Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we lose on Saturday...

+9
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Whitesince63
Angry Dad
wanderlust
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

If we get beat, which one of these will you do.

If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 4 ]
If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Empty Re: If we lose on Saturday... Fri Sep 13 2013, 16:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Virtually nobody had a kind word to say about Dougie before the Burnley game in February. Three months later, anybody caught slagging him was "mad". Five matches later, most people are having a pop at him again. I'm just underwhelmed at the idea of another round of firing and hiring, knowing we'll probably see the same bonkers sequence of events.

Look at Mark Hughes. Bolton fans would have killed to have him a few years ago. He has a shit season at QPR and apparently, anyone would be silly to give him a job. But it's OK. He need only have a decent season at Stoke and he'll be a safe pair of hands all over again.

Football management is just fucking mad.

22If we lose on Saturday... - Page 2 Empty Re: If we lose on Saturday... Fri Sep 13 2013, 18:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Yeah, but you're assuming that by giving someone a few seasons the results will eventually come. We could just as easily have three seasons of defeat after defeat and end up in League 2.
I'm assuming nothing of the sort and yes it could happen.
It does, however seem to be our best option seeing as recently, no manager has had 3 full seasons in the job and we've plummeted.
It could be argued that we were left with an expensive and ageing squad and we had to stop rising debt so there are other reasons why we've gone downhill, but as we've had to bite the bullet financially we can no longer buy our way out of trouble.
Which means that we're going to have to get talent on the cheap i.e. bargain basement buys or bring the kids through.
Bargain basement isn't what it was - bit of a lottery really, although if Medo starts putting a bit more effort in he could turn out to be a bargain.
Ultimately, it's the quality of our youngsters that could lift us - they're a known quantity - however they take time to develop and come through - but each new manager seems to want to have a clear out so it hasn't happened for us -yet.
A bit of stability will do the kids a world of good and probably the senior players as well, so I'm all for it and bugger the results in the short term. I want the club back on solid foundations like we had when Rioch ran the show. I'll worry about promotion when I'm confident we have a sustainable platform with strength in depth to build on.
Anything above and beyond that would be a bonus - not an expectation.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum