Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well that could have been a lot worse...

+10
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
gloswhite
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
xmiles
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Doesn't matter how many attempts they had, the fact is we came away with a respectable 2-0, which is better than most teams that have come away with at the Ethiad this season (yes I know it's still a defeat but still).

They were always going to create a shit load of chances, their attacking power is freightning, our morale would have been very low going into the QPR game if it had ended 5/6 nill like I expected, so 2-0 isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All defeats are the same, you get nothing.

i like us to battle in defeat and give our all, but at the end of the day I'd rather we picked up some bloody points.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Stats (according to Setanta) were that City had 24 attempts whilst Bolton had 8. City had 20 on target whilst Bolton had 3!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Point is that we came away without too much further damage to the goal difference which may well be an important factor by the last day. Tactics weren't great and there were some individual errors but we got off lightly. Add to that nobody apart from the Baggies pushed further ahead of us - although QPR were unlucky - and Wolves had a big psychological blow.

The scene is set for the great escape. We've been sh1t and we're still not out of it which is a bit of a miracle in itself.

It's now up to OC and the lads to prove that you can focus on rebuilding with youngsters and still have enough to survive whilst they are maturing - or not as the case maybe.

It's definitely make or break time now, but we couldn't have come into the final stretch in better shape at least points wise - the way we've been playing we could already have been cast adrift, so at least that's something to be thankful for.

Where the necessary points are going to come from I still don't know as all the teams we have yet to play - the supposedly easier games on paper - can turn it on on their day, so it's up to our lads to up their game and show us what they've got. Let's hope they can do it.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We need to rediscover our from from Everton to the Arsenal game over the next few weeks, a defeat on Saturday and I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like after the game.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even going behind could cause heads to drop. We need a cup final attitude for this and every other game this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum