Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers U21s 3-0 Blackburn Rovers U21s

+3
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A brace from Zac Clough and a well taken Conor Wilkinson goal sealed a 3-0 win for Bolton Wanderers against neighbours Blackburn Rovers at the Reebok Stadium.

Zac Clough seems to be doing well in the youth team, perhaps it's time to give the kid a chance up front?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get the goal scorers in the 1st team, we would probably have a better chance against Yeovil!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i watched the game against united and although they got thrashed Kellet and Gregus stood out to me.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I keep forgetting about Jan Gregus, he and Kellet both played tonight so keeping a clean sheet too wouldn't have done them any harm in trying to stake a claim for the first team.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It doesn't matter as DF will not play them in the 1st team. I think it's a falicy that DF encourages and plays youth in his sides. I have yet to see a youth player given an extended run. I would love to see the kids play. At least they give a shit about the club and are arguably better than the 1st team

Everyone would like to see more youth in the team. But who do we drop to bring them in?

A lot of people go on about Odelusi, personally I've never been that impressed. His touch isn't good enough for top level football IMO. Gregus I'd love to see more of, but with Spearing, Medo and now Ream ahead of him I can't see it. White is very young, and has one of the best full backs in the championship ahead of him in Baptiste (I mean in recent years, not that he's been outstanding for us). 

Youth is great on paper, but if they aren't good enough then we can't exactly afford to be pissing about with the first team. We need to get some results.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 you really are priceless. Let' stick with Dougie let's stick with the players and let's stick with the certainty of relegation if we do. Grow some man and see sense.

Whites, can you read? Where have I said stick with the players? My point is we've no idea if the youth are good enough.

You're obsessed with trying to prove me wrong but you're looking like an idiot in the process. Get some sleep.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 that's the point we don't know if the youth is good enough because we never get chance to find out but we all know the current team isn't, one look at the table and performances show that. I'm not asking for wholesale changes just trying one or two to see. Seems like common sense to me.

And I've no issue with that. My question is who do we drop???

We're weak in many areas but I'd be playing Rob Hall every game at least for some pace, and probably giving Kellet a go as we desperately need something at LB. Ream, Spearing and Medo are three good midfielders so I'd stick with them which limits Gregus chances and we don't seem to have a decent enough CB/ST in the youth team.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JAH wrote: I would love to see the kids play. At least they give a shit about the club...
A sentiment expressed by many on numerous forums but where does this idea come from?

Years ago the 'kids' used to be mainly local boys but these days the kids come from far and wide - including Europe - many who probably had never even heard of Bolton (let alone ever visited it) before they were signed by the club.

Even our best kids show no loyalty to the club - take for instance Kyle Bartley who dumped us as fast as he could when he found out Arsenal were interested in him.

Don't forget these kids are still only late teens and early twenties - some have still not full physically developed yet - and most are certainly not emotionally mature - Nile Ranger for example.

Also don't forget the kids now life in an 'artificial' world, where they are earning significantly more than kids the same age, have been pampered ever since someone thought they had the potential to become a professional footballer and probably already have an agent!

So we have a kids team of players, many of whom probably are strangers to Bolton, with many of them (through no fault of their own) having no idea of the hardship of life outside football, who probably have never had to role their sleeves up and graft in their entire lives - and we think that they truly give more of a shit about the club than our current first teamers do?

I simply don't see it myself.  In fact what I do see is simply the next generation of footballers, who in a few years will be plying their trade at some random club or other, with no affinity or loyalty to it whatsoever apart from picking up their obscenely large wage packet each week, whilst we the fans in the stands continue to not understand why these lazy (multimillionaire) feckers aren't willing to sweat blood for the badge as we ourselves would gladly do.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
JAH wrote: I would love to see the kids play. At least they give a shit about the club...
A sentiment expressed by many on numerous forums but where does this idea come from?

Years ago the 'kids' used to be mainly local boys but these days the kids come from far and wide - including Europe - many who probably had never even heard of Bolton (let alone ever visited it) before they were signed by the club.

Even our best kids show no loyalty to the club - take for instance Kyle Bartley who dumped us as fast as he could when he found out Arsenal were interested in him.

Don't forget these kids are still only late teens and early twenties - some have still not full physically developed yet - and most are certainly not emotionally mature - Nile Ranger for example.

Also don't forget the kids now life in an 'artificial' world, where they are earning significantly more than kids the same age, have been pampered ever since someone thought they had the potential to become a professional footballer and probably already have an agent!

So we have a kids team of players, many of whom probably are strangers to Bolton, with many of them (through no fault of their own) having no idea of the hardship of life outside football, who probably have never had to role their sleeves up and graft in their entire lives - and we think that they truly give more of a shit about the club than our current first teamers do?

I simply don't see it myself.  In fact what I do see is simply the next generation of footballers, who in a few years will be plying their trade at some random club or other, with no affinity or loyalty to it whatsoever apart from picking up their obscenely large wage packet each week, whilst we the fans in the stands continue to not understand why these lazy (multimillionaire) feckers aren't willing to sweat blood for the badge as we ourselves would gladly do.
A very good post sluffy, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Football isn't like it used to be and these days there is very little to no loyalty and it really is about the money.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm not even British and I'd give 110% on the pitch to improve our fortunes. A job, however, is just a job.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum