Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bed room tax

+4
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
ROGUEMANNY
waynagain
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bed room tax Empty Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:26

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this.

2Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:33

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Makes sense

Scrounges should get a job and buy a house

3Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:38

Makes sense on the face of it, but there isn't rigorous enough means testing to determine who actually needs the extra space ie disabled people. So there are a lot of people who really do need the extra space suffering. 

The problem is this government have created the illusion that everybody on benefits is a 'scrounger' so the public are putting pressure on for this to be rectified. Hence we see policies like this which make the government little money and causes suffering to the majority who do need the extra room, but it appeases the public and wins Cameron some more popularity.

4Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:55

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The reason I have an interest is because my sister lives in Bolton. She never paid a penny in National Insurance her whole life, but as soon as she became of Pension age she claimed a pension. She also applied for accomodation and claimed that she needed it to take care of my mother and was given a two bedroom house and the town pays her rent. My mother never lived with her but the town didn't do any research before allocating her a property. I bought my mother a bungalow many years ago and she lived there until she could no longer care for herself and I moved her into a nursing home. My sister also gets assistance paying her gas and electric even though she has a small business which she does not declare. I think that the idea of a bedroom tax is a valid one and people like my sister are the reason.

5Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 14:13

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I have a friend who has banged out 6 kids and his partner is also classed as a carer for her mother who lives with them

Neither of them do an hours work but walk out at the end of the year with £60,000 and a paid for 5 bedrooms detached house

This is what pisses me off about the system

6Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 14:17

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My sister was also getting a carer's allowance of over 300 pounds a month for my mother even though she rarely saw her, and actully never saw her for the last 18 months of her life.

7Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 15:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think disabled people should be exempt. And by disabled I mean real disabilities, not back problems/depression/in growing toenails.

8Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Fri Aug 30 2013, 16:10

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

ROGUEMANNY wrote:I have a friend who has banged out 6 kids and his partner is also classed as a carer for her mother who lives with them

Neither of them do an hours work but walk out at the end of the year with £60,000 and a paid for 5 bedrooms detached house

This is what pisses me off about the system
There is something very wrong with that I agree. 
What really pisses me off is that the government are trying to save crazy amounts of money from axing huge numbers of public sector jobs but people can claim crazy amounts of benefits. Jobs are vital, especially with a growing and aging population. 
What sort of mind thinks up a bedroom tax? Who could even think of something that stupid?

9Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sat Aug 31 2013, 02:27

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think disabled people should be exempt. And by disabled I mean real disabilities, not back problems/depression/in growing toenails.
I heard that being a heroin addict is considered a disabilty in the UK

10Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here is a prime example. A hard working family had a 3 bedroomed council house in Bolton in 1978. They had 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Both parents worked hard and paid income tax, national insurance, council rent on their house, plus rates and all their utility bills. Over the years the children all grew up and got married and moved out. At Xmas and New Year some of the children would visit the family home and stay during the festive period. Under the new regulations they have two " spare " bedrooms and they must therefore pay extra tax or move into a one bedroomed shoebox which the council will kindly provide for them. No longer will family or friends be able to stay overnight and they will have to start all over again in the twilight years of their lives because they cannot afford the extra tax. Their once loving family home is no longer. Still, at least they can console themselves with the fact that their lovely home will soon be allocated to a family more needful. Perhaps a single parent with 2 or 3 kids and no husband to support her or a family of refugees from some foreign country that nobody in Bolton has ever heard of.

Whatever happened to the saying, " A mans home is his castle?"

11Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:48

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That is the Tories for you, but rest assured, they haven't a chance of getting in next time.

12Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All of the people who make these decisions tend to live in privately owned houses with multiple rooms so the bedroom tax doesn't affect them. Don't do as I do but do as I say. One rule for one etc etc.

13Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:14

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

RT said,A mans home is his castle, only if you own it.

14Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 23:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:That is the Tories for you, but rest assured, they haven't a chance of getting in next time.
:rofl: you fat fuckwit, labour have got even less chance so who does that leave.

15Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Sun Sep 01 2013, 23:22

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Tories will get in again, and that is fine by me.

16Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Mon Sep 02 2013, 08:55

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It will all come down to the economy and the Tories will fix that whatever they need to do, I can't see there being enough fuckwits to put labour in charge of that again.

17Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:11

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:It will all come down to the economy and the Tories will fix that whatever they need to do, I can't see there being enough fuckwits to put labour in charge of that again.
Fck you, tosser. 
By the way, did you read that Susannah Reid is going to be on Strictly Come Dancing this year? Can't wait to see her in some skimpy outfits.

18Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:47

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:It will all come down to the economy and the Tories will fix that whatever they need to do, I can't see there being enough fuckwits to put labour in charge of that again.
Fck you, tosser. 
By the way, did you read that Susannah Reid is going to be on Strictly Come Dancing this year? Can't wait to see her in some skimpy outfits.
Susanah Reid eh, much more interesting topic than politics should see a lot of those fantastic legs then.

19Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might watch Strictly then Very Happy 

20Bed room tax Empty Re: Bed room tax Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:I might watch Strictly then Very Happy 
Only cos she's on mind!! fuck me ,you , me and McGill (man in a suitcase) all watching strictly, slippers and cocoa next:D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum