Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Spearing SIGNS!

+16
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
JakeSnake
Born to be a wanderer
Lifeofriley
Barryjw
doffcocker
Triumph
Boggersbelief
TheHateCamel
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BREAKING NEWS: Jay Spearing is set to undergo a medical this afternoon after ‪Bolton‬ and Liverpool agreed a deal for his transfer.

Spearing spent the most recent campaign on loan with Bolton and Dougie Freedman now looks set to add the midfielder to his squad on a permanent basis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Awesome news!!

4Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:47

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Brilliant news !!!!:clap:

5Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:55

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Excellent!!!

6Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 12:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fantastic News!

7Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 13:15

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Freedman has jumped a 100% in my estimation. And my opinion of him was quite high to begin with! 
This is fantastic news.
Now for a centre back!

8Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 13:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hall....Medo...Spearing...Eagles

Pratley/Moritz

Not a bad midfield, I can't help but think this wouldn't have come off if Holden wasn't injured though.

9Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 13:32

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I agree, atleast this softens the blow of losing Holden.

10Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 13:44

Good signing, credit to Gartside and Dougie obviously haven't seen the figures yet but I imagine they've got him for a good price given that he's in the last year of his contract.

He's also dropped his wage demands to get the move apparently, the players clearly believe in Dougie and the clubs ambition.

11Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 14:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully we get him in in time for reading then we can drop that curly haired useless sack of shit

12Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 15:10

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Excellent. Shame we can't make him Captain.

13Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot depends on the price. Spearing was fairly poor for most of the season, yet some people are under the impression that he's irreplaceable.

I'd say the good business limit on this is £2m.

14Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:20

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think poor is abit harsh, to be honest.

15Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He, like so many of our players improved when Dougie came in IMO, to say he was poor though is far from accurate.

His ability to put his foot on the ball and keep composure is key to our midfield.

16Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

His distribution was basic and he often went missing in games.
It was only around February that he began to make a real impact, from my point of view.

If he picks up where he left off, it will be a fantastic signing at around the £2m mark.

17Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It seems this transfer has come straight out of Eddie's back pocket, this is what Dougie has just said in his press-conference:-

“Hopefully by tea-time tonight we’ll have the fantastic news that we’ve captured his signature.''

''I’d like to thank the board and the owner for making it happen. Means a lot to me as a coach and to the fans.''

''He’s at the right age in his career, he wants to come here, and has shown the hunger and the desire that he wants to succeed."

18Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doff cocker is right. Spearing was nothing more than average the first half of the season, his performances soon picked up under freedman and he was very good from the turn of the year.

19Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 16:50

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Although the fee is said to be undisclosed the"Liverpool Echo" report it to be in the region of £1.75 million.

20Official: Spearing SIGNS! Empty Re: Official: Spearing SIGNS! Thu Aug 08 2013, 17:27

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I thought under Coyle he was still one of the stand out players. Always talking to his team and he still gave 100%. there's only one or two games when i thought he was poor. Certainly doesn't go missing as much as Mark Davies does. Great work from Dougie and, as much as it pains me to say it, the board on getting him back. Andrews to Blackpool now perhaps?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum