Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Security

+9
xmiles
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
Keegan
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Internet Security Empty Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 17:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 18:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have thought about online banking in the past but personally I just think it's too risky.

3Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 18:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I suspect there is more on line wanking

4Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 18:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sure there is, AD!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 21:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Internet banking in thsi country is open to many abuse.

I still use my ABN account and their internet banking is much safer (but like all forms of banking can be succumb to some sort of abuse). I have my bank card and a calculator things...... to open my internet account I have to activate the calculator thing by placeing my card in it and typing my pin then from teh screen the bank gives a 6 didgit nuimber which is then typed into the calculator thing which then gives an 8 digit response which is then typed into teh computer (these 6/8 digits are so-called ransom and are not the same on every use) - after that there are 2 other steps before one can access any details whatsoever - as I say more secure than what I have with santander which is the same 8 digit pin followed by same 5 digit code!!!!

What peeves me off about Santander is the transfer of money from my Uk account to my dutch account - each transaction si £25 - where as from ABN to Santander only costs €5!!!! Ripping off bastards. A Transfer actually costs (using the CLS or BIC/IBAN systems) only costs £4 per transaction so its no wonder Santander are making profits year on year!!!!

6Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 22:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Internet banking is safe as houses, I would never be worried by it.
On the subject of internet security which internet security package do people here use? I am with Norton, I am not sure if it is the best but I have never had any problems with my computer in the 4 years I have been using it.

7Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Tue Sep 17 2013, 23:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I make use of internet banking all the time - so convenient.  My internet security is AVG (A "Free" copy) and I have had no problems either

8Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 00:01

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Dito

9Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 00:05

Never had a problem with internet banking, the story about Santander wasn't really concerned with internet banking. 

For internet security I use Comodo, which is free and I find it better than all of the paid ones.

10Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 06:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use McAfee.

11Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 08:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't realise McDonalds had got in on the act Razz

12Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 16:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Never had a problem with internet banking. I use Microsoft security essentials (MSE) which is free and seems to work just fine.

13Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Wed Sep 18 2013, 16:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I use online banking (Nationwide) just to check my balance when need be. It's more of kerfuffle than I'd like it to be. Account numbers, passwords, secret answers. I have to use one of those things where you put your debit card in, type in your pin and it gives you a code with which to log in. What's that all about? Maybe I'm too blasé but I'd happily sacrifice a bit of security in order for it to be less tedious.

14Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Fri Sep 20 2013, 10:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

15Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i pay around £40 a year to have Norton on my pc, are the free ones available any good and which one would you recommend?

16Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Fri Sep 20 2013, 12:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AVG is the best free one but if I was you I would stick with Norton because you have the full back up service. When I got my first computer in 07 I just had AVG and within a year it went to ratshit so I bought Norton Internet security and everything was fine.

I changed to McAfee in 09 when I got a new computer and it came with 12 months free internet security. I don't know how true it is but somebody once told me that Norton and McAfee are both owned by Microsoft.

17Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Fri Sep 20 2013, 21:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought Norton was owned by Symantec.

18Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Sat Sep 21 2013, 00:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Norton McAfee and what not are crazy resource hoggers. They slow your system a lot. Especially if U have auto update on. Avg free has always defended me, also zone alarm free as firewall.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

19Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Sat Sep 21 2013, 10:18

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:i pay around £40 a year to have Norton on my pc, are the free ones available any good and which one would you recommend?
£40? You don't renew via Norton do you? They are a rip off to renew via themselves, I always just buy the latest version on amazon and type in the product code, you can always get it on Amazon for £20. 
I never liked the free ones, I tried the free ones like AVG in the past and my computer went to shit just like Reebok Trotter says. I have had Norton for about 4 years and not once had anything bad happen to my PC, so it is worth it.

20Internet Security Empty Re: Internet Security Sat Sep 21 2013, 11:18

I use Comodo, highly recommend it. Has it's own internet browser as well as firewall, internet security and antivirus. It's used by a lot of top businesses and universities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum