Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What things do you think are overpriced

+12
gloswhite
Dinae Moe Humm
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
waynagain
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I always have thought that ready made sandwiches are ridiculously overpriced, 2 slices of bread and a dollop of filling for around £2.50, it's daylight robbery.

I also think a pint of lager at the pub is crazy. £3.40 I paid last week for a pint of Export. That works out at about £6 a litre, 4 times the cost of a litre of unleaded! How can that be right?

Champagne is also stupidly priced. £25 minimum for a 750ml bottle, you are basically paying a quid per shot of champagne, I know it's a nice drink but that is stupid!

My last pick is the old pick and mix, you get like 20 what look like penny sweets and it comes to £3.20. Wtf. You are seriously paying like 15p per penny sweet. Ludicrous!

What things do you find grossly overpriced?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Petrol
Electricity
Water
Milk
Public Transport fares
Taxi prices

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Blu Ray dvds, that life of Pi at the moment is £15!,,,Give it a month and it will be £5.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Since when has Champagne been 'a nice drink'?

No one likes champagne, it's just a drink that you're meant to have at special gatherings.

It tastes a bit like Andrews mixed with dry white wine.

We did used to have a glass of Fucks Bizz (Bucks Fizz) Christmas day morning but the orange juice took the champagne taste away.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

UK Airport Departure Tax - most expensive in the world and no wonder tourism figures are down 2nd year in a row!!!!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love champagne, ice cold it tastes fantastic on a hot day.
I think you need quite a mature pallet to appreciate it. You stick to your iron bru.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Totally agree with taxis 71. You get some poor bastard working for an hour in a shop for £6 and a taxi driver only has to drive you for 4 minutes to charge you that. He has only used about 50p of petrol.

Pizzas are overpriced too. I got a takeaway pizza not long ago, think I paid about £11 for it - for a bit of dough, tomato purée, mozzarella and a few bits of pepperoni. Wtf!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:

Pizzas are overpriced too. I got a takeaway pizza not long ago, think I paid about £11 for it - for a bit of dough, tomato purée, mozzarella and a few bits of pepperoni. Wtf!

Too true, Dominoes are the worst for that IMO.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Having alcohol virtually ice cold nullifies a lot of the flavour.

That says it all.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Copper Dragon wrote:Having alcohol virtually ice cold nullifies a lot of the flavour.

That says it all.

Don't get smart with me copper dragon or I'll come down so hard on you that you'll have to reach up to tie your shoe laces.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd only have to slap you the once Michael and you'd end up on a drip in Venezuela.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Printer ink is one of the most overpriced items on the planet

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sandwiches from retail outlets are what they are as everything sold has to contribute to the overheads (staff, premises and other business costs) so that's understandable.
What gets me are things that the Government tax heavily in an undisguised bid to generate revenue. Booze and fags tax would be understandable if the revenue generated went directly into what's left of the NHS - the cause of health expense would pay for itself so that's logical - but the revenue doesn't go there.
But domestic and agricultural diesel have trebled in price in the last 12 years - and 80% of the rise has been tax increases. In urban areas, there are alternatives to oil, but if you live in a rural area you have no choice other than to pay through the nose to heat the house or sell up and move to the city. Young people born in the country can't afford to live there anymore and old people are being forced out. The effect is to clear rural areas to create a playground for the middle-aged rich. Social engineering by taxation IMO.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:I love champagne, ice cold it tastes fantastic on a hot day.
I think you need quite a mature pallet to appreciate it. You stick to your iron bru.

Il be honest im a big wine drinker, however I don't rate champagne (or any of its regional cousins like cava) either, I never have.

Its bizarre because i love Chablis which is also very dry.

I did have a glass of Laurent Perrier rose at my parents house at Christmas and it wasn't that bad, I just dont really rate the stuff.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I love champagne, ice cold it tastes fantastic on a hot day.

Il be honest im a big wine drinker, however I don't rate champagne (or any of its regional cousins like cava) either, I never have.

Its bizarre because i love Chablis which is also very dry.

I did have a glass of Laurent Perrier rose at my parents house at Christmas and it wasn't that bad, I just dont really rate the stuff.

It's fizzy pop to me, but the girls love it. Prosecco and Sekt are central to their diet.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The cost of greetings cards has always pissed me off to the point where I started telling shopkeepers their cards were a rip-off. Not so long ago you were being asked to pay £3 for a standard sized card in most shops.

Thankfully the introduction to the market of Poundland and one or two others has really brought the price down in the last couple of years. Still a rip-off in many places though. Make a stand folks, don't be ripped off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The most obvious one is the price to get into a football match. Fucking rip-off.

£30+ to watch 22 men(ish) run around for 90 minutes. If you actually sit down and think about it few things are more of a rip-off. You wouldn't pay £30 to watch a film at the cinema yet they provide warmth, comfy seats, a better view, proper toilets, decent food etc.

Make a stand folks, don't be ripped off.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disposable razor blades.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Weed.

wanderlust

wanderlust