Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The PROTEST - verdict.

+10
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Growler
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 18:43

Glad to see the protest didn’t disappoint, what an embarrassment for the club if we couldn’t muster a response given what’s happening.

Will it have an affect? No, but we know Ken hates bad press so perhaps it will lessen his demands (no idea what they are) and hasten his departure.

22The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 19:10

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is throwing a coin on the pitch as serious as fiddling the VAT?

23The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 19:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:Is throwing a coin on the pitch as serious as fiddling the VAT?

Are you really saying you support hooligans throwing missiles at people who are there only to do their jobs???

It's clear you have issues with KA but you have really lost the plot if you think committing a violent act towards some innocent club employee is ok because in your head Anderson is a crook.

You need to give your head a good shake.

Rolling Eyes

24The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Are you really saying you support hooligans throwing missiles at people who are there only to do their jobs???

He didn't say that.

25The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 19:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Are you really saying you support hooligans throwing missiles at people who are there only to do their jobs???

He didn't say that.

I know what he said but he clearly was asking whether one illegal act was worse than another.

Both should be condemned and not made light of just because he's got a bee in his bonnet about Anderson.

26The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 20:15

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's deleted his tweet. Reliability of his claims disputed by his own employer.

27The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 20:18

Sluffy wrote:
Both should be condemned and not made light of just because he's got a bee in his bonnet about Anderson.

Call me old fashioned but I like to wait for all the facts, not just some bloke off Twitter.

28The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 20:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:He's deleted his tweet. Reliability of his claims disputed by his own employer.

He's replaced his tweet with a 'keep it zipped' emoticon which some have taken to imply the club had asked him to remove it whilst they are investigating the matter.

"Bolton will investigate a number of incidents, including the assault of a steward, which took place during Monday's 2-0 home defeat to West Brom.
A female steward is alleged to have been attacked by a fan and a number of coins were aimed at groundstaff from the stands at the University of Bolton Stadium".

29The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 20:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Call me old fashioned but I like to wait for all the facts, not just some bloke off Twitter.

It's taken from a club statement to Sky.

Better luck on your trolling next time.

Cool

30The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 21:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:It was a tiny minority to be fair.

14000 attended the game and apparently 4000 attended the "protest."

It would have been more interesting if something other than tennis balls were thrown too.
Such as? don't you realise that it's a banning and criminal offence to throw objects onto a football pitch.

Who cares? 

Something harder to clean up.

Paint, flares, animals for e.g.

They threw coins on the pitch whilst trying to hit the groundsman removing the tennis balls (and before they punched the lady steward).

Does that count?

No I wanted something difficult to clean up that would have delayed the game for hours.

If you're going to protest.. make an impact.

31The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 22:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dirty protest Hipster?

32The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 23:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:He's deleted his tweet. Reliability of his claims disputed by his own employer.
Who made the claim that a steward was attacked? Was it Anderson or one of his lackeys in order to discredit the character of concerned fans? Was it an employee of Anderson's who made the claim? Is there any evidence that it actually happened? Just asking.

33The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Tue Jan 22 2019, 23:21

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Whoever took it upon themselves to ask the two stewards to go into that section to remove the banner wants sacking. 
It also seems that Parky had been briefed by Anderson today with his post match comments about the protest. The players weren't affected by the protest and to be fair put in another shift, albeit fruitless again. 
There's still a chance of staying up and hopefully more protests too.

34The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw a video taken from the away end of knobhead corner on facebook last night and there was a lot going on by the looks. Lots of punches thrown and pushing and shoving between fans and stewards.

35The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 09:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to remove the banners.

Free speech is banned by the club.

36The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 09:49

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Deleting a tweet is a sure sign he regrets posting it. Telling a lie would be one explanation for that

37The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 10:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sit in the section next to knobhead corner and was watching when the tennis balls came on and i never saw any coins or any of the ground staff reacting as if they had been hit by one.

38The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:41

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:
Deleting a tweet is a sure sign he regrets posting it. Telling a lie would be one explanation for that

Was my first thought too

39The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 13:01

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:I sit in the section next to knobhead corner and was watching when the tennis balls came on and i never saw any coins or any of the ground staff reacting as if they had been hit by one.
Same here and it is maybe worth saying that it wasn't only that section of the ground protesting.There was loud singing in praise of John McGinlay from the North Stand/other end of the ESL.
From my seat in the ESU I could also see someone with an Anderson out banner in the WSL.

40The PROTEST - verdict.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The PROTEST - verdict. Wed Jan 23 2019, 13:04

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Few in the north stand too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum