Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Ream

+5
doffcocker
scottjames30
waynagain
Hipster_Nebula
NickFazer
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tim Ream Empty Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 09:40

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I notice Tim Ream is in the Sky Bet Championship team of the weekend [The Sun], I thought he played well on Saturday, what do you think?

2Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 10:13

Best player by far until he took a knock. Also possibly one of our outgoings too. Is it Bristol who are after him

3Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 10:19

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Might have been a last attempt to save his Bolton career, but he looked very effective if he's fit would like to see him play there against Crapburn.

4Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 11:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Played very well.

especially his ability to break up play and move the ball on.

That was the muamba role.

5Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 13:24

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Played very well.

especially his ability to break up play and move the ball on.

That was the muamba role.
Don't you know that it's not acceptable to say a 'Coyle signing' played well?

6Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Played well in a shite formation.

7Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 16:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Decent performance, but there's nothing he can do that Medo and Spearing can't.

8Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 18:30

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:Decent performance, but there's nothing he can do that Medo and Spearing can't.
He did it better than both of them on Saturday, time to get rid of him - not because of his abilty, but because he's a Coyle signing.
By the way, don't be surprised if Spearing doesn't play this weekend. He was having a problem with what could be a hamstring injury in the last couple of minutes against QPR.

9Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Decent performance, but there's nothing he can do that Medo and Spearing can't.
i thought he hunted the ball better than either of them (that i've seen recently)

10Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 20:36

He was playing the "quarterback" role and did very well. Looked very fit getting back and nice distribution. Played a different role to spearing and medo. He was inbetween the defence and defensive midfielders. Its what we need with out shit centre back pairing. Maybe one of spearing or medo would be enough just in front of him but we need width. Playing one winger at a time is a fucking joke. If we had chungy and hall starting with beckford and ngog both on too I think saturday would have been a very different result. Id like to try

Bogdan (looked a lot morr confident on sat)
Tierney
Knight
Wheater
Baptiste
Ream (qb role)
Medo/pratley
Chungy/eagles
Hall
Beckford
Ngog

A very attacking team

11Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 21:04

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ream played really well, our best player i reckon. 

What the hell does it matter who signed him !! Coyle had faults yes ,but for Christ sake he didn't do anything on purpose ? he brought Sturridge in he brought Wilshere in or was that crap as well ? The guy had to go he paid the price but he made good and bad decisions just like all managers.

Bet no one was moaning on the way to Wembley that fatal day, granted we were all pissed off from kick off and onwards. but as i said he paid the price.

12Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 21:09

Nice to see Dougie isn't ready to give up on him, because I do think he has the potential to be a decent player for us.

I'd really like to see Wheater and Ream at CB, just to give it a go and see how they get on. Koscielny Mertesaker displacing Vermaelen at Arsenal goes to show the importance of having a good partnership, which Wheater and Ream seemed to be building in the season we went down.

13Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:01

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wessy wrote:Ream played really well, our best player i reckon. 

What the hell does it matter who signed him !! Coyle had faults yes ,but for Christ sake he didn't do anything on purpose ? he brought Sturridge in he brought Wilshere in or was that crap as well ? The guy had to go he paid the price but he made good and bad decisions just like all managers.

Bet no one was moaning on the way to Wembley that fatal day, granted we were all pissed off from kick off and onwards. but as i said he paid the price.
Tell that to the person who always says 'thanks Owen' when Freedman picks Knight every week. Sometimes people have such anymosity towards a certain player, it makes you wonder if they came home and caught him banging his wife!!!

14Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

waynagain wrote:

Tell that to the person who always says 'thanks Owen' when Freedman picks Knight every week. Sometimes people have such anymosity towards a certain player, it makes you wonder if they came home and caught him banging his wife!!!
Jesus, how old are you!?

As far as I'm concerned Coyle totally bollocked us up. His management and strategic thinking was abysmal and his signings nothing short of a disaster.

Yes of course one or two may yet come good but hand on heart apart from a number of his loan signings (Spearing included) how many of them can be considered a success for us so far?

Knight was originally signed by Megson and I said at the time I thought he was crap.

I don't think anyone could have relegated us the season we were - but Coyle was worse than even I thought he could be! Remember even the bookies didn't think we would get relegated going in to the last two games of the season!

Never the less I have to live with his fuck ups, just the same as everyone else does.

I could be abusive and bitter towards him - just like you consistently are about Gartside - but I rather go the way of doing it by a little bit of black humour - hence the 'thank you Owen' digs.

If it upsets you so much I'll stop doing it but nothing will change my mind about how bloody useless Coyle was for the club and the shit legacy he left for his successor in terms of playing staff.

Is that better for you?

PS, I have no fears whatsoever about Knight banging my wife, he would probably still be aimlessly wandering about somewhere in the kitchen when he was urgently needed at the time in the bedroom!

15Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:32

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
waynagain wrote:

Jesus, how old are you!?

As far as I'm concerned Coyle totally bollocked us up.  His management and strategic thinking was abysmal and his signings nothing short of a disaster.

Yes of course one or two may yet come good but hand on heart apart from a number of his loan signings (Spearing included) how many of them can be considered a success for us so far?

Knight was originally signed by Megson and I said at the time I thought he was crap.

I don't think anyone could have relegated us the season we were - but Coyle was worse than even I thought he could be!  Remember even the bookies didn't think we would get relegated going in to the last two games of the season!

Never the less I have to live with his fuck ups, just the same as everyone else does.

I could be abusive and bitter towards him - just like you consistently are about Gartside - but I rather go the way of doing it by a little bit of black humour - hence the 'thank you Owen' digs.

If it upsets you so much I'll stop doing it but nothing will change my mind about how bloody useless Coyle was for the club and the shit legacy he left for his successor in terms of playing staff.

Is that better for you?

PS, I have no fears whatsoever about Knight banging my wife, he would probably still be aimlessly wandering about somewhere in the kitchen when he was urgently needed at the time in the bedroom!
You are the one who constantly berates Knight followed by 'thanks Owen', so who is the childish one? And as for it being 'black humour', is that another 'dig' at Knight, because that really would be beyond obscene. The term you may have been thinking of is 'dark humour'.

16Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:34

waynagain wrote:You are the one who constantly berates Knight followed by 'thanks Owen', so who is the childish one? And as for it being 'black humour', is that another 'dig' at Knight, because that really would be beyond obscene. The term you may have been thinking of is 'dark humour'.
Black humour and dark humour are the same thing. :facepalm:

17Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:38

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:You are the one who constantly berates Knight followed by 'thanks Owen', so who is the childish one? And as for it being 'black humour', is that another 'dig' at Knight, because that really would be beyond obscene. The term you may have been thinking of is 'dark humour'.
Black humour and dark humour are the same thing. :facepalm:
Tell that to Al Sharpton

18Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 22:38

Come on Wayne is an easy mistake to make. Dark humour/Black comedy. . Don't make this about race as it is fuck all to do with that. Knight is shit. Owen resigned him when he should have been consigned to the scrap heap and to be fair he did better next to dawson. Hence why df is still playing him as we have no other choice at the minute. Bring on Dawson or someone of a sime may sta r t performing better again. Bu leave race out of it. It was tenuous at best

19Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Mon Aug 26 2013, 23:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's nothing at all offensive with the phrase 'Black humour' - just Google its definition if you don't believe me - its even shown in the Encyclopaedia Britannica!

I don't rate Knight - I don't rate Wheater either - so it's nothing to do with the colour of a players skin - funny how you focus on just the one player of the two I mention though.

Of course you know all this.

You also know my digs are aimed at Coyle, nothing at all to do with Knight.

If you don't like what I say then don't bother to read my posts in future.

Simple.

20Tim Ream Empty Re: Tim Ream Tue Aug 27 2013, 10:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ream found a better role for his abilities on Saturday and more made the case for trying 4141 than 4132 IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum