Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Should Be The Next Captain?

+12
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
bwfc71
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
kennster
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 16:40

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

With Zat Knight looking like he wont be in the starting line up for a while and his relationship potentially strained with Freedman who would you like as the next captain?

2Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Spearing for me.

3Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:29

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Haven't seen any real captain material so I suppose it doesn't matter who the coin tosser is. Probably Spearing is as good as any.

4Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Haven't seen any real captain material so I suppose it doesn't matter who the coin tosser is.
Ngog is the biggest tosser.

5Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight will be captain on Tuesday.

6Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the time has come to make a statement really.

It'd be a real shame to see the same team trotted out.

7Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing

8Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bogdan

9Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing, for me, he has had time with the club, knows the fans, the other players and how we should be playing - something that Zat Knightmare should have known but never did!

10Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:30

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'd go for Pratley, one of the few players who you know will try every game and he's experienced.

11Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:I'd go for Pratley, one of the few players who you know will try every game and he's experienced.
Laughing 

12Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley tries hard but his headless chicken routine is old now.

13Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 20:09

Think it should be shared round the team, each player does 8 minutes each.

14Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 20:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:Think it should be shared round the team, each player does 8 minutes each.
Laughing 

15Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 20:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Give it the only real footballer on the pitch at the minute-Ream!!

16Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 20:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another who would like Spearing to be the next captain.

17Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 22:15

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

kennster wrote:I'd go for Pratley, one of the few players who you know will try every game and he's experienced.
Jesus fucking christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!affraid affraid affraid

18Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 22:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I was joking about Bogdan by the way.

19Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Sun Sep 15 2013, 22:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the 4 games I've seen Pratley has been the very least of our problems.

He's the new Matt Taylor, no matter what he does some are just pre disposed to call him "shit"

20Who Should Be The Next Captain? Empty Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain? Mon Sep 16 2013, 09:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we pick a new club captain I think it needs to be a central midfielder. Spearing would be a natural choice in terms of the "on the park" element of the role but it would depend on his ability to motivate off the park, media skills and willingness to do the job.
However since Ream has started playing in midfielder he looks totally reinvigorated - it's like getting a new signing - so unlikely as it seems, he may come into the reckoning.
The astute move would be to make Holden the captain if he ever plays again. Contraversial maybe but I think he would be outstanding. The lad's a media darling, massively respected on and off the pitch, always positive despite all his setbacks and if he ever gets back, he'd be my choice.
We write players off so easily which is a nonsense when you look at Joey O'Brien bombing down the flanks for West Ham so there's hope (albeit desperate) that Stuey may come back, and when that day comes he should get the armband.
But until then, Jay Spearing has to be favourite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum