

time to move on i think. Sad but true.

or half of Gartsides wages

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly could not give a shit who sponsors us.

It's been done to death, shut up about it now

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Carr's Pasties pull out, you know it's serious.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

You can't beat a carrs pasty

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot of it boils down to class. The club already has a dog eat dog reputation for it's handling of off field matters. So it was predictable that instead of being one of the clubs with enough class and social responsibility interest to turn these companies down, they took the money and ran.

There are people on both sides of the argument that don't know what they're arguing about. On one side, there's the Gartside haters who've heard he's been a tit and jumped on the bandwagon. On the other, there's the sycophants that would probably be saying the same things if we put a swastika on the shirt.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think out of respect they should fuck the sponsor off, apologise to the fans , then get a proper sponsor like Wonger.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It wouldn't surprise me if Gartside put a swastika on the shirt

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has the club actually commented on this situation - if they haven't that's pretty shabby.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

They said QQ will be the new sponsor. They never respond to the fans because the fans are unimportant.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Has the club actually commented on this situation - if they haven't that's pretty shabby.

Not one comment from the Club, Phil Gartside or even QQ with regards to the furore that this is causing - even getting into The Independent during the week. And yet no truth or denial from anyone that we were actually QQ's second choice after they were laughed at by the Owls!!!!

There is, supposedly, a 2nd protest - with better notification this time rather than less than 24 hours - outside Bolton Central on Saturday on the 1st day of the sale of the shirt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum