Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The PROTEST - verdict.

+10
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Growler
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 05:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some protest organised last night.

According to the organisers there were about 4000 fans outside waiting to get in before the match.

Also some signs were erected in the ground and some balls were thrown on the pitch.

What was everyone's verdict? Do you think this will have the desired effect and Ken will simply walk out?

Regards.

HN.

2The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 06:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No- I don't think it will affect Ken in the slightest but it raised the profile of the club's problems to a much wider audience. Minimal damage done to the club but a higher profile about the issues is the outcome.
Anderson won't give a monkeys as BWFC is just a business venture for him.

3The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 06:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 36 tennis balls in my knickers were confiscated.

4The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 06:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:The 36 tennis balls in my knickers were confiscated.

Did you extricate them yourself or did you let a big burly steward get them out for you?

5The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 06:45

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think it was the best organised protest there has ever been at Bolton, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people up for it.It wasn't a handful of cranks as the Anderson apologists would have loved it to have been but several hundred if not a thousand and more protesting about the amount of money he and his idiot son are taking from the club.There were banners and many photocopied posters being handed out

Ken has already shown he is a coward by not attending a match since November, and not having the balls to speak to Talksport or Sky, I would think someone lacking the balls  to front up to the fans and media will be upping his exit strategy.
Comparisons have been made with Blackpool, but i'm afraid for Ken that Bolton is a bigger club with a more hostile crowd than Blackpool is

6The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 06:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet there are a few still stuck up there!

7The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 07:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was surprised with the number who took part in the march, when i got to the ground at around 7.15 there were around 500 around the Lofthouse statue but the number grew considerably by the time they did the lap of the stadium.
The stuff that happened in the ground with the female steward being punched and coins being thrown at the grounds staff were completely unacceptable and whoever did this should be banned from the ground for years.
As for Kenocchio i'm sure in his next rambling communication he will say that it was a tiny minority and then rip into people on a personal level as he is prone to doing recently.

8The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 07:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps that only thing it did - and could achieve was to make Anderson aware of the weight of feeling and frustration about his tenure and that it's not just a handful of moonmen like me who want him gone.

He will probably be slightly upset that there was no King Ken counter demonstration. His next press release will be interesting - will he ignore it or try to play it down?

What I hope it will achieve is to encourage him to stop playing the (alleged Very Happy ) twat at the negotiation table and do a deal that is good for the club rather than him personally, but i'm not banking on it.

9The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 07:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'd have been less obvious in your mouth. Wink

10The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 07:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:He will probably be slightly upset that there was no King Ken counter demonstration.

There was, in Slough town centre.

11The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

But you only put 34 tennis balls in?

Shocked

12The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a tiny minority to be fair.

14000 attended the game and apparently 4000 attended the "protest."

It would have been more interesting if something other than tennis balls were thrown too.

13The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It was a tiny minority to be fair.

It would have been more interesting if something other than tennis balls were thrown too.
Such as? don't you realise that it's a banning and criminal offence to throw objects onto a football pitch.

14The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:

Such as? don't you realise that it's a banning and criminal offence to throw objects onto a football pitch.

Who cares? 

Something harder to clean up.

Paint, flares, animals for e.g.

15The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slippers.

16The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Something harder to clean up.

Upon reflection, perhaps a ferret down my knickers might have been a better idea.

17The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Who cares? 

Something harder to clean up.

They threw coins on the pitch whilst trying to hit the groundsman removing the tennis balls (and before they punched the lady steward).

Does that count?

18The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 09:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nothing like 14000 there.
It was more like 9000. Vast swathes of the stadium were vacant and in most others apart form knobend corner there was only a smattering of people.

19The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 10:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Attack on steward and coin throwing at groundsman amongst incidents being investigated by the police and the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20The PROTEST - verdict.  Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 10:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Attack on steward and coin throwing at groundsman amongst incidents being investigated by the police and the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum