Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers could lose loan ace Liam Feeney as Millwall trigger recall clause

+7
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MILLWALL are planning to recall Liam Feeney in a fortnight unless Wanderers come up with a quick deal to sign him on a permanent basis.

A three-month loan was agreed for the winger on September 28 but the Lions have a 28-day option to take him back to The Den early.

Feeney has been a surprise hit at the Reebok since his arrival from South London where he had fallen well down the pecking order under Steve Lomas.

But The Bolton News understands that following the sale of James Henry to Wolves, the Lions boss is now plotting to take the rejuvenated wide man back into his fold after Ipswich Town’s visit to the Reebok Stadium on October 26 – unless Wanderers can strike a deal to sign him permanently in January.

Losing Feeney would be a blow for Dougie Freedman, whose side’s return to form has coincided with his arrival alongside fellow loanees Kevin McNaughton and Neil Danns.

It would be equally disappointing for Wanderers fans, who have been impressed by the impact the wide man has made with his direct style in his three appearances for the club so far.

Feeney is out of contract in the summer and has not voiced his opinion publicly on whether he would favour a permanent stay.

Speaking to The Bolton News after the 2-1 win at Birmingham, he was expecting to stay with the Whites for the duration of his loan.

“I am here for three months and beyond that I don’t really know,” he said. “It’s not in my hands. I have a contract until the end of the season but I am not trying to focus too much on it.”

Millwall paid Bournemouth £350,000 for Feeney two-and-a-half years ago but are highly unlikely to claw back that kind of fee.

As the selling party, Lomas knows his club are in a strong position and sources close to the Northern Irishman suggest he may choose to lose Feeney for nothing in the summer by calling him back to his squad to aid his battle against relegation.

Cash is also an issue – and while the Millwall boss is anxious to bring in his own men, finances are also tight for Freedman, who may need to move on some of his higher earners before Wanderers owner Eddie Davies would sanction taking on another salary.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it sounds like Millwall are trying to force us to buy him, i would take the risk as there wouldn't be much of a fee for him seeing he is out of contract at the end of the season

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't pay now if we could get him for nothing at the end of the season.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

same here - have a quiet word with him, get a gentleman's agreement...Job done - he can state he doesn't want to go back to them and they should then not want him back

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:I wouldn't pay now if we could get him for nothing at the end of the season.
But if we wait,others will know he's doing a good job for us and the vultures will gather. He might end up elsewhere. Dougie should bite the bullet and buy him now

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I wouldn't pay now if we could get him for nothing at the end of the season.
but if he's playing well and we don't buy him or extend his loan then we risk losing him from January till the end of the season, which on current form would be a mistake.

For the sake of less than 100k probably is it worth leaving it till the end of the season?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Fat Phil cancels his holiday to Benidorm the club should be able to come up with the 300K.  It's a minimal investment risk.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about selling Lee and Eagles, with the money bringing in a winger that can cross a ball with the funds, and Feeney on a free, what about that ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, let's sign Feeney after 2 starts.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

thats us fucked then. 

Phill wont sanction a penny to sign anyone.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Feeney should just say he doesn't want to go back to shitty Millwall and play for that ginger prick Lomas. That should make sure Feeney stays with us.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zaha might still come .Very Happy 

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:thats us fucked then. 

Phill wont sanction a penny to sign anyone.
apart from obviously everyone who's come in this season, wages, fee's and loan fees.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smart move from Lomas. He knows we rate him, but have not seen enough to assess Feeney's downside as yet - so an excellent time to hold us to ransom.

Whatever Dougie does about this we have to respect his judgment as it's a very tough call either way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum