Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yet another player with an injured knee!

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Title says it all. Adam Bogdan this time, apparently at the training ground and he's out for 6 weeks at least. ::wtf:: 

I dunno what it is about our players but I'm beginning to wonder if every time we sign someone from now on we should have their knees replaced with artificial carbo-tanium joints and kevlar knee caps. 

On a more serious note I just want to wish Adam all the best and hope he gets fit soon because whether you rate him or not the sort of injury he apparently has (a partial tear in the ligaments) is very painful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I speak from personal experience unfortunately. Mad 

That said how do we think Lonergan will do now? If he does badly is Lynch ready for the step up? 

Personally I think Lonergan is pretty decent but not world class and there's not much between him and Bogdan so it might not make a real difference positive or negative to our rather shaky defence. As to young Lynch I simply don't know enough about him to make a judgement of my own although some posters here think he's extremely promising. 

All thoughts on this topic are welcome but please can we try to avoid sniping at one another just for the sake of it? 

Thank you all.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Title says it all. Adam Bogdan this time, apparently at the training ground and he's out for 6 weeks at least. ::wtf:: 

I dunno what it is about our players but I'm beginning to wonder if every time we sign someone from now on we should have their knees replaced with artificial carbo-tanium joints and kevlar knee caps. 

On a more serious note I just want to wish Adam all the best and hope he gets fit soon because whether you rate him or not the sort of injury he apparently has (a partial tear in the ligaments) is very painful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I speak from personal experience unfortunately. Mad 

That said how do we think Lonergan will do now? If he does badly is Lynch ready for the step up? 

Personally I think Lonergan is pretty decent but not world class and there's not much between him and Bogdan so it might not make a real difference positive or negative to our rather shaky defence. As to young Lynch I simply don't know enough about him to make a judgement of my own although some posters here think he's extremely promising. 

All thoughts on this topic are welcome but please can we try to avoid sniping at one another just for the sake of it? 

Thank you all.
It must be PMT week for some of the members! Very Happy

Lonergan played for 3 games last season (I think it was!) when Bogdan was last injured and played well, I am very keen to see how he plays this time round and maybe something could come positive about this as he now has to prove himself to be in with a sniff of being the permanent number 1 although I doubt it as Dougie doesn't like to alternate the team too much!

As Aaron said in the Bogdan injury thread, the keeper is only as good as the defence and our defence has been quite shocking so far this season so who knows.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How do karly? Seriously I actually do think Bogdan is a pretty decent keeper but I seem to be in a shrinking minority there. I like what I've seen of Lonergan but I don't think he's the messiah come to save us all from more defensive horror shows as some members seem to believe. The fact is that we don't have Jussi or Ali now and their replacements are nowhere near their level.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just for info - not having a pop or anything - you might want to check out the 'Bogdan Injured' thread, where people have been expressing their views on our current custodian for the last day or so. -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum