Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes?

+27
TheHateCamel
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
MartinBWFC
aaron_bwfc
Lbj
scottjames30
Hip Priest
ROGUEMANNY
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Jamster26
Sluffy
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Culcheth_White
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 08:45

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yep! This isn't a wind-up! According to the Sunday People, we're going to bid £9 million for Jordan Rhodes and Dougie has the backing of Eddie Davies as well.

Also, If we don't sign Rhodes, we're going to bid for Charlie Austin.

Other news, Trent Sainsbury(defender) is flying over for talks with us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's season ticket push time then! They'll be a fax in someone's pocket! Not a chance of this but would love it to be true!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Yep! This isn't a wind-up! According to the Sunday People, we're going to bid £9 million for Jordan Rhodes and Dougie has the backing of Eddie Davies as well.

Please stop. There's more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Realms of fantasy  -  a few serious rumours wouldn't go amiss

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Yep! This isn't a wind-up! According to the Sunday People, we're going to bid £9 million for Jordan Rhodes and Dougie has the backing of Eddie Davies as well.

Please stop. There's more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes.
My mole is better than your mole!king

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NIXON - 10 minutes ago - Rhodes is the big one. Time to make the attempt. Wee Eddie backing it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable. More Nixon bollocks.

If this comes true I will put each and every one of you on the board of Whittam International.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Love this to be true.

I think it's plausible to be fair, surely we'd need Ngog off the wages if we were to though.

I'd be amazed if Blackburn sold, there's be a riot. Having said that the Venkys are morons and seem to have lost faith in their investment, maybe looking to recoup some of their lost millions?

10£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 10:39

@MarcIles: Right. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Jordan Rhodes isn't coming to #bwfc for £9m. Would love to be wrong, but I'm not.

11£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 10:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles doesn't actually say we are not in for him - merely not in for him at £9 million.

Mire tweets from Nixon -

Money is money. Rovers have not sold any of the ones they want rid of - or shifted many big earners.

Rovers are running with big debts and need to get their payroll down too. So that gives u a chance.

There's a way of doing it ... Rovers only paid 2.5m so far. Due to pay 5.5m more.

(Blackburn) Can't get rid of Robinson Murphy Etuhu. That's about 100k a week sitting on their asses.

There's a way of doing it. If it doesn't work, move on. Dougie been a Rhodes fan for years ...

Pay what Rovers owe ... and put extras on top in bonuses. Works all round.

Q - Marc Iles has just basically rubbished the Rhodes rumours, thoughts?

Nixon - I prefer to do my own tales ... and that seems to have worked well enough.

12£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 10:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats another candle pissed on Sad

13£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 11:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'd be a great signing and the 20+ goals a season would become a reality.

14£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 11:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn are losing money hand over fist. Season ticket sales are at an all time low. I can see Blackburn selling Rhodes for £8 million but would they sell him to us? Highly unlikely.

I can't weigh Blackburn up tbh. They have just Gazumped Wolves by matching their £1 million bid for Crewe midfielder Luke Murphy.

15£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 11:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT,
I'm not sure of the logic here. If the Venkys want to cash in on Rhodes- why would they care about selling him to us? It's not like they are aware of decades -old animosity. To them we'd be just one more club.
The real question is whether, when they off-load Rhodes would he want to come to us,or would he set his sights higher this time?
I don't think the Venkys would give a monkeys who they sold too -as long as they got their chicken lickin' fingers on the money.

16£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 11:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:RT,
I'm not sure of the logic here. If the Venkys want to cash in on Rhodes- why would they care about selling him to us? It's not like they are aware of decades -old animosity. To them we'd be just one more club.
The real question is whether, when they off-load Rhodes would he want to come to us,or would he set his sights higher this time?
I don't think the Venkys would give a monkeys who they sold too -as long as they got their chicken lickin' fingers on the money.

I agree with you but Rhodes is the only reason why Blackburn didn't get relegated. It makes no business sense whatsoever to sell your top goalscorer if you want to challenge for promotion.

17£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this is wishful thinking at very best.

18£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

please God let it be true! He would score 20+ for us no problem

19£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS will not be making a record-busting move for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.
One report in the Sunday People claimed that Dougie Freedman was willing to break the £8.2m club record fee paid to Toulouse for Johan Elmander to recruit the Scotland international from Ewood Park.
But The Bolton News[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]understands that such a move is not on the cards, and that Freedman is looking to pursue other targets.
Rhodes was signed only last summer for £8m and has been linked with moves to Fulham, West Ham and Hull City this summer.

Rovers boss Gary Bowyer has stated publicly that he does not want to sell the 23-year-old hot-shot, who scored 28 goals in a struggling team last season.
“He's happy where he is,” Bowyer told the Lancashire Telegraph.
“I spoke to him and I just wished him all the best as he went away for the international game before he comes back to us. Jordan is not for sale.”
When asked if that was at any price, Bowyer said: “For me it is, certainly the conversation I had with the owners was that he was not for sale.
“You read about interest from Hull in the papers and you're always going to get speculation about your best players.

“Manchester United couldn't hang on to Cristiano Ronaldo, so every player has their price.”

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:18; edited 1 time in total

20£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is he the answer to all the problems and therefore worthy of a bid larger than the budget we should be working on?

No.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum