Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt?

+10
observer
MartinBWFC
chipbutty
Lyric Todkill
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I seem to remember him saying he'd like to return to England after his loan spell in Spain. Ourselves and Blackburn were mentioned as he wants to stay in the north west..

Now he's been released by city, would you take him?

2Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He would want too much money.

3Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would take him, but as the drunk above says, he'd want too much dosh.

4Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much money do you think he'd want ?

I bet he'd want 65k at the least.

5Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I would take him, but as the drunk above says, he'd want too much dosh.

You are funny sometimes.

I wouldn't want him.

6Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 18:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one will offer him what he was on at city. He'll have to take a cut

7Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 19:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll do it...
He's shit, too lightweight.

In truth though, id grab him, without doubt.

Pay him big (ish) money, he will bag 25 goals in the championship.

Never happen though.

8Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No thanks! He's well past his sell buy date.

9Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:44

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

decent player

At the right price, yes

10Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sat Jun 08 2013, 01:57

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

SA knew that City wanted him so held out till Mark Hughes up't his bid to £19mill then hardly played him.
But that's City for you, they paid £22million for Lescott.

11Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sat Jun 08 2013, 02:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chipbutty wrote:SA knew that City wanted him so held out till Mark Hughes up't his bid to £19mill then hardly played him.
Do you reckon we could get City interested in Knight and Mills, got to be worth £30m for the two.

12Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sat Jun 08 2013, 02:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
chipbutty wrote:SA knew that City wanted him so held out till Mark Hughes up't his bid to £19mill then hardly played him.
Do you reckon we could get City interested in Knight and Mills, got to be worth £30m for the two.
I guess you mean we would have to pay them 30 million to have them take them off our hands.

13Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sat Jun 08 2013, 12:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He scored a good goal last night...... he won't put a "shift" in but has quality IMO.

14Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sat Jun 08 2013, 15:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How come all the "worth a punt" threads recently are suggesting players that have already been around the higher English leagues? It's depressing. Surely we don't want to be aiming for (possibly expensive, possibly past it) sloppy seconds? We're supposedly rebuilding on a low budget aren't we? We already have a bunch of "stopgap" journeymen who can do a decent if unspectacular job at this level, but I thought the idea was to supplement the squad with a better quality of talent.
On our budget, that means three possible lines of enquiry: Youngsters that are not already on the books of big clubs or that can be brought in cheaply like the two we got last month, relatively undiscovered (in the UK) affordable talent looking for a break like Medo or CYL, or discarded older talented players who have still got something to prove and are willing to take a wage cut to prove it like Okocha, Djorkieff and Hierro.
Cruz would theoretically be in the latter group but he isn't quite top class so I wouldn't consider him unless he had a phenomenal attitude and was willing to work for peanuts.
Tierney was bought as a journeyman stopgap but I reckon we already have enough of them so I'm really hoping that when the window opens, Dougie will be focussed on getting players from one or more of the 3 groups who can really make a difference and propel us forwards.
Just saying that at a time when we need some inspired signings and for some of our prospects to step up, the "worth a punt" suggestions are generally uninspiring or unrealistic.
I thought Medo was an inspired signing. Not shown us anything exceptional yet but it's clear he's a good player and we got him for an affordable price so I think there's hope for us in the transfer market.

15Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sun Jun 09 2013, 00:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If by punt you mean an Irish pound, then yes he might be worth taking a look at.

16Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sun Jun 09 2013, 12:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd offer him 25k a week if we could fuckoff Ngog.

I don't think he'd come for that though.

17Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sun Jun 09 2013, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only time in his entire career that he has returned a decent goal tally is when he was at Rovers. That apart he's failed miserably. When he went back to Rovers on loan he scored ZERO goals in 9 starts and he's done f*** all since.
Add to that the fact that he does no work for the team and it's obvious he's not as good as Ngog and I'd be gobsmacked if Dougie even looked at the lazy tosspot.

18Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sun Jun 09 2013, 16:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Probably the worst grammatical error I've seen on a forum. And I post on Wanderers Mad. Your position in the Grammar Police is fast becoming untenable.

19Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Roque Santa Cruz - Worth a punt? Sun Jun 09 2013, 17:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never struck me as a player worthy of the money paid for him.

bit of a lump really.

obviously won't be coming here, thank goodness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum