Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Odemwingie deal collapses

+4
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Barryjw
wanderlust
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 15:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So a proposed move to Al Nasr (£850k bid rejected) has fallen through leaving the striker that nobody wants in limbo - again. He's back in training with WBA reserves even though he's been told he's not wanted.
The thing is he can score goals.
Is it inconceivable that a strong manager could get his head sorted, resist stupid wage demands and get him playing again? He could definitely be a short-term fix for a team like us hoping to contend for promotion.

2Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 15:37

He'd be one of our best players, even though he's 32 now. 

Judging by the silence on the new arrivals front I think we're close to budget on our wage bill, we need to move players out now. So his demands (not to mention the £850k fee) would probably be out of our price range and I'd be amazed if none of the recently promoted clubs/QPR don't go for him.

3Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 15:41

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Odemwingie is delusional! I don't think we need discontent in the dressing room, got a big enough job on this season

4Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 15:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Odemwingie is delusional! I don't think we need discontent in the dressing room, got a big enough job on this season

Is it inconceivable that a strong manager could get his head sorted, resist stupid wage demands and get him playing again?
I guess you're saying it is.

5Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:07

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think the fact that British clubs are not queueing up to sign this ageing little scrote answers the question.

6Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been hoping that we sign rhodes all summer but now I think about it I don't think we will need another striker, confident that beckford and Sordell can fire us to promotion.

The real worry for me is defence, we need to splash a bit to bring Dawson or another quality CB in, after our pre season I think the board will realise we need a CB.

7Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog, Beckford, Sordell, CDavies and Eaves is a potentially great bunch to choose from. Each just needs time and nurturing.

I wouldn't dream of bringing another striker in.

8Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope our strikers can hack it too, but seeing as Beckford is the only addition in that department I don't think we can bank on many more goals than last season - although Hall looks like he could create a few.

9Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:12

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No, thanks.

10Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No way.

If we've got that kind of cash I would rather have a good CB.

11Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 19:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought he was younger than 32 to be honest, still no.

I see where Wanderlust is coming from, if a manager could sort him out he would be good asset, sadly I think his agent has already got his claws into him so he will always go for the money. If he had any ambition he would take a wage cut to join a team similar to ourselves, instead of Al Nasr (whoever they are).

12Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 19:07

To be honest, being 32 i don't think he'd be any trouble. He was obviously after one last pay cheque with QPR and acted like a twat to try and get it, all of his misdemeanours have centred around him wanting to get paid more. His next move is likely to be his last, nobody will be trying to sign a 33 year old in a years time.

Doesn't matter though because we wouldn't be able to get him anyway.

13Odemwingie deal collapses Empty Re: Odemwingie deal collapses Wed Jul 24 2013, 19:30

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Doesn't matter though because we wouldn't be able to get him anyway.
Exactly!Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum