Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NWFAwards - Championship Player of the year

+2
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And the winner is our very own Jay Spearing!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing scoops regional award

The 24-year-old was on hand to receive the award at Monday night’s ceremony at the Lancashire County Cricket Club at Old Trafford.

Spearing claimed the regional gong for his performances for Bolton throughout the calendar year, pipping Blackpool’s Tom Ince and Blackburn’s Jordan Rhodes to the title.

He spent the first five months of the year on loan from Liverpool before Dougie Freedman swooped to make the move permanent in the summer. He has since featured in every minute of league action.

Speaking following the ceremony, Spearing said: "I am delighted to win the award - it was completely unexpected, but I'm thrilled to have won it.

"I'd like to thank everybody who voted for me as it means a lot."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well done against good competition,Rhodes,Austin,Ince etc.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully it will give Jay Spearing and the lads a good confidence boost.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Does this mean our Jay goes forward to battle to the death against the NEFA Championship Player of the Year, the SWFA Championship Player of the Year and the SEFA Championship Player of the Year in a No Holds Barred Royal Rumble Free-for-all competition? Or is it an award that we've just made up in the North West? No disrespect to Jay his performances last season were fantastic - this season not so much - just trying to ascertain whether its a regional heat that leads to a national award!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Highlights:

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

He's been our worst player this season, how the hell has he got that award and Jordan Rhodes or Tom Ince hasnt?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As good as he was for us last season I don't think he was better than Rhodes and Ince last season, certainly not this season aswell but well done to him all the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum