Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well that could have been a lot worse...

+10
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
gloswhite
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
xmiles
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So we've finished that little run of "tough games" and incredibly we're still not bottom. Baggies winning hasn't helped our cause but the fun starts here.

OC is optimistic but I am still not overly confident we'll make it but we'll know pretty soon. That defence needs to shape up quick style and start playing as a unit - City could/should have scored a hatful today but Balotelli in particular seemed to have forgotten where the goal is, apart from the tap in he had.

Still not looking threatening up front either, or at least not often enough.

However I get a feeling that the run of "tough games" has been on the players minds, so maybe there's a chance they'll man up a bit now.

So bring on the business end of the season and let's see how it goes.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

With Pratley and Knight on and Muamba playing 4 minutes (why?) losing 2-0 wasn't too bad, but how many of us believe Coyle will pick the best team to win these vital matches? Look what happened when we hosted Wigan - our "easiest" game all season.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They are a bunch of Soft Cúnts™. City was finding players at will in the 18 yard box and it was woeful shooting and luck why we didn't go down by four or five goals. Granted, our entire team probably cost about the same or less than Kun Aguero and you get what you pay for. That doesn't, however, excuse not doing the basics adequately. Roll on the next game...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Saw the full game in the Pub, thought the team selection was wrong. after a shaky start and a few good saves by Bogdan, thought we had a decent first half. Own goal by Steinsson changed that.

Second half, again, Bogdan saved us early on.
Two pluses for me today, Bogden and Ryo.

Putting it Simply, if we don't get 2 wins out of our next 2 games, i'll finally give up any hope of staying up.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Disagree that City should of had 4 or 5 goals,

they did destroy us for the first ten mins but the rest of the first half we were very competitive, and really could have got a goal, ryos saved shot and N'gogs attempt from the reo-coker assist were good chances

Second half we were worse, lost the believe and just sat deep, but lets be honest, if we had going forward or brought a second striker on then they would have just scored more.

Their goals were a bit lucky in themselves, so yes they should have finished some others but they were also very lucky with the ones they did get.

We definitely deserved to lose but I think our performance could of been a lot worse and has been earlier in the season..

2-0 is better than most of the predictions, so lets look ahead and stay in the league!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty's right,the performance could have been worse and at least we didn't lose 10-0 as I predicted.

Once again results went for us with none of QPR, Blackburn or Wigan winning very winnable home games. We have by far the easiest run in and under any other manager I would be confident of staying up.

But Coyle is inept. He still doesn't know who his best players are, and until he actually gets some firepower on the pitch we are fucked.

I'd actually revert to 4-4-2 against QPR and play Sordell & Klasnic together. In recent weeks we simply haven't looked like scoring, Ngog is shite - let's just accept it and move on.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Balotelli should have scored a hattrick. He hit the post very early on and then we let a very soft ball get squared to him virtually in the six yard box and he missed. With the two eventually scored, that's 4 goals right there.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2-0 was a fair result.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:2-0 was a fair result.

Are you ill? That's your shortest post ever LH!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Had 12 pints at the rugby and 3 hours sleep last night. Even though both my RL and football teams have lost, I am still happy. Won £1,195 on rugby bets last night. I rule!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You rule indeed.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wish I'd come with you LH. Instead of wininning over a grand, I paid out £1014 for work on my car !

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I detest the sight of coyle,go away you stupid prick. Evil or Very Mad

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could have been a helluva lot worse. Last season Birmingham and Blackpool both got relegated with 39 points and West Ham with 33.Wolves survived with 40 points and that target is still not beyond us this season but Coyle needs to get his tactics right.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did you go?

We were lucky not to let 4 goals in in the first few minutes. It really could've been double figures.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes I did go.

Whilst they could have scored a couple in the first 5 minutes, I thought that any more than 2-0 would have flattered them.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Did you go?

We were lucky not to let 4 goals in in the first few minutes. It really could've been double figures.

Double figures? maybe if we had no keeper so all their shots on target went in, but going of that logic we would have netted 5..

we played top and lost 2-0, we were competitive the first half after the initial 10 mins, second we were worse but to be honest I think a few people on here have gotten a bit to used to us letting in 4-5 goals and seem to think that in other games the opposition put away every chance they get...

They missed some sitters but the goals they got were a very lucky own goal and a bit of luck from Johnsons back heel + the fu#k up from Knight and Wheater

a fair result would be 1-1 at half time and 3-1 at full time, I was happy with our performance at half time, we did give up, once again, in the second half but we were no where near as bad as some are making out.

This talk of them getting double figures is not a fair representation at all.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:Yes I did go.

Whilst they could have scored a couple in the first 5 minutes, I thought that any more than 2-0 would have flattered them.

A couple? They could've easily had 4 after 4 minutes. They had something like 29 attempts apparently. They slaughtered us.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They had 23 attempts and alot were long punts in the second half.

and btw, the rule is that when one team scores the opposition have a kick off from the centre, so they couldnt have had 4 in 4 minutes..

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lofty_Love wrote:and btw, the rule is that when one team scores the opposition have a kick off from the centre, so they couldnt have had 4 in 4 minutes..

They could the way we defend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum