Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE

+2
wanderlust
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Mon Feb 27 2012, 14:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton defender Paul Robinson could be set for a loan move to Leeds United after falling out of favour at the Reebok Stadium.

Robinson has been pushed out of the first-team picture after some below par performances and with Marcos Alonso set to return to fitness and challenge Sam Ricketts for the left-back spot, Owen Coyle is happy to loan him out.

New Leeds boss Neil Warnock is keen to bolster his defence as the Yorkshire outfit push for the play-offs and Robinson is said to be on his list of possible targets.
Robinson looks certain to leave the Reebok in the summer no matter which division the Trotters find themselves in and a loan move to Elland Road could give him an excellent opportunity to earn a permanent deal.

Coyle has already loaned out Sean Davis to Bristol City, while there is every chance striker Robbie Blake could also be on the move if Birmingham firm up their interest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:15; edited 1 time in total

2Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Mon Feb 27 2012, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dead wood - with the possible exception of Sean Davis who is potentially a great squad player if he finds his form again.

3Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Paul Robinson is in dismal form compared with last season. A lot like Kevin Davies. It's hard to imagine him regaining his best form again at 34. A lot like Kevin Davies.

4Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Unlike Davis and Davies I honestly think you will never see Robbo in a white shirt again, from the outside looking in I also think he has had words with OC as he was dropped very quickly from the whole team let alone the starting 11.

5Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never at all been a Robinson fan. At no point have I thought he's been good enough and he just generally irritates me.

Good riddance, but no real hard feelings.

6Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson was always committed but he was found wanting against pacey forwards. A decent workmanlike pro, i wish him well for the future as long as it isn't at Bolton.

7Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Empty Re: Robinson to Leeds? - UPDATE Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He wants to stay at Bolton and battle for his place!

LEEDS United are refusing to give up in their chase to sign Wanderers full-back Paul Robinson on loan.

Neil Warnock has pin-pointed the experienced defender as the ideal man to add steel to his dressing room at Elland Road but has so far been given little encouragement by the player himself.

Robinson is keen to fight for his place under Owen Coyle, having been first-choice left-back up until the end of last year.

Sam Ricketts’ return from injury saw the 33-year-old drop down to the bench, barring two appearances against Macclesfield Town in the FA Cup, and Marcos Alonso’s return to fitness in recent weeks has added even more competition for the shirt.

It is understood Wanderers are willing to allow Robinson to leave on loan, with a recall clause, and that two other Championship clubs have also enquired about his services.

An agreement is still some way off, although sources in Yorkshire are suggesting Leeds are pinning their hopes on Robinson after negotiations with Leicester City’s Matt Mills stalled.

Championship clubs have until the end of March to complete emergency loans, but Warnock wants a man in place as quickly as possible to revive flagging hopes of a play-off berth.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum